Welcome to TLR

Bassem Bettaibi and all the updates on his ratty behavior- steer clear!

Poppy

Major Ratslayer
I feel a fool I feel so dam stupid I'm engaged to him and have been with him a long time his dam friends have no shame trying to scrounge off the european woman when they come and expect u to pay u cant get rid off them even poisonous bait will not get rid off them they stick to my fiance like flies even when he told them mo they still turned up he would refuse them but they would still turn up I think this maybe have been a ploy between the. Alll how naive how stupid I was !!!!!!
We all felt stupid. Yet, we did nothing wrong. From day one, we were lied. Never feel ashamed or stupid, it's not your fault.

Last edited:

Poppy

Major Ratslayer
I feel a fool I feel so dam stupid I'm engaged to him and have been with him a long time his dam friends have no shame trying to scrounge off the european woman when they come and expect u to pay u cant get rid off them even poisonous bait will not get rid off them they stick to my fiance like flies even when he told them mo they still turned up he would refuse them but they would still turn up I think this maybe have been a ploy between the. Alll how naive how stupid I was !!!!!!
Never feel stupid ! We all were in the same situation. It's so difficult at first to realize how evil rats can be. We are honest people and we are unable to think like a rat. Their soul is rotten. Get ride of him. You will be the winner. And don't waste your time arguing with a liar. A liar will never tell the truth.

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
I so wish I had done that - I paid for everything even meals out even though we were all inclusive, even that wasn't good enough for him.

MH x
I think thats the plan....like...... have a week or two 5star on your girlfriends expense. One day when I tell all it will all come out.

Its a rat plan, take as much as they can as fast as they can and try and bag the big one.Tell your mates where you are planning on going to eat so that they can casually pass by and quadruple the bill.
My friends all call me Columbo ha ha...as soon as I got a sniff of the rat plan I got home, found TLR, soaked all the good advice up and severed ties. Since then i've had the hospital pics, the constant messages, the woe is me shit.......I just laugh ( and im actually a big softie). No contact now for two whole days and nights...might be on a winner and got a date with someone lovely next Saturday who Ive known for ages :love:

420weblazeit

So, on Sunday I received a message from my " fiancée " " Hon, i need your help. I don't have any money" My thoughts were, oh here we go again? I return the message. " What do you need money for?" He replies . " I need clothes" Suffies to say , I said no. He accepted my response and apologised for asking. My fiancée has 2 jobs. Call centre 9-2.30 pm daily. Every other day 7pm- 7am works in the hospital .
I didn't ask him why he was asking me for money AGAIN! when he was doing 2 jobs. I decided to just refuse to send him any money. End of conversation. This morning he messaged to say that he had arrived to the call centre for work, that there was a strike. That the call centre
has refused to give everyone their monthly salary. This is the 3rd time this has happened. This is the 3rd call centre he has worked in since I have known him. He has only been at this particular call centre 1 month. This was his first salary with them. Now I'm starting to think.
Why did he ask me for money again, knowing it would annoy me. Did he really get a second job? Has he been lying. He definitely works at the hospital. It is a government job but the call centre ???? He's supposed to be working 2 jobs to be saving for the wedding. If anyone read my previous post about the so called theft of 3k which he had saved and kept his sock drawer because he didn't trust the bank will know that this supposedly theft took place whilst he was sleeping. I didn't believe him then. I don't believe him now!!

I can offer you two things:

The first: I can go to his place of work and take a picture of him, or the place, fully operational, which he claims to be on strike
The second: you can send me a couple of quid and me and him can come to my area and we can go clothes shopping together

Rose's

Hi @Rose's I'm sorry about what happened to you but happy that you are here with us. This is forum is a big part of my life and I found many answers here, there's so many great people who are absolute fountain of knowledge and experience. Let us know if we can be of any help.
Right now I'm in tears I truly honestly thought he loved me I could right a full story it could be made into a film but a tear jerker sometimes so much love and happiness but when it was bad it was truly bad I have been 5 years with him and engaged to him the ring that he bought me is truly an amazing ring and real gold I have always wondered where the money came from because he never seemed to have any ????? He did say he saved hard for the ring

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Right now I'm in tears I truly honestly thought he loved me I could right a full story it could be made into a film but a tear jerker sometimes so much love and happiness but when it was bad it was truly bad I have been 5 years with him and engaged to him the ring that he bought me is truly an amazing ring and real gold I have always wondered where the money came from because he never seemed to have any ????? He did say he saved hard for the ring
Awww that's a long time - how did you meet, forgive me if you have already said.

