Anyone familiar with this Gentleman?

USAGirl777

Banned
Hi. I am new here. I met a Tunisian man on a site called Muslima. I have read through this site and checked to see if I could find anything on him. He seems nice, educated and comes from a good family. I read through the site read many if the stories here. I made ir clear that I would not sponsor anyone to come to the US or support any man. He said he was not looking for this. Ok that is fine. I will retire in 1O years and would consider living overseas one day. He was ok with that. So far so good. I am 48 but look 10 to 15 years younger. He is in his mid 30's. I got all if the background info I could on him. He works for a travel agent. He said he worked at the Mirhaba hotel has a Manager and another import Company. He has a facebook but I am not on facebook so I cannot view his business there. I only saw his profile. He has traveled to Bulgaria and several other places in Europe he said just as a tourist. He says he is from El Kef. He works in Annaba I believe. I will post a pic. I have not found anything neg as yet so I do not want to.post his name. If anyone recognize him please feel free to let me know.

USAGirl777

Banned
Lol...why is that? Kinda falls in line with your predictions I guess. But I am here and want to know. I was wondering if the pic posted? I am on my cell and do not see it???

MacCoinneach

Hi. I am new here. I met a Tunisian man on a dating site called Muslima. I have read through this site and checked to see if I could find anything on him. He seems nice, educated and comes from a good family. I read through the site read many if the stories here. I made ir clear that I would not sponsor anyone to come to the US or support any man. He said he was not looking for this. Ok that is fine. I will retire in 1O years and would consider living overseas one day. He was ok with that. So far so good. I am 48 but look 10 to 15 years younger. He is in his mid 30's. I got all if the background info I could on him. He works for a travel agent. He said he worked at the Mirhaba hotel has a Manager and another import Company. He has a facebook but I am not on facebook so I cannot view his business there. I only saw his profile. He has traveled to Bulgaria and several other places in Europe he said just as a tourist. He says he is from El Kef. He works in Annaba I believe. I will post a pic. I have not found anything neg as yet so I do not want to.post his name. If anyone recognize him please feel free to let me know.
Hate to say it but your story sounds far too familiar. Maybe you've not seen his name come up here (which actually doesn't mean much), but have you read other people's experiences and stories? Nearly everything you have said about him falls in line with the typical components of a rat/you (potentially) being the victim of a rat - I shouldn't think you need them pointing out - they'll be incredibly obvious once you read more on the site.

Sorry to be so blunt but you're obviously here for a reason and it's surely better you know what's what? Not trying to burst your bubble but I really would rather you are equipped with all the info to make an informed decision about this 'relationship'.

Take care.

Blue

I always chuckle when ladies post but I look younger, rats dont care how u look and will say anything. And making a facebook and checking out his info is too easy or getting someone else to get it. Are you two talking about living in tunisia if u marry because muslima is a muslim dating site (obviously) and in Islam there is no dating... u marry for religious piety, money, or beauty
One of the key factors in building a good marriage is, of course, the selection of the right person with whom to spend the rest of your life. Here again, Islam provides guidance. The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) said:

"Some people marry for beauty, others for rank, and others for wealth; but you should marry a good and pious woman."

.... but love doesn't come into the equation..you are supposed to marry to fulfill half of your religion( your deen) through marriage now with that being said you will be retiring in 10 years thus 58 and he will be mid forties. Will he wait 10 yrs to marry or will u marry right away? Will you transfer there till retirement how will you maintain a relationship apart for 10 years with a younger man and what about sex? you need to ask yourself these questions. There is also cultural differences and what someone expects out of the relationship. I suggest not just seeing if he is rat or true but looking into what it would entail for you to have a relationship with this "gentleman"

Laurence

Welcome here USAGirl!
So this "gentleman" is working in Annaba, Algeria. But is Tunisian if I understood it well.
Please don't have any illusions about muslim men on muslim dating sites...they only use religion to hook a naive foreign woman up! Their ultimate goal is going to live abroad...as he will do if you continue this "Relationship"!
You might be a muslima yourself a thousand times, look as a sharpei, all he wants is a visa, even if he lies very well about that now.
USA citizens are famous here for being marriable very quickly...and as Europe is closing more and more its borders, the USA is a good alternative!
A genuine tunisian muslim will ALWAYS ask his mother/sisters/aunts to look out for a suitable local bride for him!

