a horror story

Discussion in 'Tunisian News & Current Events' started by nadou88, Jul 12, 2018.

1. nadou88

nadou88 Active Member

Hi everyone i was shocked today to hear about this story .A 19 year old girl from jendouba called nouha ,she s an atheist ,loves life and wants to live it to the fullest ,has relationships like every other girl,loves to camp outdoors and demonstrates for freedoms .Her dad a mosque imam became upset he took her by force to religious wizards telling them that she was possessed by demons.After that he took her to a psychologist who told him that his daughter is mentally unstable just because she refuses the values of the society ( what a sick doctor !!!! ) .anyways her dad bribed someone and nouha was shocked the next day to be shackled and forced to be taken to a mental institute ,no matter how much she cried and screamed telling them it s a lie and that she s ok they didnt believe her ,all they did is lock her up or sedate her and beat her .she is forced to live with mentally unstable people who can hurt her .fortunately nouha hid her phone in her bra and posted on fb what s happening to her .the association of free thinkers talked with 2 lawyers they did their best but were unable to get her out ,they have to wait for the medical and personality test results which can be faked !! .There will be a demonstration tomorrow in front of the mental institute.things r getting worse here,i mean she s an adult how can her dad decide for her !! now different people will be judged as crazy and jailed in mental institutes !!! i m really very mad idk what to think anymore ,i don t want to fight for change or for them anymore .I m really desperate right now :(

Masha likes this.
  2. juicyfruit

juicyfruit Well-Known Member

:eek::( Stay strong nadou88.
    I can't believe something like that is happening!:mad: What is wrong with that country? This is not progress!

Amira and nadou88 like this.
  3. nadou88

nadou88 Active Member

i know it s horrible :Cry::Not Worthy:

juicyfruit likes this.
  4. Liona

Liona Well-Known Member

I believe as this story got some publicity, it could be lucky escape for the girl. Just after this she should not stay with her family anymore, it's dangerous. Well-known way to deal with inconvinient persons is to announce them mentally insane.

nadou88 and juicyfruit like this.
  5. Big Bang Theory

Big Bang Theory Well-Known Member

Keep fighting nadou88 - it was the same in the UK 60-70 years ago.... Things will change

juicyfruit, nadou88 and Mango Chutney like this.
  6. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

Awful to hear this @nadou88. Tragic that this is still happening. I read the medical records once of a woman who spent her life in a psychiatric institution. Her crime, she threw a dish cloth at her mother. She was 17 years old. It was 1920, and she spent the next 60 years in an institution. This was in the UK when we had archaic laws. But these laws persist in other countries today. Don’t give up, she needs to know there are people advocating for her. That she is not forgotten.

7. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

Don't lose heart, Nadou :love:
    Stay strong...you fight a good, positive battle.....women like Nouha are who you are fighting for.
    Read Laura's comment twice, three times....that's how life was for us in the not so distant past....but look where we are now, because of strong, principled women that fought for us! Women like you!
    Put your passion where it counts....and always know that there's another bunch of strong women here, rooting for you every step of the way :love:

juicyfruit, Laura2014 and nadou88 like this.
  8. nadou88

nadou88 Active Member

yeah she should leave her family ASAP

juicyfruit and Liona like this.
  9. nadou88

nadou88 Active Member

oh that s horrrible 60 years ! :(

juicyfruit likes this.
  10. nadou88

nadou88 Active Member

thx mango ,i know i must be strong but it s really hard ,tunisia and the UK are different so 60 years with such ignorant people won t change anything here

juicyfruit likes this.
  11. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

That's negative thinking, not the fighting talk I wanna hear!! I daresay that all those years ago, when our women were fighting such a battle, they probably thought it would make no difference, nothing would change....but it did! Eventually, it will for you too :)

juicyfruit likes this.
  12. Going for the limit

Going for the limit Well-Known Member

Watch the film called the suffragette based on a true story of the uk.
    Its inspiring but slso makes you realise what these amazing women did for us.

Big Bang Theory and juicyfruit like this.