Welcome to TLR

Bad place

Lass

Major Ratslayer
Hi all. After promising myself I will not get myself into this big bad black hole here I am again. Feeling utterly broken and not knowing what to do with my life. TLR has been a big part of my life for the last year and helped me a lot on many occasions so I thought I may share how I feel here. It is not caused by rat, just a build up of all things happening in my life.

Bubbly

Major Ratslayer
Hi all. After promising myself I will not get myself into this big bad black hole here I am again. Feeling utterly broken and not knowing what to do with my life. TLR has been a big part of my life for the last year and helped me a lot on many occasions so I thought I may share how I feel here. It is not caused by rat, just a build up of all things happening in my life.
I am in the same situation right now, that’s how we are supposed to feel in our life every now and then. Just because we are stuck right now doesn’t mean we will be forever. Let’s keep some hope, there are great things awaiting for us in the future.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
I am sorry to hear this Lass - you are such a lovely, warm and caring person so it is so unfair that you feel so broken.

Sometimes though things do build up and you come crashing down after trying to stay strong, I do think that Covid has unsettled everyone and we are all adjusting to life changes.

Is there anything we can do to help you - remember we all care about you.

Big hugs

MH x

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Hi Lass I remember you replied on the thread from Plymouthgirl about suicide. It was a touching story of your life and how you was in a much better place now. I understand life gives us good and bad days. Try to relax and remember how you felt in the past and how you found the strength to change your life around. It will change again you only have to find that strength again Lass. We are here for you when you want to talk we all go through bad things in life. Big hugs to you xxx

Lass

Major Ratslayer
Hi Lass I remember you replied on the thread from Plymouthgirl about suicide. It was a touching story of your life and how you was in a much better place now. I understand life gives us good and bad days. Try to relax and remember how you felt in the past and how you found the strength to change your life around. It will change again you only have to find that strength again Lass. We are here for you when you want to talk we all go through bad things in life. Big hugs to you xxx
Never in my life I would imagine that I would be in this state again after 2 weeks of sharing my story and saying that I am much better. I will be alright though. I have a lot of good things in my life too and now I know and recognise that. Thank you all. Sometimes all it takes is just remembering that someone cares.
You are so right @Butterflies things change so quickly and it will not always be like that. Even now that I am feeling shite I really want to say to everyone out there that is struggling that we can do it. We are stronger to what we can ever imagine.

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
Lass, I’m so sorry you’re feeling broken. You went through a lot and even though you are much better now than you used to be, It’s normal sometimes to feel again sad. It doesn’t go away easily . Also, the pandemic doesn’t help. Being isolated and staying alone is the last thing we need when we are depressed but unfortunately these last past months, we didn’t have a lot of choice. Have you talked to a counselor? I know it may sound cliche but it’s not. Good counseling sessions will make wonders. It will help in more ways we imagine. I wish you the best, Lass. Stay here and let us know of your progress. And thank you for the support you provide here.

Lass

Major Ratslayer
Lass, I’m so sorry you’re feeling broken. You went through a lot and even though you are much better now than you used to be, It’s normal sometimes to feel again sad. It doesn’t go away easily . Also, the pandemic doesn’t help. Being isolated and staying alone is the last thing we need when we are depressed but unfortunately these last past months, we didn’t have a lot of choice. Have you talked to a counselor? I know it may sound cliche but it’s not. Good counseling sessions will make wonders. It will help in more ways we imagine. I wish you the best, Lass. Stay here and let us know of your progress. And thank you for the support you provide here.
Yes, my workplace got me a counselor on the phone straight away. I know it can help as I went through a six months therapy after I had my first mental breakdown. I adored that lady but today I didn't have that much luck, I didn't like the helpline, I just felt being rushed and they gave me one advice..."You should really change your workplace" wow just wow, absolutely speechless thats when I decided to post here, somehow it's more helpful. Thank you @SouthernGirl xx

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, my workplace got me a counselor on the phone straight away. I know it can help as I went through a six months therapy after I had my first mental breakdown. I adored that lady but today I didn't have that much luck, I didn't like the helpline, I just felt being rushed and they gave me one advice..."You should really change your workplace" wow just wow, absolutely speechless thats when I decided to post here, somehow it's more helpful. Thank you @SouthernGirl xx
Wow you should put in a complaint - it's stupid comments like that that can cause more damage WTF!

I am so sorry about your colleague and it must have been really horrific to witness - have your work given you time off?

Hugs

MH x

Plymouthgirl

Major Ratslayer
I’m feeling exactly the same way, Lass, for all sorts of reasons, too................I lost a dear friend recently too................Heartbreaking..............I am still reeling from intensive abuse from my Rat, who after everything I did for him, called me a ‘dog’ amongst many other things...............They are disgusting, despicable creatures, who deserve to be tortured in prison for the rest of their days, for what they did to us................

Lass

Major Ratslayer
Wow you should put in a complaint - it's stupid comments like that that can cause more damage WTF!

I am so sorry about your colleague and it must have been really horrific to witness - have your work given you time off?

Hugs

MH x
Yeah, they suggested time off but I'm not sure if I will take up on the offer as I feel lonely and isolated at home on my own. Thank you so much to each and every one of you that took time to read or reply. Much appreciated xx

Peacock

Major Ratslayer
Hello Lass, how are you feeling now? I hope that working from home today is still working out for you. You have just had a terrible shock and will need time to learn to handle what has just happened. Maybe there are other colleagues at work that can give you the support you need. They might also need it as well, so you could help each other?

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Another day survived. Took me until 7pm to decide it was actually worth getting up from my bed but once I got up and dressed myself I went for a 5 k walk and felt there's a light at the end of the tunnel!
Exercise is so important too - try to stay out for 1 1/2 hours as your brain takes at least half this time to switch off.

Guess what....... If you want to stay in bed then do it and don't beat yourself up about it nor force anything - allow yourself time to grieve and recover but I'm happy you did make it outside.

Big hugs

MH x