are there any genuine ones??!

Jasmine17

Hiya all....

After being in quite a long and very serious relationship I still don't know if it's possible to find a genuine good Tunisian man who's with a western girl? I've been hurt in the past by a Tunisian. And swore I would never ever get involved again with a Tunisian. However inevitably I broke my own rule and ended up getting caught up in another long distance relationship with another Tunisian. He is lovely and on the whole doesn't even seem Tunisian! I can't help having doubts cos of past experiences. He literally treats me like a princess I can't stress that enough. I have not spent a penny on him apart from his birthday present. He regularly sends me gifts, most recently being some gorgeous gold jewellery. He is so so adoring and talks to me literally 24/7, he is obsessed it seems with me. There's nothing that he does that makes me think hmmmmm he's a rat. All he wants to do is make me happy. If I tell him to do something he will do it. I do treat him bad sometimes, cos I have stress at work or health problems etc and I just go crazy at him but he stays by my side makes me smile and supports me. He's gone against some family traditions to keep me happy, he's upset family members at times when he's put my feelings before theirs. Could he actually really be genuine? He seems to be but I can't help having doubts cos of previous rats and the whole concept of Tunisian and western love. I have a degree education, money, a good job, a nice house, good car etc etc, same age as him, no children etc I know I'm on paper as being everything a rat would want! Am I being paranoid! And yes I am very direct with him and I've told him all my concerns and I've made it plain he's not getting a penny and he's not getting a visa etc! I do give him such a hard time and can be quite hurtful to him but he stays and puts up with me! Could he genuinely love me?!

ijs

He doesn't sound like a Rat. Have you ever met him in person? What does he do for a living?

Jasmine17

Yes I know him in person. At the moment he's just lost his job from a restaurant, no fault of his own it's closed down

Reactions: ijs

ijs

Yes I know him in person. At the moment he's just lost his job from a restaurant, no fault of his own it's closed down
Does he work in a heavily tourist area? (that doesn't make him a Rat necessarily--- it just increases his chances). How long have you known him?

Jasmine17

No it's not a tourist area, have know him 2 years

Heidi on what basis are u saying he's a rat? Yes that's my point I've been with a rat before I know the signs. But the only thing going against this man is he's Tunisian how does that automatically mean he's a rat? And incidentally he's been working the majority of the relationship.

Jasmine17

But I don't understand if he's a rat why does he put up with my horrid moods, why does he let me boss him around, why has he put my feelings before his family's etc?!

Jasmine17

His brother is happily married to a European lady, they live together in her country and all is good, which makes me think he did come here he would be equally respectful and wouldn't run once he got his visa

Sun rise

98% of these guy's are LR, so please coynt your changes your having one of the 2 procent. And don't forget there well trained in there scamming, really they are masters in it. The family of my LR was into the scamming also. They welcomed me and told me they loved me so much blablabla, and ofcourse he ' proofed ' his
' love ' to me in front of his family. It's easy because they were in the plot. There are different types of working from the LR so he may be a great guy now but his true face will come out. Did you ever met each other? And he talked about marrying you?

Heidi

His brother is happily married to a European lady, they live together in her country and all is good, which makes me think he did come here he would be equally respectful and wouldn't run once he got his visa
His brother got engaged last November and already made it to Europe :cool: Let´s see how long this marriage will last.... popc1.gif

simple

Hes everything we want in a boyfriend ,,,,Has his family spoken to you about their issues with you ,or are they just arguing because he says so..Sending gold ,difficult for someone in tunisia [its prohibited]Wonder how he did it ,,,,If its too good to be true ,then it proberly isnt .....

Jasmine17

Everything is genuine! Yes it's gold I worked in jewellers myself so I know gold and yes it arrived within two days. No his brother didn't get engaged in November, he's already been married two years. And yes we met plenty times and had a lovely engagement. This is what I mean everything gets pulled to pieces by everyone just cos he's Tunisian and I'm European.

Heidi

Everything is genuine! Yes it's gold I worked in jewellers myself so I know gold and yes it arrived within two days. No his brother didn't get engaged in November, he's already been married two years. And yes we met plenty times and had a lovely engagement. This is what I mean everything gets pulled to pieces by everyone just cos he's Tunisian and I'm European.
I´m so sorry, dear, I misunderstood :)

Hiya, yes I get on well with his family they are lovely and yes him and his family paid for the recent engagement. He says that things are hard now cos his brother has stopped paying house money cos he is paying for his wedding. He's asked for 300d, he says his mum gets the food from the shop over the month period and then at the end of the month she has to pay for it, and he says that's how much it has cost?!
I guess, this was the reason why I got confused ;)

Last edited:

dream

dream

@Jasmine17 you must find yourself if he is a rat or not. If you ask here everyone will tell you he is even if they don't know him. No one here tell you he is a good boy. The most here are get hurting and pain change people. They can not forgive and are living still in this pain. My parents have learn to me to support people and to do it with the heart and never expect anything in return. I support my bf in tunisia and l don't think he is a rat because of this. I support my family in europe too and l don't see any difference about my bf and my family. I know many tunisian men who are married since many years with woman from europe and are happy together. Only you know if he is genuine or not

simple

@Jasmine17 you must find yourself if he is a rat or not. If you ask here everyone will tell you he is even if they don't know him. No one here tell you he is a good boy. The most here are get hurting and pain change people. They can not forgive and are living still in this pain. My parents have learn to me to support people and to do it with the heart and never expect anything in return. I support my bf in tunisia and l don't think he is a rat because of this. I support my family in europe too and l don't see any difference about my bf and my family. I know many tunisian men who are married since many years with woman from europe and are happy together. Only you know if he is genuine or not
I think you missunderstand ,,,We bare no grudge against honest good Tunisian men ,we are not bitter because we have been hurt by a Tunisian ,its not a hate tunsian group ,We dont judge because he is a tunisian ,So please dont accuse us of that ,She has doubts herself otherwise she would not have asked for our opinion ,what you suggest is for her to find out if he is a rat and that is what she is doing ,by doing her homework and reading up on Tunisian behaviour ,I would never suggest that she continue with a relationship and just hope for the best ,because that would dangerous and not wise,,,,

Heidi

@Jasmine17 you must find yourself if he is a rat or not. If you ask here everyone will tell you he is even if they don't know him. No one here tell you he is a good boy. The most here are get hurting and pain change people. They can not forgive and are living still in this pain.
I resent that. This is simply not true schmoll.gif

Jasmine17

I appreciate all view points it all helps. He seems genuine but there are things that won't let me take the next step.

Heidi he has three brothers. I was speaking about the older one

Sun rise

We have members on this site who are happely married. We can only give advise and tell our story's. And ofcourse questions will be asked, but i don't see the problem in that. Just keep your eyes and ears open, and take care of yourself.

Heidi

I am sorry if l missinderstand. But till now everyone who asked if he is a rat the answer was always yes
That´s because they are. If a victim asks here, she most times does have an inkling already, that something is wrong in the relationship

Top Bottom