algerians

tates

Ok they are not tunisians, but they are alongside them....so do the same rules apply. What about an algerian man living in france, has a visa, can travel to and from different places, not asking for money, when invited over to england insists the woman will not pay for a thing...is this false security or do they go on the same tunisian principle? Do the rats do the same in both countries does anyone know?

M

Mona1

Good question Tates...I would suggest caution. I don't mean believe he is a rat until proven otherwise but just the usual caution one should have with any relationship. I must admit I am a bit cynical of all relationships but maybe it is my very advanced age!!!! :eek::D

tates

ha ha ha, it is my friend, he seems very nice, he has said he will come to visit her in england, he does not seem to have a problem going to different places, been living in france with his family, has told her when she said she will pay the hotel, no a woman does not pay. she pays nothing, also offered to help her out with money, just wondering should i be worried, do they work on the same rat principle, though this one does not seem to match the profile. hhhhhhhhhhhhh....and no its not for me, only lost Hassen 11 weeks ago!

tates

No from what I can gather his entire family are there, they run a hotel as a family ( him and his 2 brothers).....his mother is the only one left in algeria, he has lived in france a long time I think....hemmmmm, the plot thickens lol

M

Mona1

No from what I can gather his entire family are there, they run a hotel as a family ( him and his 2 brothers).....his mother is the only one left in algeria, he has lived in france a long time I think....hemmmmm, the plot thickens lol
Think this might be a difficult one to call and it might just need time to watch and wait. I think caution is the watchword but not paranoia, if that makes sense.

Mystery

Inactive
I know many algerian rats, they have the same mentality as Tunisian rats and I know them personally. For a algerian to say he would pay for every thing sounds authentic , a good algerian would not allow a woman to pay for anything.
A lot stricter country than they neighbours Tunisian rats. But a rat is a rat in any country if he asks for money clothes then run. He is Mr Rat for sure. He will put his family before any wife they come first. If you can't have kids he won't marry you unless he only wants a visa. They mostly marry they family cousins normally.
But hey there could be a real man out there somewhere. I haven't found one yet..

Amira

Rat Expert
They are everywhere. Who wants something about them to do nobody I do not think either as friends or boyfriends they only think of money even think they can trick their own. It's dangerous to have something with them to do because you do not know where you have them believe in your stomach feeling, you have a bad feeling about some distance away

Heidi

Inactive
Algerian Love Rats :Evil:

U.S. Embassy in Algeria

Many Algerians befriend American citizens through Internet dating and social networking sites and these relationships may lead to engagement and marriage. While some of these marriages are successful, the U.S. Embassy in Algiers warns against marriage scams. It is not uncommon for foreign nationals to enter into marriages with Americans solely for immigration or financial purposes. Relationships developed via correspondence, particularly those begun on the Internet, are especially susceptible to manipulation. Often, the marriages end in divorce in the United States when the foreign national acquires legal permanent residence (“green card”) or U.S. citizenship. In some cases, the new American or permanent resident then remarries a wife he divorced before, around the same time as entering into a relationship with a sponsoring American citizen.

The U.S. Embassy has seen several cases in which American citizens are lured to Algeria and are then held against their will in abusive situations. American citizens who do not speak the local languages and are dependent solely on the one Algerian national are especially vulnerable. Sometimes the American citizen is able to escape only with police / Embassy intervention. American citizens in this situation have often found that their personal and financial information is hacked. As an American citizen, you need to be responsible for ensuring you are in legal status in Algeria and not rely on someone promising to take care of it for you. The Algerian national may try to threaten to have you arrested/deported if you do not follow his commands.

Some of the signs that an Internet contact may be developing a relationship with an American in order to obtain an immigrant visa through marriage, or financial gain/identity theft are:

• Initial contact through unsolicited requests via Skype, Facebook, on-line gaming, or other means
  • The person uses on-line dating sites to meet other foreign nationals
  • Lack of real shared interests – i.e. the person on the other end parrots back whatever the American mentions
  • Requests for relationships between a young Algerian man and a much older American woman. (In the Algerian cultural context it is extremely unusual for an Algerian man to have a legitimate relationship with a woman even slightly older – and especially unusual to have a first-time relationship with someone beyond child bearing age.)
  • Declarations of love within days or weeks of the initial contact
  • Proposals or discussions of marriage soon after initial contact
  • Requests to send money or provide access to financial accounts
  • Responses to messages from the American friend are along the lines “I love you/Sorry I missed your call,” or similarly one-sided conversations
  • Request to get married in Tunisia with a single witness because “it’s easier to get married quickly there.” Note that weddings in Algeria are major social occasions, and it is extremely unusual for large numbers of family and friends not to be present at the wedding
  • Once engaged, married, or an immigrant visa petition is filed, suddenly starts missing scheduled appointments to chat or call
While chat rooms, dating and social networking sites are great ways to make friends across international borders, the U.S. government urges Americans who meet foreign nationals on the Internet to take the time necessary to get to know them well before considering marriage. Entering into a marriage contract for the principal purpose of facilitating immigration to the United States for an alien is against U.S. law and can result in serious penalties, including fines and imprisonment for the American citizen and the foreign national involved.