Laurence

Yes TS, ALL older victims look so much younger than their real age!!!! This is the first rat line that is instilled in their heads...
Indeed, after some time with rats and rattery, this line becomes sooooo common...
USAGirl, Tunisian men want children (especially religious ones) and they want them with a very much younger woman, that they can "format" according to their wishes...

USAGirl777

Banned
Welcome here USAGirl!
So this "gentleman" is working in Annaba, Algeria. But is Tunisian if I understood it well.
Please don't have any illusions about muslim men on muslim dating sites...they only use religion to hook a naive foreign woman up! Their ultimate goal is going to live abroad...as he will do if you continue this "Relationship"!
You might be a muslima yourself a thousand times, look as a sharpei, all he wants is a visa, even if he lies very well about that now.
USA citizens are famous here for being marriable very quickly...and as Europe is closing more and more its borders, the USA is a good alternative!
A genuine tunisian muslim will ALWAYS ask his mother/sisters/aunts to look out for a suitable local bride for him!

Hello! Sorry got put the wrong location. I meant Ariana. I am very familiar with islam and muslim/Culture and men. I was married to one before from which I have a adult son. He passed away of cancer. I have traveled the world and my Grandfather was.....North African who married my grandma who was American and they where married over 50 years until they both passed away. I have lived in Egypt as well. With all that said I am still an American. Yes I am just as open to being deceived as anyone else I guess. I did speak to many men who wanted to marry so they can leave their country. Happens all the time nothing new. I am just not that foolish I guess to entertain them. Some of them blab it out right away in conversations. I guess they cannot help themselves. I made it clear that I will not bring anyone here nor am I stupid enough to provide financial support to a man when a man can support me. That is what I tell them. I am not looking for that though as I have a good job. In some of my travels I have seen women from Europe on the prowl for younger Exotic guys. Seen it when I was in the South Pacific. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. This Scenario here with the Tunisian/European women is a hot mess honestly. No matter what the Religion or Culture all women I believe are open to being hurt. So I am looking out for my own best interest like anyone else. I just want to see what I can find. Yes many find brides from their countries they can be controlled more easily than us western rebellious women ;-). I have some female cousins in North Africa.

Thanks for the Advice!

USAGirl777

Banned
Well I look at least 15 years younger than 60 :D
Welcome here USAGirl!

Hmmm..... I wonder what is genuine in today's world??? Yes maybe. People do what is easy and convenient not what is always suitable. I think if I cannot give him what he wants he will move on maybe. We will see how long he sticks around. He was given the facts. I will visit Tunis maybe this years end or January coming year. If we meet we meet if we don't we don't. I need a nice vacation. I know the situation with the elections there and the recent bombing is kind of a sore spot but we will see. I hope to visit. So let's see.
Thanks! Nice to meet everyone.

USAGirl777

Banned
I always chuckle when ladies post but I look younger, rats dont care how u look and will say anything. And making a facebook and checking out his info is too easy or getting someone else to get it. Are you two talking about living in tunisia if u marry because muslima is a muslim dating site (obviously) and in Islam there is no dating... u marry for religious piety, money, or beauty
One of the key factors in building a good marriage is, of course, the selection of the right person with whom to spend the rest of your life. Here again, Islam provides guidance. The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) said:

"Some people marry for beauty, others for rank, and others for wealth; but you should marry a good and pious woman."

.... but love doesn't come into the equation..you are supposed to marry to fulfill half of your religion( your deen) through marriage now with that being said you will be retiring in 10 years thus 58 and he will be mid forties. Will he wait 10 yrs to marry or will u marry right away? Will you transfer there till retirement how will you maintain a relationship apart for 10 years with a younger man and what about sex? you need to ask yourself these questions. There is also cultural differences and what someone expects out of the relationship. I suggest not just seeing if he is rat or true but looking into what it would entail for you to have a relationship with this "gentleman"

" because muslima is a muslim dating site (obviously) and in Islam there is no dating"

Yes right, in Islam there is no dating but many do and have sex also. Welcome to the real world folks. People say one thing but believe me they do differently. I have dated "muslim men", married one and an familiar with much of their expectations. My Grandfather was from that culture. I just never had experience with a "Tunisian" in his country. Came across the site and wanted to see what I could find.

