Advice needed please, is he a rat?

Discussion in 'Online Rats' started by tasha072, May 9, 2016.

1. tasha072

tasha072 Member

i'm pretty new here and have read a lot of the stories about these "Rats" as i have been talking to a guy from Tunisia and i just wanted to know what your thoughts are about this situation please as i really do like him but i'm not about to be made a fool of either, Here goes

I'm 31 from England and he's 26, we've been talking for about 6 weeks and we talk none stop from morning till night and he's very sweet and makes me feel amazing but he also had a moody side, a couple of weeks ago he told me how his internet was going to get cut off because he hadn't paid the bill so i though ah here we go that old chestnut, so after seeing the stories on here i wanted to see if he was just after money so i offered to pay him the money but instead of accepting he got really upset that i had offered and told me it was a big disrespect for him to take money from me so i left it at that, he ended up selling his chain to pay his bill which i really didn't want him to do but his choice. this is what makes me think he could be honest but then,,,,,,
    Two days ago i actually find out he's not 26 he's really only 23 and i confronted him about this and at first he lied denying it then said he was only 25 then i questioned him again and then he was 24 then i finally got him to admit he was 23 but that took about 10 hours of conversation to finally admit this. so now i'm still 31 and he's 23 and i have said the age gap really is an issue for me because its now 8 yrs and he's replied saying how much he really likes me and wants it to work and how he sold his chain so he could have internet to be able to speak to me and and how he's really sorry he lied and to give him a chance blah blah blah. part of me wants to believe that he is not a rat but now he has lied about his age is this just the start of something bad? he's from kasserine and works in a restaurant.

Judithlyn, Amira and smiley like this.
  2. simple

simple Well-Known Member

Hi tasha ,,,To be frank he sounds like a big fat rat !! Selling the chain to pay for internet is a big rat ploy ,,,the idea is to make you feel at ease and comfortable ,to get your sympathy and to gain your trust ,,Next it will be other problems ,headaches he will have because he has nothing left to sell ...Will stop communicating for a few days ,,because he has problems he didnt want to bother you with ,This will make you anxious and worried ,,untill you offer more money ,,,,which of course he will pay back [not]....The age also is an indication ,,,,as its not accepted to have an older girlfriend/wife .But the selling of the chain is the give away !!!

3. simple

simple Well-Known Member

When your having an internet converstation ,,,why would he tell you he hasnt got enough money to pay the internet ??? He can use the internet cafes which are cheap and everywhere 4 hours for 1 dinar ,,,,[unless its gone up ,which i doubt] Tunisian men are proud by nature and would never tell a woman he needs money .In fact they must pay for everything ,a tunisian woman dosnt pay for a thing .

4. tasha072

tasha072 Member

thank you for your reply :) and selling his chain was the thing that made me believe everything he said as he often used this as an example of how he felt for me and all his sweet talk was making me feel so secure about him i would of been visiting him in september . you have just saved me from making a big mistake and for that i am greatful

Judithlyn, crystal, magic and 7 others like this.
  5. tasha072

tasha072 Member

we fell out and i stopped talking to him for a few days and when i did speak to him he said that he hadn't paid his bill that month because he had no reason too as we stopped talking so his internet would be cut off but when i heard this i found that hard to believe because if i don't pay my bill then i don't get cut off but i dont know how it works over there so i did fall for his story

6. simple

simple Well-Known Member

You saved yourself mate ,,by doing your homework ,,He is a rat and all this love bombing 24 hours a day to make sure your well and truly hooked ,,Skyping,texting etc..is to get you into the habit of talking to him,,untill you cant live without it and also to alianate you from your friends ,until you have only him ,,,Talking to him 24/7 gives no time for yourself ,,,They are clever ,but thank god you are more clever xxx

7. simple

simple Well-Known Member

Internet over there is the same as here ,difference is with the bill ,you can pay small amounts each week ,,if you want .And for a month my internet and land phone only cost me 30 to 80 dinar that £15 to £35 ,,,,depending if i made international calls to home ....Bet he told you it cost hundreds of dinar ??

Judithlyn, tasha072 and Sun rise like this.
  8. Laurence

Laurence Well-Known Member

Tasha, he's a rat, no doubt about that! No decent Tunisian would behave like this.
    Save yourself problems and cut off this "relationship" and...avoid Tunisians on the internet, it's a national sport here to fish women on the internet dear.

9. Tiger

Tiger Well-Known Member

Internet you can get now very cheep. Last offer i did see was 18 TD a month. Them you have a modem. This rat is classical. You have it all.
    - Met on internet
    - Online 24/7 talking
    - Lovebombing
    - Big/small lies from start (age)
    - Talk about not have money (even if he did not ask for it now)
    - Ask you to come and visit
    - and ofcorse the age gap is just a number ( agegap of 8 years are not accepted in Tunisia)
    Just save yourself for tears, lost money and bad days and stop wile the time is still there. And do for God´s sake not go to Tunisia now or in september. Time is not good there now and it is not safe there. Tourist places are emthy for tourists. Many hotels are closed. Your gouverment have put Tunisia on red list like most European countries also have done. The big traveling companies like Thomas Cock have cansel all trips until atum 2017!! It is a reason they do this. And you will go on your own risk without any assurance.
    It boil under the surface in Tunisia. Tunisia is a ticking bomb. Do not put yourself in risk. And that goes for bouth the Rat and the trip!!
    -