https://dz.usembassy.gov/u-s-citize...u-s-citizens/internet-romance-marriage-fraud/

Mango Chutney

Staff member
Often, the marriages end in divorce in the United States when the foreign national acquires legal permanent residence (“green card”) or U.S. citizenship. In some cases, the new American or permanent resident then remarries a wife he divorced before, around the same time as entering into a relationship with a sponsoring American citizen.
I am confused with these two things:

So a GC, does that just give you permanent stay, but you still keep your nationality?
Is this the option for rats that will return to Tunisia/Algeria for the 'virgin' once enough money has been saved?
Can a rat with just a GC sponsor his real wife to come over, or does he has to obtain citizenship?

And with U.S citizenship, does this mean that you give up your birth nationality, go all out American....and mean that you can then sponsor the 'virgin' wife to come over and join you after ex amount of years?

How long does it take to acquire a GC? And how long for citizenship?
Request to get married in Tunisia with a single witness because “it’s easier to get married quickly there.”
This paragraph highlights just how strongly Tunisia promotes and supports these bezness marriages, even with rats from different North African countries.....shame on them!!
I always knew Tunisia was full of Algerians, including many bezness boys, especially in the hotels (as guests)....but I did not realise that Tunisia provided such ease in which to carry out the scam. That is so bad!

Last edited:

Brasilgirl

Senior Rat Expert
I am confused with these two things:

So a GC, does that just give you permanent stay, but you still keep your nationality?
Is this the option for rats that will return to Tunisia/Algeria for the 'virgin' once enough money has been saved?
Can a rat with just a GC sponsor his real wife to come over, or does he has to obtain citizenship?

And with U.S citizenship, does this mean that you give up your birth nationality, go all out American....and mean that you can then sponsor the 'virgin' wife to come over and join you after ex amount of years?

How long does it take to acquire a GC? And how long for citizenship?

This paragraph highlights just how strongly Tunisia promotes and supports these bezness marriages, even with rats from different North African countries.....shame on them!!
I always knew Tunisia was full of Algerians, including many bezness boys, especially in the hotels (as guests)....but I did not realise that Tunisia provided such ease in which to carry out the scam. That is so bad!
I beleive they always keep their nationality. I know several people who are both US and Canadian dual citizens.
The rats not only need to save enough money in the US or Canada, they have to be able to show they can support their tunisian wife in order to bring her over. I think that’s why many go back to Tunisia. It’s too hard for them to be the sponsor when they haven’t an education and reasonable paying job.

Last edited:

Mango Chutney

Staff member
I beleive they always keep their nationality. I know several people who are both US and Canadian dual citizens.
Ah, I see :)
Even as dual nationality, can they still bring the real wife over then, if their earnings are adequate?
My cousins husband gave up his Egyptian nationality and took on British, due to complications.
I think once they realize the investment of time in a new world, and all the demands of hard work, they just cash out on what they have. Either they have milked the system, scored funds by marriage or theft, or saved a little money from work, but yeah, they will get tired and go home again. It's really a waste of time... they're not going to put permanent roots down outside their home country. I'm sure some of them do, but they have to have a strong mind, strong disposition, and really be committed to starting again. The wish-washy ones won't make it on their own.
Yup, ultimately, they all return to the hell they betrayed for greed and deluded fantasies :rolleyes:

Brasilgirl

Senior Rat Expert
Ah, I see :)
Even as dual nationality, can they still bring the real wife over then, if their earnings are adequate?
My cousins husband gave up his Egyptian nationality and took on British, due to complications.

Yup, ultimately, they all return to the hell they betrayed for greed and deluded fantasies :rolleyes:
Yup. When I travel to Canada I have to use my canadain passport. When I travel to Brasil, I need to enter using my Brazilian passport. So I expect it is the same for the others. I’m not sure about the US and Tunisia tho. They may have different rules for different countries. But they still can’t bring their wife over if they can’t prove they can support her with legal income. Ratting income won’t count because I doubt they claim it as a taxible Income.

Brasilgirl

Senior Rat Expert
Yup. When I travel to Canada I have to use my canadain passport. When I travel to Brasil, I need to enter using my Brazilian passport. So I expect it is the same for the others. I’m not sure about the US and Tunisia tho. They may have different rules for different countries. But they still can’t bring their wife over if they can’t prove they can support her with legal income. Ratting income won’t count because I doubt they claim it as a taxible Income.
Oh, and I don’t think they can sponsor their wife if they are still being sponsored by their victim.

Epiphany

Junior Rat Expert
I think once they realize the investment of time in a new world, and all the demands of hard work, they just cash out on what they have. Either they have milked the system, scored funds by marriage or theft, or saved a little money from work, but yeah, they will get tired and go home again. It's really a waste of time... they're not going to put permanent roots down outside their home country. I'm sure some of them do, but they have to have a strong mind, strong disposition, and really be committed to starting again. The wish-washy ones won't make it on their own.
I don't know what will get through to these people that our countries are not butterflies and rainbows.
Worse that they go back to their countries having everyone believing that it is.

