age is just a number

naike

l didn't believe until it happened to me. He was everything l ever wanted. He found me on Instagram. A very typical story. l liked him of course. I visited him in Djerba. He was working in hotel,but took rest days while l was there. It was during Ramadan. I was very surprised,because he behaved like it was any other time of year. We spent a week together and of course l payed for everything. We went shopping,l bought him clothes and shoes and cosmetics....kind of weird feeling. But it didn't bother me much. Then l went home. This is the moment when everything begins.....begging for money. Once he needed 100 eur for doctor. Then 300 eur for rent. Another 100 eur because of "problems with the bank". And when l started asking questions he got offended. Like a child. Said how much he loves me. In August he had an accident. Asked for 1000 eur for medical treatment. I didn't send it of course. He got crazy. Writing me day and night. Calling me. I had to block him today. I feel so ashamed and so stupid. I am a lawyer ,living in Europe. A woman like me should never fall for a guy like this. But it happened. Be careful about whom you trust.

Croydon girl

l didn't believe until it happened to me. He was everything l ever wanted. He found me on Instagram. A very typical story. l liked him of course. I visited him in Djerba. He was working in hotel,but took rest days while l was there. It was during Ramadan. I was very surprised,because he behaved like it was any other time of year. We spent a week together and of course l payed for everything. We went shopping,l bought him clothes and shoes and cosmetics....kind of weird feeling. But it didn't bother me much. Then l went home. This is the moment when everything begins.....begging for money. Once he needed 100 eur for doctor. Then 300 eur for rent. Another 100 eur because of "problems with the bank". And when l started asking questions he got offended. Like a child. Said how much he loves me. In August he had an accident. Asked for 1000 eur for medical treatment. I didn't send it of course. He got crazy. Writing me day and night. Calling me. I had to block him today. I feel so ashamed and so stupid. I am a lawyer ,living in Europe. A woman like me should never fall for a guy like this. But it happened. Be careful about whom you trust.
How old was he?

Iluvumadly

Welcome to the forum! You cannot fault yourself for being a caring person, thankfully you stopped it before it could go any further. I'm sorry that this has happened to you, it's an awful experience. Good job blocking him, I'm sure it wasn't easy. Glad you're here :)

naike

Thank you for your support. It was not easy to block him,because partly this is my fault of course. But there was no other option. He was very annoying every time l asked a question he said that l don't trust him. He didn't want to let me go easy. He said that everything bad will return to me. I really don't know what to think. This site has been a great help.

Last edited:

Iluvumadly

Thank you for your support. It was not easy to block him,because partly this is my fault of course. But there was no other option. He was very annoying every time l asked a question he said that l don't trust him. He didn't want to let me go easy. He said that everything bad will return to me. I really don't know what to think. This site has been a great help.
This site was literally a God send to me! I think a lot of the attraction, at least for me, was he seemed so different, exotic, pure, handsome. He talked in a way I had never heard before..but it gets old very quickly. I see the question asked here frequently " would you accept this from a man from your own country? ". From that perspective not a chance in hell! I swear he put a spell on me lol. Can you imagine the nerve of him to suggest that you actually deserve something bad to happen to you?:confused::mad:

naike

Hello @naike ! No need to feel yourself stupid or ashaimed. If someone has no idea about the bezness how could he beware of it ? Now you know. And you have done your best already- blocked him.
This site was literally a God send to me! I think a lot of the attraction, at least for me, was he seemed so different, exotic, pure, handsome. He talked in a way I had never heard before..but it gets old very quickly. I see the question asked here frequently " would you accept this from a man from your own country? ". From that perspective not a chance in hell! I swear he put a spell on me lol. Can you imagine the nerve of him to suggest that you actually deserve something bad to happen to you?:confused::mad:
yes.....it freaks me out

Big Bang Theory

Senior Rat Expert
Nothing was your fault. We know how they lie... age is just a number... it's the person you are that's important... I can't help how I feel.... I will die without you..... Blahblahblah

They mirror you, find out about your life, your likes and dislikes and miraculously you share so many similarities - you must be made for each other....They wear you down , even cry until you start to believe them.

Never forget that he pursued you - you did not pursue him. He played on you kindness and your good heart - You bear no blame x

Laura2014

Staff member
Welcome @naike, he’s a typical rat. It wasn’t your fault, please don’t feel embarrassed. Have you searched the galley for him or put his name into the search box?

If you would like some help seeing if he’s already known pop me a PM. You will not be the first woman he conned or the last but you may be able to warn others.

naike

Nothing was your fault. We know how they lie... age is just a number... it's the person you are that's important... I can't help how I feel.... I will die without you..... Blahblahblah

They mirror you, find out about your life, your likes and dislikes and miraculously you share so many similarities - you must be made for each other....They wear you down , even cry until you start to believe them.

Never forget that he pursued you - you did not pursue him. He played on you kindness and your good heart - You bear no blame x

naike

omg....exactly the words l was hearing from him all the time....how he will die without me,how we are made for each other....but l only laught; yes he got me in the game and I really started to have feelings for him....more compassion not so much love,but l would help him further,if l didn't see this page and saw what was really happening....he once wrote me to buy him shoes- Nike of course and for his birthday l bought him Samsung Galaxy s10....it's not really money l have spent for him that bothers me so much,but the way he started to act the first time l said NO...then he started with "l know you have no money baby" and that really offended me much

naike

Welcome @naike, he’s a typical rat. It wasn’t your fault, please don’t feel embarrassed. Have you searched the galley for him or put his name into the search box?

If you would like some help seeing if he’s already known pop me a PM. You will not be the first woman he conned or the last but you may be able to warn others.

Heidi C

Welcome to the group Naike!

Don't feel ashamed or a fool. I was suckered by 2 of these Rats, Ahmed and Houssem. I know how it is to feel they sincerely care about you then they go for the kill. It's embarrassing yes, but let the shame be on them, not you. :(

naike

Welcome to the group Naike!

Don't feel ashamed or a fool. I was suckered by 2 of these Rats, Ahmed and Houssem. I know how it is to feel they sincerely care about you then they go for the kill. It's embarrassing yes, but let the shame be on them, not you. :(

Liona

Rat Expert
every time l asked a question he said that l don't trust him
This phrase is one of their common ones.:) I heard it quite regularly. They use it to twist the situation and to make you feel the blame.
He said that everything bad will return to me.
Oh, c'mon, everything bad is on its way to the rat already. Naike, you are lucky you have avoided the stories about jins and all this stuff.:D

naike

This phrase is one of their common ones.:) I heard it quite regularly. They use it to twist the situation and to make you feel the blame.

Oh, c'mon, everything bad is on its way to the rat already. Naike, you are lucky you have avoided the stories about jins and all this stuff.:D