Advice please, Blackmail, stalking or Stolen Identity.

Discussion in 'Online Rats' started by AmberHeart, Sep 22, 2018.

1. AmberHeart

AmberHeart Well-Known Member

Hello everybody, as some of you have read I am target of blackmail and stalking. As side effect I have been monitoring from time to time to check if the threats have come real. Haven’t found anything yet under my real name or alternative names, except that in past weeks there were less FB accounts with a name like mine and from two weeks to this day there are about six new accounts without picture, exactly like rats do with their fake accounts. So I need advice what to do and how to find out if it is an identity stolen case. Has someone been in the same situation? Thanks and hugs.

Judithlyn likes this.
  2. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Perhaps you are the only one who is banned from seeing those FBs. What are the links ?

Judithlyn and Brasilgirl like this.
  3. AmberHeart

Yes, could be. I’ll pm them to you because they are under my name. Thanks Heidi.

Judithlyn, Brasilgirl and Heidi like this.
  4. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

Who are they? Perhaps remove their pics from a site of this nature :)

5. Mango Chutney

Yeah, I've deleted the name from my quote :)

Brasilgirl, Heidi and AmberHeart like this.
  6. AmberHeart

thank you very much xxxx

Mango Chutney likes this.
  7. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

We watch out for the members here :love:

Amira, Laura2014, Judithlyn and 2 others like this.
  8. AmberHeart

love it, got a huge adrenaline shot...:D:Ninja: thank you:love::love:

Brasilgirl likes this.
  9. Mango Chutney

With this, yes....I have been a victim of it by my rat and another rat. The accounts were not left blank, they were set up with real pics of me on....it looked like the accounts were genuinely mine and my friends and family were contacted, some of them replied as they thought it was me. My real account was deactivated, so my immediate family had to write a status to tip everyone of that it wasn't me, do not reply and to report, then block....I was livid, but mostly because one of the accounts used a pic with son no#3 in too :Evil:
    With regards to stalking, I'm not sure I understand, but with the identity fraud, there is no action you can take, as Tunisia has no harassment laws. In the civilised world, you could act...but not there :rolleyes:
    I wouldn't worry about it too much....just warn your loved ones to ignore anything that comes through, as it's not you :)

Brasilgirl, Judithlyn and AmberHeart like this.
  10. Mango Chutney

I already deleted a big part of the link.

* Now I deleted the whole thing!!!! I could still open it, even with so much removed!! :eek:
    Thank God you picked up on that :love:

Brasilgirl and AmberHeart like this.
  11. AmberHeart

:eek::eek::eek:
    this is insane, whoever can come and commit fraud in your name. exposing minors should be penalized no matter the country it is from. its a hell thinking how low they can get, and i dont know how being so far he could make me feel vulnerable.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Brasilgirl and Judithlyn like this.
  12. Mango Chutney

Because you are allowing it :Cry:

In time, you will become strong enough to say "Fine, do ya best, bastard....you will not control me through fear anymore" ....you just haven't reached that point yet :)

Mine assaulted me, threatened my kids, threatened my friends, persistently tried to illegally reach my country, hacked my FB, Amazon and family bank account....all pretty frightening at the time....and very much still controlled my behaviour....but my need to warn others overpowers any fear of him.....he will NOT control me through fear or any other way again...I will NOT allow it!

I have zero fear of him now...he can't reach me, he can't reach my kids....and if his life is so boring, he has to waste it setting up fake accounts of me...then more fool him, the pathetic lowlife should go out and get a job, a life!

One day, you will get there too....your need to warn others will completely overrule your fear of this freak that can't get near you. Right now, he still manipulates and controls you....but it won't always be this way :)

13. AmberHeart

Totally agree, was feeling better with his absence and recovered sleep. Just I got aware he tried to show up again. It’s been since mid days of July we do not communicate. Again insomnia showed up and anxiety. I skip going to my office and managed everything from home office. Not going out. Indeed It is imperative to stop it (destructive behaviour) and continue my life, haven’t reach that point. Your story is one of the most terrifying, that’s why you are an inspiration here and a true model to look up. Maybe I’d had a heart attack if I were placed in your shoes. I’m not thinking objectively as usual, under pressure sense. Maybe to reach out for professional local advice would help. Yesterday I saw a thread of a girl who was scammed by a serial one, and saw her reactions so open and fierce. She identified the scam so fast. That’s a positive side of telling our stories, to avoid others fall too. These men have to know they are risking themselves too to be not only ashamed in public but to be banned from the countries the so much desire to reach. Not even spouse visa would be an option since no government wants such low morality and unskilled people. Very well said, they should start finding a decent job and a normal life instead of wanting foreign women to solve all their deficiencies in name of LOVE and GOD.

14. Mango Chutney

This was still healing time though :) During his absence, albeit brief, your strength and resolve will have improved, enabling you to deal better with him when he did make contact.

He may have knocked you back a few steps with his return, but he won't have pushed you all the way down to the bottom where you were before....you will never hit that bottom step again....you are too knowledgeable on the scam now :thumbsup:

A rat recovery is hard and takes incredible strength.....for a long while, it feels like you take two steps forwards and one step back....but that is still one step further forward.
    Recovery takes time, patience, strength, willpower and many tears....but it happens :love:
    It's possible this will stay with you. I have diagnosed PTSD, and have been taught how to live with it.
    My body clock is incredibly eratic still, but I've learned to cope on less sleep, on broken sleep...and use that time constructively, either around the house, with the kids, or supporting others here....I've stopped using those sleepless hours lost in deep thought, over analysing every moment with rat, looking for answers that will never be forthcoming and wallowing in self pity.

Try to keep those sleep deprived hours filled with another activity, so that he doesn't still completely consume you. Eventually, you will realise that you were so distracted with what you were doing....you didn't think of him....and this will also help with your anxiety levels :)
    My story is certainly extreme, but sadly....I am not alone in what I went through :Cry:
    When I first started to post here (a month or so after leaving him), I struggled so hard to find an experience like mine, and although the support here was incredible...I felt so very alone.
    Because of this, I am painfully open and honest about my experience....I figure this way, for those with experiences similar to mine...they have a member they can kinda relate to...so they need not feel alone, they need not feel embarrassed to speak out about what happened to them :)
    It's really important to remember though, that no matter what each rat did, each one of us has suffered the same scam, will suffer the same hellish recovery. No victim was better or worse off than another....they were just damaged in different ways for the same reason.
    You would probably surprise yourself with your reaction. When his focus was just on me, I just shrunk into this nothingy little ball, felt sorry for myself, tolerated all manner of shit, cried a whole lot.....but then he dragged my kids into it, and that tiny spark of my old me that was still hidden inside roared to life....I turned into a raging freakin fire!!!!! If your rat had involved your nephews....you would shock yourself with your retaliation...just as I did....I was like a woman possessed!! :D
    Yes, it's incredibly encouraging to see people becoming aware fast, getting angry so fast, exposing them so fast....you are right....it makes the telling of our own experiences so worthwhile :)

Chin up, girlie.....your fire will roar one day, and in the meantime....you got stuck with us lot here :p

Beverley, Snuggle, Judithlyn and 3 others like this.
  15. AmberHeart

Love every word said here. Thank you Mango! This is the best advice, not allowing him to occupy my time that can and must be used for important things and with my loved ones. This group is the best! Xx

Beverley, Snuggle, Judithlyn and 4 others like this.