Welcome to TLR

Bassem Bettaibi and all the updates on his ratty behavior- steer clear!

I'm not a believer

Major Ratslayer
So, on Sunday I received a message from my " fiancée " " Hon, i need your help. I don't have any money" My thoughts were, oh here we go again? I return the message. " What do you need money for?" He replies . " I need clothes" Suffies to say , I said no. He accepted my response and apologised for asking. My fiancée has 2 jobs. Call centre 9-2.30 pm daily. Every other day 7pm- 7am works in the hospital .
I didn't ask him why he was asking me for money AGAIN! when he was doing 2 jobs. I decided to just refuse to send him any money. End of conversation. This morning he messaged to say that he had arrived to the call centre for work, that there was a strike. That the call centre
has refused to give everyone their monthly salary. This is the 3rd time this has happened. This is the 3rd call centre he has worked in since I have known him. He has only been at this particular call centre 1 month. This was his first salary with them. Now I'm starting to think.
Why did he ask me for money again, knowing it would annoy me. Did he really get a second job? Has he been lying. He definitely works at the hospital. It is a government job but the call centre ???? He's supposed to be working 2 jobs to be saving for the wedding. If anyone read my previous post about the so called theft of 3k which he had saved and kept his sock drawer because he didn't trust the bank will know that this supposedly theft took place whilst he was sleeping. I didn't believe him then. I don't believe him now!!

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
So, on Sunday I received a message from my " fiancée " " Hon, i need your help. I don't have any money" My thoughts were, oh here we go again? I return the message. " What do you need money for?" He replies . " I need clothes" Suffies to say , I said no. He accepted my response and apologised for asking. My fiancée has 2 jobs. Call centre 9-2.30 pm daily. Every other day 7pm- 7am works in the hospital .
I didn't ask him why he was asking me for money AGAIN! when he was doing 2 jobs. I decided to just refuse to send him any money. End of conversation. This morning he messaged to say that he had arrived to the call centre for work, that there was a strike. That the call centre
has refused to give everyone their monthly salary. This is the 3rd time this has happened. This is the 3rd call centre he has worked in since I have known him. He has only been at this particular call centre 1 month. This was his first salary with them. Now I'm starting to think.
Why did he ask me for money again, knowing it would annoy me. Did he really get a second job? Has he been lying. He definitely works at the hospital. It is a government job but the call centre ???? He's supposed to be working 2 jobs to be saving for the wedding. If anyone read my previous post about the so called theft of 3k which he had saved and kept his sock drawer because he didn't trust the bank will know that this supposedly theft took place whilst he was sleeping. I didn't believe him then. I don't believe him now!!
Stand by your user name and DO NOT BELIEVE - I would eat Gandhi's sandals if it is true!

Theft? If it wasn't such [email protected] it would be laughable - the only person that spent that money was your rat, sorry to be so blunt :Cry:

Did you ever see the 3,000 savings? Is this the one who said his Dad had stolen it?

He is trying his luck - of course he apologised for asking but NO decent Tunisian would EVER ask a woman for money to buy clothes!

BIG BIG red flags, sorry because I know you love him but he is bad news.

Big hugs

MH x

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
I remember his story of having been burglarized during the night and « all the money he saved for your wedding » being gone. I’m surprised you’re still even in contact with him. The gall he has to tell you I need new clothes, give me money. What kind of man (except for a loser) does that? He’s a rat and an user. Why do you keep him? He only wants money from you, and possibly a visa too. You already know he’s no good.

Last edited:

I'm not a believer

Major Ratslayer
Stand by your user name and DO NOT BELIEVE - I would eat Gandhi's sandals if it is true!

Theft? If it wasn't such [email protected] it would be laughable - the only person that spent that money was your rat, sorry to be so blunt :Cry:

Did you ever see the 3,000 savings? Is this the one who said his Dad had stolen it?

He is trying his luck - of course he apologised for asking but NO decent Tunisian would EVER ask a woman for money to buy clothes!