10. tasha072

tasha072 Member

thank you all for you comments and im really glad i found this site because without it i would of been blinded by his charm and would of ended up being hurt and another victim no doubt, it saddens me to know the lengths they go to to deceive honest women. but again thank you all for sharing your stories its opening up our eyes.. i will put him in the gallery too :)

11. magic

magic Well-Known Member

How refreshing ! An intelligent woman who respects our experiences .Good for you,u have saved urself so much heartache for the future .my rat is plastered all over here,but his new "victim (s)" has chosen to ignore this,and give him a "chance" ! Wen I met him I found NOTHING on him ,she knows EVERYTHING, go figure ! Good luck hun,its funny cos ur story sounded like someone I know...but that's the point..they all sound familiar, they are all the SAME

12. tasha072

tasha072 Member

i think some ppl are just ignorant to the fact that this is a behavior carried on by a lot of Tunisian men and what makes it worse is a lot of women chose to ignore the evidence and facts presented to them because they are blind sighted by the charm and the sweet words that they talk, if i had not of came across this site i would of traveled to meet him and would of been left heart broken. you tried to warn her but she clearly chose to ignore that, the heart is dumb but the brain is not.

Judithlyn, Tiger, smiley and 2 others like this.
  13. liaan

liaan Member

They always have an excuse,no home,no money ,no internet ,no phone to contact you etc...
    That's the beginning and when you give money they want more an more.
    He is a rat,

14. liaan

liaan Member

DUMP HIM,now you can.

I_fell_for_it, smiley and Tiger like this.
  15. simple

simple Well-Known Member

Hi Mindy ,,,did the two tunisians know each other before you ladies ??? Its possible she was in on the scam as well ,,,Dont put it past them ,,this has happened before and youve discovered it before he managed to get his green card ,,Is she second generation Tunisian american??How did she manage to get to the states ??

ijs likes this.
  16. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Quote Mindy: "He's telling them both that they are his love".

Soap opera on his facebook (shortened)

12243093_10201302029468802_882355851141622196_n.jpg

A: Those beautiful brown eyes belong to me.
    · November 22
    R: i Wat U mean ? eyes belong to you? UR marry yes?
    A: I'm wearing his ring yes. We aren't married yet but we have a committed Relationship to each other. As he always says. We are one. You can see I wear
    This in my most recent picture. We've been together since last spring and I visited him for three weeks last summer. I'm going back again this summer. We love each other very much. If you would like I have pictures from our time together
    R: ****** I write before for U what happen?
    R: No Hamdi is single heart emoticon
    A: Did he tell u that
    April 22
    A: He is engaged to me
    R: I not say anything is private matter smile emoticon
    R: He not marry so he single
    A: I am his girlfriend
    R: No I am
    A: For how long
    R: It is private U can ask him please
    A: I've been with him since last March
    R: I go Tunisia in summer for my Hamdi heart emoticon
    A: I will ask him about this
    R: I not care I with him now forever
    R: Dont make problem ok thank you
    A: Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    A: Believe as u wish
    R: It no funny
    A: I'll let hamdi know what you told me. He would never hurt me

ijs likes this.
  17. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

He might be in for a surprise about her house :D it´s for sale
    http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/photos/0,,20208090_20472644,00.html

13010693_204347063290024_2545860458174416510_n.jpg
    R. April 15 ·fb

My house in Brooklyn I heart emoticon

simple likes this.
  18. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Yeah, sure :D

The Prices

Fixer-uppers are available for $600,000 to $900,000 (cheap by Big Apple standards); a restored home will run you a cool million or more.

ijs and simple like this.
  19. simple

simple Well-Known Member

So she arrived in the states 10 years ago ,has a good job ,managed to buy a house ,,But cant speak good english !!This one sounds like a rat also if you ask me !!How she managed to get out of Tunisia and be able to stand on her own two feet ,,why her parents allowed her to immigrate on her own ,,,,.This very much sounds like a couple i knew about ,both Tunisian ,her parents didnt allow them to marry ,so she managed to marry a german man and moved to germany ,,,he married a german woman and moved to germany ,,,They both divorced got half of everything from their spouses ,,,,,and have a very good life with each other now.Totally planned ,scammed theses poor Germans out of everything .

magic, ijs, FoolInLove and 2 others like this.
  20. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Yeah and the work she supposedly does, don´t pay much (by US standards)

ijs likes this.
  21. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Don´t speak good english and has an american mother ? Next thing he will tell, is that the mother is mute :rolleyes:

ijs, Sun rise and mmclean38 like this.
  22. princeb

princeb Active Member

he sounds like a big fat rat @tasha072
    take care ^_^

smiley, Tiger, ijs and 2 others like this.
  23. mmclean38

mmclean38 Well-Known Member

I would think living in the states for 10 years and having an American mom...... She should be fluent in English...

24. simple

simple Well-Known Member

Maybe the house is just a random photo she found on the net ,,,If it belongs to her "american mother " ,they why did she have to renovate it and say its her house ,,,Very fishy with her and rat face ,,,I think Mindy youve caught two rats ,blown their cover .

25. Sun rise

Sun rise Well-Known Member

@mindy you are really lucky to be out of this shit! The durty rat is only enjoying the whole thing on FB. It feed his ego even more and he is not woth it!

simple and mindy like this.