Anouar Ben khalifa

Judithlyn

Are you sure ;)

How to Lie Like a Southerner

Telling exaggerated stories isn’t just fun—it’s part of Southern heritage.

The Bold-Faced Liars’ Showdown in Laurinburg, North Carolina, brings together ambitious liars willing to put their storytelling chops to the test. It’s just one of the handful of bona fide lying festivals across the South—see also the Texas State Liars Contest in November and the Mountain Mack Liar’s Contest each spring in Virginia.
Haha....I have never heard of this in my life! You always find something new to teach me!;)

Going for the limit

Well no not really because we are are talking about does and donts. Lies and bezness isn't on your comment .
So if we look at it that way it isn't much different .
It's still conforming to an ideology so not to piss people off and live how they see fit and not how as an individual does

Free at last

Welcome to the South! They do not mean it badly. They look at you and talk about you because they care! Take it compassionately and meant as kindness. Smaller towns don’t have much action. When a new person arrives, they usually are treated like celebrities! The South is very friendly too. We speak to everybody even though we probably don’t know 75% of them. Just smile, say hi, and keep walking. The “thaw” will melt and you will be accepted. Southern culture is different, but truly warm and friendly. Don’t forget that it is in the “Bible Belt” meaning don’t talk politics, about abortion, or any of the sensitive hot topics! It’s best to just stay completely neutral on all of those subjects! Welcome to the South....even though I’ve been away from there for 25 years!
Was thinking about when I go back to the UK. I was covered before coming here and although Islam is still my religion I have taken off my hijab. I need to find myself again.

The people here are great. Very curious as to what brought me here. And they LOVE my accent. I've made a couple of good friends and could easily settle here if needed. But Stephen is coming to the UK that's the plan anyways.

Why did nobody tell me how good chicken biscuits are??!!

Judithlyn

Was thinking about when I go back to the UK. I was covered before coming here and although Islam is still my religion I have taken off my hijab. I need to find myself again.

The people here are great. Very curious as to what brought me here. And they LOVE my accent. I've made a couple of good friends and could easily settle here if needed. But Stephen is coming to the UK that's the plan anyways.

Why did nobody tell me how good chicken biscuits are??!!
You are making my mouth water! Try Southern hot apple pie with vanilla ice cream on top!!! :thumbsup:

Bostons

Forgot to say.....I love the states. Have never wanted to come here but Stephen changed that. North Carolina is Soo beautiful. We laugh so much at each other's accents and the difference between the states and "my tiny island" pmsl. But for me the best part has been the closeness, I had forgotten what it was like to be loved, cared for. He tells me every day that I'm beautiful and that he loves me. He holds doors open for me and holds my hand when we are out......the small things are the best
Welcome to the United States! I am so happy to hear this story of you leaving your RAT! Enjoy the Carolinas! They are beautiful!

Bostons

Marmite
A black, gooey spread, almost a form of yeast extract, allthough far superior, produced by the allmighty Bestfoods corporation(, the only true Marmite being made in England; you really can't eat that shit from sanitarium, I mean the name alone can make you hurl. UUugh). and made, as many will tell you, from second hand brewers yeast. (yum-yum.) THAT is the true reason beer was invented, it was a part of the divine plan to bring the pleasure of Marmite, or Ambrosia, to the world of men.
The term is interchangable with Ambrosia, for it is indeed the food of the gods, though this is little known.
This delectable spread is eaten by some with honey or peanut butter, but the classic recipe is fresh white toast, spread with butter, which must melt swiftly so the Marmite can immediately be administered and then quickly devoured, in time to prepare the other slices of toast before they go cold.
of course, some mortals cannot stand the euphoria that comes with eating this food and say that it is the most revolting thing imaginable, to cover their inability to comprehend such divine fare, and so the human race will forever be divided between the "lovers" and the "haters".

I'm sorry... that just sounds disgusting! LOL!

Top Bottom