Big hugs

MH x
Yep, I agree. Just biding my time. The 3k he supposedly saved over a 2yr period was for our wedding etc... it was stolen during Ramadan. Whilst he was sleeping " someone " broke in to his flat and stole it whilst he slept. No, I didn't fall for it, not for one minuet. It's downhill I'm afraid for us. I know he's telling porkies.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, I agree. Just biding my time. The 3k he supposedly saved over a 2yr period was for our wedding etc... it was stolen during Ramadan. Whilst he was sleeping " someone " broke in to his flat and stole it whilst he slept. No, I didn't fall for it, not for one minuet. It's downhill I'm afraid for us. I know he's telling porkies.
The quicker you cut your contact with him the sooner you can begin to recover and move on.

I know it's hard but we will be there with you every step of the way.

MH x

I'm not a believer

Major Ratslayer
Drop this rat, he has made enough fun of you my dear!
Lately he has been watching his television that had been stolen...
Yes, I hear you. I haven't parted with any money since the driving lessons lalmost a year ago. He knows I don't believe what ever he says. I question everything . He tells me I'm worse than the FBI. My stupidness is loving someone who is a liar. My feelings are slowly diminishing for him. It's just when someone tells you they are depressed and suicidle and if you leave them they'll die. It does play on my conscious.

I'm not a believer

Major Ratslayer
I remember his story of having been burglarized during the night and « all the money he saved for your wedding » being gone. I’m surprised you’re still even in contact with him. The gall he has to tell you I need new clothes, give me money. What kind of man (except for a loser) does that? He’s a rat and an user. Why do you keep him? He only wants money from you, and possibly a visa too. You already know he’s no good.
No I will never send money again. No I will not be marrying him. I just can't stop loving him overnight. Although, yes my feelings for him are getting less.

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
I remember you didn’t believe his story at the time so that’s why I’m surprised you’re still even wasting your time with him. You say you are biding your time ok, that’s what you said too back then, but for what? Revenge? You’re just losing your time. He doesn’t deserve you and the more you stay, the more you’ll hurt. Because one day, it’ll be over. Either you’ll finally leave after you’ll be fed up enough, or he’ll leave you for another victim or a girl in his country. I know this is harsh what I say, but that’s reality. He’s not even subtile in his lies, I mean the story of all the savings that couldn’t be stored at the bank and that got stolen at his house while he was sleeping nearby was so over the top. Even you didn’t give him money, you pretended to believe him and he must take you for a fool for that. He’ll keep asking for money and needing money for rent, Internet, car problems, medical bills, you name it. I mean, he thinks you should pay for his clothes, why shouldn’t you pay for all the rest? He’s using you. You don’t deserve that.

Last edited:

I'm not a believer

Major Ratslayer
I remember you didn’t believe his story at the time so that’s why I’m surprised you’re still even wasting your time with him. You say you are biding your time ok, that’s what you said too back then, but for what? Revenge? You’re just losing your time. He doesn’t deserve you and the more you stay, the more you’ll hurt. Because one day, it’ll be over. Either you’ll finally leave after you’ll be fed up enough, or he’ll leave you for another victim or a girl in his country. I know this is harsh what I say, but that’s reality. He’s not even subtile in his lies, I mean the story of all the savings that couldn’t be stored at the bank and that got stolen at his house while he was sleeping nearby was so over the top. Even you didn’t give him money, you pretended to believe him and he must take you for a fool for that. He’ll keep asking money and needed money for rent, Internet, car problems, medical bills, you name it. I mean, he thinks you should pay for his clothes, why shouldn’t you pay for all the rest? He’s using you. You don’t deserve that.
He can ask all he wants. He won't be getting any more of my money. What feelings I have for him he's slowly killing. In a way I wish he would leave me. I know it's over. I just need to grow a back bone and tell him.

Croydon girl

Major Ratslayer

Big hugs

MH x
No decent Tunisian man would ever ask a woman
I remember you didn’t believe his story at the time so that’s why I’m surprised you’re still even wasting your time with him. You say you are biding your time ok, that’s what you said too back then, but for what? Revenge? You’re just losing your time. He doesn’t deserve you and the more you stay, the more you’ll hurt. Because one day, it’ll be over. Either you’ll finally leave after you’ll be fed up enough, or he’ll leave you for another victim or a girl in his country. I know this is harsh what I say, but that’s reality. He’s not even subtile in his lies, I mean the story of all the savings that couldn’t be stored at the bank and that got stolen at his house while he was sleeping nearby was so over the top. Even you didn’t give him money, you pretended to believe him and he must take you for a fool for that. He’ll keep asking money and needed money for rent, Internet, car problems, medical bills, you name it. I mean, he thinks you should pay for his clothes, why shouldn’t you pay for all the rest? He’s using you. You don’t deserve that.
Great Post! A good and decent tunisian man would never ask a woman for money, ever!

