A Warning message sent to me

Discussion in 'Rat on a Rat' started by Jcc, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Jcc

Jcc New Member

A question regarding your review of Soviva Resort
    Regarding: Port El Kantaoui: Soviva Resort:

My 15 yo Daughter was raped at this hotel in August by one Marwan Rahali a member of staff there. As I understand it he was released from custody as soon as we left the country and went straight back to his job in the hotel.I have been trying to warn people about this but Trip Advisor keep refusing to post my comments, its only a matter of time before he does it again and Thomas Cook are worse than hopeless on this matter as it may ruin their profits.
    New to the Rat forum so unsure if I have posted this in the correct place but I got this message when I posted my review about the Soviva resort and the unwelcome attention my daughter received there.

Fern, Tactfull and fainna like this.
  2. fainna

fainna Well-Known Member

omg, thats really terrible jcc. i am 16,, love to your daughter from me!! xx

3. Jcc

Jcc New Member

It wasn't my daughter, although we saw plenty of rat's while there, the message was sent to me via trip advisor

fainna likes this.
  4. fainna

fainna Well-Known Member

oh, so sorry, but how awful, the poor girl! and the attacker got away with it!!!! disgusting!!

Alien and Jcc like this.
  5. Jcc

Jcc New Member

Horrible isn't it, While at Soviva we saw a 15 year old girl having sex with one of the animation in the nightclub there, another young girl was attacked, my daughter had a note delivered to our room via the maid from a man asing to meet her outside the hotel gates, and another young girl, 17 is now married with a baby to one of the animation that were there.... I have read alot of posts in here and agree fully when people say the tour operators should warn of this behaviour, we are lucky to have Tunisian friends that warned us before we went what Tunisian men and Animation can be like

6. Big Bang Theory

Big Bang Theory Well-Known Member

7. Jcc

Jcc New Member

I have just messaged him with a link to come here for advice/support, reading through the link you posted now

8. the nutty professor

the nutty professor Bad Teacher

hi jcc and welcome
    we will do all we can to support you all here

wallah, Laurence, Jcc and 1 other person like this.
  9. marilyna

marilyna Chocolate Connoisseur

Welcome to TLR Jcc

Jcc likes this.
  10. MissMetal

MissMetal Well-Known Member

Makes my blood boil. Rape of their own reaches headlines, but not of the tourists.

Jcc and Fern like this.
  11. Angry Dad

Angry Dad New Member

Hi Newbie here. Many thanks to Jcc for taking my pm on trip advisor seriously.
    As previously posted my 15 year old Daughter was brutally raped by a waiter at the hotel that she was staying at with my ex-wife, he followed her to her room and forced his way in then raped her in a sadistic violent way which has left her suicidal and feeling worthless.
    Aside from the obvious upset to us as a family I am as my tag suggests really angry that I cannot get any justice from the ahem legal system over there. She is only a tourist so we will hold him until they go home.
    They were treated really badly by thomas cook and the hotel, and I find out that upon his release he was working again at the same place.
    I would love to go to the papers with this but I fear for the anonymity of my daughter. We are not loaded with money so pursuing it privately is out of the question (when I approached Thomas Cook for help we were offered £600 in compensation as long as we signed a disclaimer waiving my daughters rights to further pursuing this at a later date) As you can imagine I was furious at this corporate attempt to barter with her feelings.
    I have been trying to post warnings for nearly a year on different sites such as Trip Advisor etc but cannot get past the moderators who say it is inappropriate content but thanks to Jcc I have found you guys who appear to have the forum I was looking for.
    His name is Marwan Rahali he is early 20s and was working at Port El Kantaoui in Soviva resort

[​IMG]

Arkady, ExNorway, BellyDancer and 7 others like this.
  12. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Hi Angry Dad, and welcome!

I'm so sorry for what happened with your daughter, it's absolutely shocking me! I'm sending both of you very-very big virtual hugs, and I wish her quick healing! This man's place would be in prison until the end of his life, that would be the minimum punishment!! :mad:

I wouldn't have liked your post, because it's horrible what happened with your daughter, the only reason because I have liked that, because I'm glad that you've found this site, and you've come here and posted him to warn others.

Could you please put his picture please into the gallery with the copy of the link to this thread?

I'm not English, but I have read many bad things here about Thomas Cook. I wonder why English people yet like that agency?

ExNorway, simple, CUDDLE and 4 others like this.
  13. the nutty professor

14. the nutty professor

hi angrydad and welcome

15. fainna

fainna Well-Known Member

hi angry dad, i am so so sorry for what happened to your daughter!!! please give her my love!, THOMAS CROOK .... is a better name for them!!! xxxxx

Alien and MH007 like this.
  16. fainna

fainna Well-Known Member

THOMAS BLOODY CROOK!!!!!!!