Mango Chutney

Staff member
I don't know what will get through to these people that our countries are not butterflies and rainbows.
Worse that they go back to their countries having everyone believing that it is.
Yup......pisses the living crap outta me! :Evil:

They come over here, take photos of OTHER PEOPLE'S fancy cars and houses, take selfies near every famous monument, visit Tunisia with bags full of tacky Poundland shit, pretend they are some big management superhero....and lie through their teeth about their wonderful existence.....and it's all crap!
All crap and bullshit that ensures the next generation have the same deluded beliefs about the millionaire Western lifestyle, that they feel THEY should be entitled to for zero effort.....and bezness will continue.

A life full of lies to save face :rolleyes:

The dicks would be better off looking within themselves for loyalty, pride, morals, a decent work ethic.....and build up their third world flea pit instead :Evil:

Brasilgirl

Senior Rat Expert

They come over here, take photos of OTHER PEOPLE'S fancy cars and houses, take selfies near every famous monument, visit Tunisia with bags full of tacky Poundland shit, pretend they are some big management superhero....and lie through their teeth about their wonderful existence.....and it's all crap!
All crap and bullshit that ensures the next generation have the same deluded beliefs about the millionaire Western lifestyle, that they feel THEY should be entitled to for zero effort.....and bezness will continue.

The dicks would be better off looking within themselves for loyalty, pride, morals, a decent work ethic.....and build up their third world flea pit instead :Evil:
True. They don’t want anyone to think they didn’t make it big in the western world.

Epiphany

Junior Rat Expert

Exactly. I'm sorry but taking selfies in front of a false background doesn't equal an honest life. Nor does sitting around in a coffee shop comparing notes, giving high fives to one another, patting each other on the back on a good job done for snagging another victim.
Their life is useless, redundant. They are miserable, and misery loves company.

We all need education and work to get anywhere in life. Nobody here gets handed things on a silver platter. So why should we give any of our hard earnings to the likes of them. They are entitled to nothing, they are lucky their asses receive anything at all.
I do weep for the future generations of them. It will be a vicious never ending cycle.

Epiphany

Junior Rat Expert
There's always someone else or something else to blame. The men don't want to participate in fixing those issues, they barely want to vote.
That's right it's never their fault for anything. It's always cry me a river or woe is me etc..ok then, they can continue to live in there ancient times and with their deranged mentalities, but leave us out of it then.

Epiphany

Junior Rat Expert
Again, glad it's not my country and situation to fix. But, I'm sure there are a few trailblazers and independent kinds to plow through and do the work of the 80% who won't. I've met a few of those kinds of Tunisians. They're outnumbered but pretty cool.
Yeah, if only that 80% would get up off their lazy asses and make a go at it!

Epiphany

Junior Rat Expert
Yeah, it was draining and heartbreaking. You end up spending a lot of time trying to fix something that doesn't want to be fixed - plus with a rat, they just scurry away towards entertainment, lusting after young girls, or other European women. The Tunisian women have a lot of challenges, and I don't envy them. Of course, they're terrible people if they support and agree with bezness. Regardless, I learned a lot and am very glad to be alive and home. I'm thankful for TLR. This place really informed me and helped me make the right decisions to extricate myself from an impossible situation.
Not an ideal life for someone who just wants love. Who would of thought that these men would be such animals bent on destroying others.

You are right, I don't envy Tunisian women and their life ahead of them once they marry these rats, but their part in condoning bezness leaves me with very little sympathy for them.

Happy that you made it here. TLR is a life saver. Thank God for the links that led us here and to one another.
No one in my life knows about the mistake I would have made had I stayed with this rat. I am too embarrassed to share. It's just easier to come here. :)

Epiphany

Junior Rat Expert
Yeah, I understand it 100%. Thank goodness my friends knew me well beforehand -- they know my intentions and how I handle stuff. My family was the biggest support. So, it was moping a little around when I got back, but I'm back into life. Though, still struggling to tie up the loose ends of this marriage.
You've been through a lot so having that extra support is always a plus.
You will make it to the end of that chapter of your life so hang in there.

Epiphany

Junior Rat Expert
I'm already tired of reading this chapter. It wasn't good on any level. It was like forced reading and it was a situation I would NEVER have ever gotten involved with under any circumstances. The whole thing was awful. I mean, I guess if my rat had been a real person, maybe strong character, a good guy, and we had worked well together, that would have been ideal. But, from the minute I got to Tunisia I was flung into a nightmare of crisis after crisis, and couldn't distinguish who he was - or what his natural personality was at all. I got 500 versions of 1 Tunisian. The last version was the radical Islam version. So, yeah... he still blames me and is angry, but I got a terrible marriage with him. It was awful, all around.
It's horrible when you think you know someone and to find out that you never really knew them at all, or as you said so many versions of him.
Of course you wouldn't have gotten involved with such a person, none of us would have, but their camouflage is good. Fortunately it can only last for so long and then it wears off.

In the end, you are here, he is not, and I know that when you have your way he will never set foot out of Tunisia.