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
He can ask all he wants. He won't be getting any more of my money. What feelings I have for him he's slowly killing. In a way I wish he would leave me. I know it's over. I just need to grow a back bone and tell him.
He will never leave you he is just playing on your concess and the feelings you have for him. My rat did that to me to saying don't leave me I can't live without you I will kill myself. You can do it just hit the blok button and stand your ground save yourself from more heartbreak. You are stronger then you think

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Leave him first - don't give him the satisfaction, you are worth more than that and can walk away with your head held high.

Crocodile tears and threats of killing themselves are VERY common.

MH x

Myriam1

Major Ratslayer
If we would have to give 5 $ to every rat that has threathened to kill himself, we would be bankrupt...
A rat will never kill himself when a victim leaves him. Victims, on the contrary, sometimes do when they're bankrupt and totally down...
It happened to one of our members and I will never forget this!!!!

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
If we would have to give 5 $ to every rat that has threathened to kill himself, we would be bankrupt...
A rat will never kill himself when a victim leaves him. Victims, on the contrary, sometimes do when they're bankrupt and totally down...
I have read the entire post of the woman mentioned here it was very very sad. She was used by these rats and ridiculed by them to the point she couldn't take it no more. You know what you should do but your heart is still filled with love for him. I get that. My rat was online love to and it takes time to let them go. It was the same for me but you are getting there to. I questioned everything he said and the crying, the asking for money for all kind of things he needed or wanted. I had big red flags at the end and I am sure you are seeing the red flags to because you already talked about it in your first post.

simple

Major Ratslayer
You love him ,,thats it !! Thats why you cant give him the boot and he knows this ,,and his pressing all your buttons,,i keel myself ...!!:rolleyes: If he can sleep through a robbery ,where they nicked his tv and wedding money and expect you to believe it ,then he must think your stupid...I hope you really end up giving him the boot and will stop holding on waiting for him to change ,You will have a lifetime of hurt ,because he will never change xxx

Wiser

Major Ratslayer
Mine used the same excuse, finding a job at a call center, he speaks several languages and that was the main reason he was hired. The base company was in UK (that was his version)
But later it happened that he was using that time to love bomb other women not to work. Also he wasn’t being payed and everyone was mean towards him.
He found other job, same story. He was supposed to be working but not at all, he was scamming women, getting presents from them.
I’m happy to know you won’t provide for him anymore. XX

Lass

Major Ratslayer
@I'm not a believer I remember your story so well. What a lot of bollocks! Please excuse the language but it was so sketchy it really stuck in my head for good. Please don't believe in his threats of having suicidal thoughts. It's always "wallah and oksem belah three times I swear on The Quran. You know how hard it is to do that?! Film me! I do it for you. My hand will burn if I say the truth.... Yyyy I mean lies." It's all a game and empty promises. He makes you feel guilty and he's winning. I hope you find the strength to cut the contact with him. You are a strong woman and you can do it!

simple

Major Ratslayer
F""K your money !! you, only you think of money! why i want money ,my god he give me everything to be happy!!! Whalla ,,i keel myself ,you dont understand me .Why you make me sad all the time !!! In your country life is easy ,,i ask only for one little i phone , i pad ,nike trainers ,disel jeans and chanel for men aftershave ,,,Why you make problem because of this ,,,

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
It still haunts me to this day - poor woman was completely broken :Cry: She was doing so well and even stayed with another member but these arse holes grind you down so much she just couldn't cope, It was an awful time :Cry:

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
F""K your money !! you, only you think of money! why i want money ,my god he give me everything to be happy!!! Whalla ,,i keel myself ,you dont understand me .Why you make me sad all the time !!! In your country life is easy ,,i ask only for one little i phone , i pad ,nike trainers ,disel jeans and chanel for men aftershave ,,,Why you make problem because of this ,,,
Bwhahaaa it's like I hear mohammed shouting to me. Why didn't I give him a car the woman from his friend gave him 1. Told him if you don't like it find a rich woman then? They all want new trainers and for what to sit at the Caffè all day on their ass because he was to lazy to walk and wanted taximoney. Pfff the more I think of what kind off bullocks he told me I must have had early dementia. Seriously what was I thinking couldn't be bother no more now I took my distance