17. Should have know better

Should have know better Active Member

When I first went to Tunisia I went with Thomas cook and I was a little concerned about safety for women on their own. I asked the rep about this and was told that Tunisia is safer than any European country because of the punishment they receive if they commit a crime!!

18. Big Bang Theory

Big Bang Theory Well-Known Member

Hi Angry Dad, this is so sad :Cry: but I am please that you've found this forum and you can now warn everyone. Please put his picture in the Gallery with the heading of his name and the name of the hotel so that when people google they will hopefully find it.

There is also a facebook page that has been set up about the phenicia Hotel in Hammamet where this also happened, warning people about what happened and showing the reviews that 'Trip Advisor' have removed https://www.facebook.com/phenicia.hotel.tunisia.warning?fref=ts I don't know if you can do something like that as well ?

Was this reported to the police when your wife and daughter returned to England? I don't know if they can do anything but I have read of incidents when they have got involved in crimes against British people in other countries.

Please send love to your daughter and I hope she will recover from this x

19. Laurence

Laurence Well-Known Member

Angry Dad, I have no words to describe what I felt while reading the story of your daughter!!!!
    THOMAS COOK should be brought to justice as well for PROTECTING CRIMINALS IN TUNISIA!!!!
    I think that taking this story to the papers (your daugter staying anonymous, as she is minor) could be the start of a big campaign and maybe get you the lawyer you certainly need... Maybe if several victims (there is another victim of rape in a tunisian hotel on here) could gather and defend their rights together?
    On the other hand, would this be in the interest of your daughter? How is she doing actually? Does she have any psychological follow up?
    Wish you both all the best!

20. marilyna

marilyna Chocolate Connoisseur

Welcome to TLR AngryDad,

I can't even begin to imagine what you are feeling with regard to what happened to your daughter. I feel sick thinking about it. I hope and pray that you get some justice. I know years ago someone started a viral campaign against Thomas cook, and it picked up so much interest, that at one point when you Googled Thomas cook, this man's Blog page came up first before Thomas cook. In the end Thomas cook were forced to respond to him, and answer his complaints. I find it disgusting that they are offering you a pittance to keep silent.

ExNorway, simple, Rachel 9 and 2 others like this.
  21. Fern

Fern Well-Known Member

Hi angry dad, have pm'd you

I_fell_for_it, Laurence and Alien like this.
  22. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Angry Dad, have you tried to contact to your Embassy and tell them what has happened? In my country we are always adviced that firstly contact to our Embassy and they will help if we are in trouble, or if some crime happens. And usually they really help to those who are in trouble.

As far as I am concerned after the recently published stupid newspaper articles about marriages with Tunisian men I'm not sure that I would go to a newspaper, but it's not a bad idea. But I would go to a TV channel. For example to a news program/signal. (I don't know the right word for it in English, I hope you understand....) There's no need that they show you and your daughter personally, but they can tell her case as a warning to others, and they can show and make an interview with Tomas Cook. At least in my country it works well. We have seen some crime stories about Tunisian men with European girls in TV signal, and it was effective to warn future tourists.

23. Angry Dad

Angry Dad New Member

I am genuinely overwhelmed by all of your kind messages, Thank you all so much.
    to answer some of the questions put to me...
    1. She is starting to live her life again after months of being in a very dark place, she is petrified of men except for myself , her brother and a friend of mine who does nothing but mock and annoy her (jokingly of course)
    2. We never went to the police over here as it would be too upsetting for her. The police in Sousse were animals, even refusing to leave the room when she was being examined by a doctor in the hospital, and when she was giving her statement in the police station they considerately decided to bring him into the room.
    3. She started seeing counsellors from CRISIS but stopped after one of them suggested that if she feels the need to self harm to do it where she cant see the results such as on her back...Really that was said, I was there.
    4. I have no faith that the papers would not publish mine or her mothers name which would devastate her if anyone found out, I am in constant fear of someone finding out and putting it on facebook. You know how cruel kids can be to each other.
    5. Its nearly a year on now and she has stopped self harming now and I am fairly sure that she is no longer thinking about suicide although when she has what we call her quiet periods I do wonder what she is thinking.
    Again thanks for your kind words and if you are going to Tunisia please please be careful and watch your kids/friends like a hawk.

24. MH007

MH007 Moderator Staff Member

Oh my God this is horrific! Not only what happened to your baby, they always remain out babies! But the treatment after! You should put a complaint into CRISIS! What the hell are they on!? Your poor poor daughter, after initially thinking I was unlucky there I now know I would never ever go back! Don't let this rest Angry Dad and you have all of us and our experiences behind you! Speak to Fern as she went through the same.

These men are animals!!

I wish you and your daughter all the best

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

simple, marilyna, Eddie and 1 other person like this.
  25. MH007

MH007 Moderator Staff Member

I also think that going to the press (your daughter is anonymous) may help! I went to the press about my friend and although never printed it shook the embassy enough to actually do something!

I would most definitely make a complaint to crisis!

marilyna and Alien like this.