Another Shooting!

Discussion in 'Tunisian News & Current Events' started by MH007, Jun 26, 2015.

1. BrownGirl

BrownGirl Moderator And Queen of Summaries Staff Member

How about Catholic priest abusing children for years and years, Jimmy Saville? Who said you can't use the term Christmas? The Sun? Don't believe everything you read there

Fabrizio likes this.
  2. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Yeah :Evil:

3. Katie1971

Katie1971 Well-Known Member

Don't assume anything about me, are you an IS sympathiser?

4. BrownGirl

I'll not even dignify that with a response.

5. BrownGirl

6. whineandcheese

whineandcheese New Member

No, just like radicalized Christian groups (and radicalized groups of any kind, radicalized being the key word), some factions of 'Muslims' are doing a fine job of this all on their own. We need to see an outcry from these types of groups/organizations that says #NotInOurName Clearly separate yourself from this nonsense. It's time to rise up and speak against the evils some do in the name of others. And yes, it's quite important to note roots of radicalized groups, we do the same here in the US with local radicalized factions.
    ISIL is a complex group, there are multiple reasons nations have failed at cutting it of at its head, as a terrorist group, it is quite unique and dynamic (source: graduate degree that had a focus in local and foreign terrorists/radical groups).

7. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

cant-wait-until-x4xtrh.jpg

I tell you one thing, when I´m on my cruise in about two weeks, you´ll not find me sightseeing in Bodrum

spartacus, simple and FoolInLove like this.
  8. Wicker

Wicker Well-Known Member

GERMANY - Munich police are using the term "suspected terrorism" in connection with the shooting at a city mall. It seems to be there are still three armed men on the run. They are now talking about three dead people, but probably more.

9. spartacus

spartacus Well-Known Member

:eek::eek:

10. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

11. FoolInLove

FoolInLove Well-Known Member

12. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

13. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Publication: 31/08/2016 09h55 CEST

A 16 year old was killed on the night of Tuesday to Wednesday in clashes between security forces and terrorist group in the city El Karma in Kasserine reports the Interior Ministry.

Following information from a local resident, reporting a suspicious group living in the neighborhood, the National Rapid Response Brigade conducted a raid around 3am.

Several shots burst and the armed group composed of 3 members, two actively wanted terrorists, and cut into 3 different houses reported the radio Mosaique FM.

According to the corresponding regional radio, the teenager was hit following a premeditated act of a terrorist shooting at the residents, came to support the security forces.

According to the statement of the Interior Ministry, several weapons and explosives were seized.

The search operation continues.

http://www.huffpostmaghreb.com/2016/08/31/kasserine-terrorisme_n_11790246.html

FoolInLove likes this.
  14. Fabrizio

Fabrizio New Member

Tunisian Police and Army are doing well, that's the words

Big Bang Theory likes this.
  15. Lovelylondon

Lovelylondon Well-Known Member

Just seen on France 24 an attack in southern Tunisia, I policeman killed and 3 others wounded, they think by daesh militants.

16. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Africa

Deadly attack on security forces in southern Tunisia

Latest update : 2017-03-12

Four attackers on motorcycle attacked on Sunday a security checkpoint in the southern Tunisian city of Kebili, killing one guard, according to the country’s interior ministry. Two attackers were killed in the ensuing shootout.
    Tunisian authorities said the attack took place early Sunday at around 00.40 local time.

“There was a terrorist attack on a checkpoint just outside Kebili. Four alleged terrorists on two motorcycles that were armed with explosives arrived on the scene. They killed one of the security agents. There were only three of them present manning the checkpoint,” Sarah Souli, a freelance journalist in Tunis, told FRANCE 24.

Two attackers out of four were then killed by security forces. A third attacker was wounded and is now in hospital. The fourth one managed to escape, according to Tunisian authorities.

Since its 2011 revolution, Tunisia has experienced an increase in jihadist attacks that have cost the lives of dozens of members of the security forces and also 59 foreign tourists.

The country has been under a state of emergency since November 2015, when a suicide bombing in Tunis claimed by the Islamic State jihadist group killed 12 presidential guards.

(FRANCE 24 with AFP)

Mango Chutney and Lovelylondon like this.
  17. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

Yes and in an urban area this time. Apparently two terrorists killed but at least one got away. Tragic for young policeman. Just demonstrates that it's a very unpredictable place.

Lovelylondon likes this.
  18. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

These things are happening there daily now, I follow all their news channels, they are just completely riddled with returning IS fighters. I truly don't see how Tunisia can pick itself up out of this God awful mess. It's very sad :(

spartacus and Lovelylondon like this.
  19. Laura2014

Policemen seem to be sitting ducks. How can they possibly know who is who when they are stopping vehicles at check points. No wonder recruitment to police is so poor. Another young 25 year old killed. It's endless and agree with you @Mango Chutney I just don't know how they stop this without a major shift in employment policy and outside (foreign) help.

spartacus and Mango Chutney like this.
  20. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

The police get no respect at all, they are mocked by the youth. It's a very brave man or woman in Tunisia now that chooses a career in the police force. As you say, there's just no knowing who is in the car when you do your job and pull it over. Twenty five years old...it's just heartbreaking.

spartacus likes this.
  21. Lovelylondon

Lovelylondon Well-Known Member

Gosh, I didn't know incidents like this are happening a lot there! I only see it when its comes on our news channels or France 24, and all they seem to talk about is blooming brexit!

22. Laura2014

It's a regular occurrence, sadly it was four Tunisians who perpetrated this recent act. So Tunisians killing Tunisians. If they do this to their own then Tourists can't possibly be safe. I'm amazed so many tourists from other countries are still going there.

23. Laura2014

There is a much wider picture of Isis trying to take control of border areas to widen their control. It's a hotbed of political unrest in that region.

Lovelylondon likes this.