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
I have read the entire post of the woman mentioned here it was very very sad. She was used by these rats and ridiculed by them to the point she couldn't take it no more. You know what you should do but your heart is still filled with love for him. I get that. My rat was online love to and it takes time to let them go. It was the same for me but you are getting there to. I questioned everything he said and the crying, the asking for money for all kind of things he needed or wanted. I had big red flags at the end and I am sure you are seeing the red flags to because you already talked about it in your first post.
There isn't an emoticon to reflect how we feel and it would seem wrong to like your post but God rest her soul - she was so sweet yet so damaged by these vile rats and tried so hard to fight it.

MH x

simple

Major Ratslayer
Bwhahaaa it's like I hear mohammed shouting to me. Why didn't I give him a car the woman from his friend gave him 1. Told him if you don't like it find a rich woman then? They all want new trainers and for what to sit at the Caffè all day on their ass because he was to lazy to walk and wanted taximoney. Pfff the more I think of what kind off bullocks he told me I must have had early dementia. Seriously what was I thinking couldn't be bother no more now I took my distance
I dont believe you didnt buy him a car or new trainers !!! He is so poor that he cant eat ,he cant find work to pay rent and you begruge him a car and trainers !! Mohammed lives in a village ,his nearest shop is 20 meters away ,he cant afford a taxi to take him there to get water ,his mother is"nt home and he is hungry ,his friends are in the cafe waiting for him ,but he has no designer trainers to wear,,,, For just £2 a week you can support Mohammed and help him to get his arse off the sofa and find a job.

Peacock

Major Ratslayer
Yes, I hear you. I haven't parted with any money since the driving lessons lalmost a year ago. He knows I don't believe what ever he says. I question everything . He tells me I'm worse than the FBI. My stupidness is loving someone who is a liar. My feelings are slowly diminishing for him. It's just when someone tells you they are depressed and suicidle and if you leave them they'll die. It does play on my conscious.
You should never give in to emotional blackmail. He is just playing with you. Ignore the "threats" and do not ever feel guilty because you are not funding him anymore.
I hope you can find the strength to end this relationship soon. You deserve to have someone so much better than this in your life. You do not need a liar and con man in your life.

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I dont believe you didnt buy him a car or new trainers !!! He is so poor that he cant eat ,he cant find work to pay rent and you begruge him a car and trainers !! Mohammed lives in a village ,his nearest shop is 20 meters away ,he cant afford a taxi to take him there to get water ,his mother is"nt home and he is hungry ,his friends are in the cafe waiting for him ,but he has no designer trainers to wear,,,, For just £2 a week you can support Mohammed and help him to get his arse off the sofa and find a job.
Not a chance in hell I will eat my socks first

simple

Major Ratslayer
Not a chance in hell I will eat my socks first
When they claim poverty , destitution and hunger ,im sure the first thing you need are trainers and a car!! They havnt gone hungry one day in their lives ..They look down on the good tunisians who try to survive on 20 dinar a week ,who will do any work just to feed their families ,,These rats have no idea how hard life really is !!!

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
When they claim poverty , destitution and hunger ,im sure the first thing you need are trainers and a car!! They havnt gone hungry one day in their lives ..They look down on the good tunisians who try to survive on 20 dinar a week ,who will do any work just to feed their families ,,These rats have no idea how hard life really is !!!
At first he started complaining I felled sorry and send little money. But the asking became more frequent some weeks I sent 150 euro to him. He must of thought he had died and was in heaven. After a while I did research here and saw how much money it really was they needed to live by. His mother was so sweet on camera sure she did I was so naive and I know I was not the only one but you do feel stupid afterwards

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
At first he started complaining I felled sorry and send little money. But the asking became more frequent some weeks I sent 150 euro to him. He must of thought he had died and was in heaven. After a while I did research here and saw how much money it really was they needed to live by. His mother was so sweet on camera sure she did I was so naive and I know I was not the only one but you do feel stupid afterwards
Don't feel silly at all - the fact he involved his mother was to make you believe he is genuine but if she went on webcam to you then she is as big a rat as him and just saw £ signs!

MH x