"One of the key factors in building a good marriage is, of course, the selection of the right person with whom to spend the rest of your life. Here again, Islam provides guidance. The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) said:

This is very true but we are humans.

Thank you for the input.

USAGirl777

Banned
Yes TS, ALL older victims look so much younger than their real age!!!! This is the first rat line that is instilled in their heads...
Indeed, after some time with rats and rattery, this line becomes sooooo common...
USAGirl, Tunisian men want children (especially religious ones) and they want them with a very much younger woman, that they can "format" according to their wishes...
Yes true.....flattery will get you everywhere.

USAGirl777

Banned
Hate to say it but your story sounds far too familiar. Maybe you've not seen his name come up here (which actually doesn't mean much), but have you read other people's experiences and stories? Nearly everything you have said about him falls in line with the typical components of a rat/you (potentially) being the victim of a rat - I shouldn't think you need them pointing out - they'll be incredibly obvious once you read more on the site.

Sorry to be so blunt but you're obviously here for a reason and it's surely better you know what's what? Not trying to burst your bubble but I really would rather you are equipped with all the info to make an informed decision about this 'relationship'.

Take care.
"but I really would rather you are equipped with all the info to make an informed decision about this 'relationship'. "

Thank you. Good Advice.

simple

Hi USA girl ,,,if you retire to Tunisia ,will you buy your own property As you know you cannot live as a couple ,out of marriage .You will also know, marriage to an older woman is not really accepted ,in their culture.And you must know that all Arab men want children .How can you take this one seriously.You have nothing to give him ,other than visa and maybe a house for his family to occupy !All of this is fact and im surprised for someone aware of Arab culture ,still believing a younger man would shun his traditions and beliefs for a older western woman .

USAGirl777

Banned
Hi USA girl ,,,if you retire to Tunisia ,will you buy your own property As you know you cannot live as a couple ,out of marriage .You will also know, marriage to an older woman is not really accepted ,in their culture.And you must know that all Arab men want children .How can you take this one seriously.You have nothing to give him ,other than visa and maybe a house for his family to occupy !All of this is fact and im surprised for someone aware of Arab culture ,still believing a younger man would shun his traditions and beliefs for a older western woman .

Well yes there is cultural taboos but some Arab men live out of tradition. I can still have kids by the way. I don't know if I am totally closed to the idea. My two sons are 14 years apart. I have lived in North Africa and had no problem. I got away with somethings when I was there their women would not get away with . Had a great time. He will not get a visa from me. I will live abroad. That is my goal.

simple

Well yes there is cultural taboos but some Arab men live out of tradition. I can still have kids by the way. I don't know if I am totally closed to the idea. My two sons are 14 years apart. I have lived in North Africa and had no problem. I got away with somethings when I was there their women would not get away with . Had a great time. He will not get a visa from me. I will live abroad. That is my goal.
Good Tunisians do not live out of traditions .The ones who marry western women ,treat them how they would treat a Tunisian woman ,they inform ,educate and guide her to their way of life ,,,,they do not become western.They always keep their identity as Tunisian.Living in North Africa as a tourist ,is far removed from living there as a wife .Its the 21st century ,but in Tunisia its still the dark ages.Regardless how modern he says he and his family are ,Tunisia its self ,will not allow them to progress.

USAGirl777

Banned
Good Tunisians do not live out of traditions .The ones who marry western women ,treat them how they would treat a Tunisian woman ,they inform ,educate and guide her to their way of life ,,,,they do not become western.They always keep their identity as Tunisian.Living in North Africa as a tourist ,is far removed from living there as a wife .Its the 21st century ,but in Tunisia its still the dark ages.Regardless how modern he says he and his family are ,Tunisia its self ,will not allow them to progress.

I am sure that they are a warm and welcoming people that try to stick to tradition but the younger generations have already begun to assimilate. Good for those that do. The world is changing and people change with it. As long as they allow westerners in their country and depend on their revenue to fuel their economy their cultural values will see change and conflict

Top Bottom