Big red flags as you know with so many women on his social media - he will probably also have profiles that you know nothing about, they are so darn manipulative!

I'm sorry to read you are in tears - no rats deserve any tears but of course you feel heartbroken and most of us on here have been through your pain.

Please read the following thread - it has helped many many members over the years and I hope it helps you a little:

Big hugs

MH x

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
I don’t know what to do. I haven’t heard from him since I questioned him about his FB. He messaged yesterday morning,
He was working last night but didn’t phone as he usually does.He didn’t message this morning? He has not read my message on messenger which I left at lunchtime yesterday . He’s never done this in the 2.06 years we’ve been together. I was getting ready to give him all guns last night as he’s still has not removed the restriction on me from his fb. I was going to tell him , that’s it ,buh bye.
Im now thinking , should I message his brother to ask if he’s ok? I have my fellows phone number but , don’t want to ring him. He will think I’m weakening , when in fact I’m not. Please. Advise me ladies. I’m getting anxious. Maybe thats his plan as he knows I’m a worrier. After his reasons about restricting me on his FB as he thought after receiving “ the message?” from Fb that maybe he was being hacked. Is this him saying if and when he does contact me say, “ there was a problem with with my phone, I was hacked just like I told you. See, I was telling the truth .” I still won’t believe him.
Oh honey he really got you where he wants you... how rude not to answer messages, your mind is all over the place, he is controlling you psychologically, I was doing kind of the same for a year I never seem to have peace of mind so I finished with Facebook completely, only brings problems, get rid of him, he seems ignorant and uneducated man, block him and say good bye , recover your peace of mind and be happy, it might be difficult at first but it’s worthy in the end, don’t drink alcohol as you need to be strong minded and make a good decision, wishing all the best xx

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
I had about 4 hrs sleep last night. I did get ready to go out this morning and have just got home. Whilst out my bloody jeans kept falling down. The stress he’s put me through this past week has made me lose at least half a stone.
Last night I composed a really long winded message telling him exactly what I though of him . I told him that I knew he was a rat and that the bank of BEZNESS was now closed. I said that we were now through and that I was going back to Cyprus to live.
I want to send a copy to each of his siblings so the know exactly why I’m leaving him as, I don’t want them to think he’s left me. I want to tell them all about his shnanagins. He’s always told me that he was brought up to respect woman as, his mother brought her 6 kids up on her own. His father left home when my fellow was only 4. Two of his brothers and a sister are married with families of their own. They are all spread about miles from each other and don’t see each other very often. I want them to know what their brother is really like or, do you think I’m wasting my time. They message me and tell me that I am part of the family and can’t wait for us to marry . As I said , I want them to know that I’m the one leaving the relationship. Not him! Also, they may not know about the money I have sent and the fact he’s always asking for money. Maybe they might get annoyed by the fact he never gave them any? That will pee them off surely? I just want to stir the pot. For him. I still have the western union receipts as proof . I was going to send a screenshot of them along with the message to say. He’s a rat!!
Wow, you did well to ditch him however if I was in your position I will just disappear from their radar, you don’t have to explain your actions to anyone, you’re a free individual and if I were you, I will simply move on, no explanation, Done and Dusted!!!

Poppy

Major Ratslayer
Maybe it was a stolen ring or paid with the money from his other scammed ladies. Even an expensive ring is nothing compared to what a visa can give him. Block him and forget him. He will never cry for you.

Poppy

Major Ratslayer
Maybe it was a stolen ring or paid with the money from his other scammed ladies. Even an expensive ring is nothing compared to what a visa can give him. Block him and forget him. He will never cry for you.

I'm not a believer

Major Ratslayer
Good for you I'm not a believer we are proud of you xxx stay strong we are here for you if you feel down xxx:love:
I have uploaded the first picture but cannot open the 2nd picture - @Mica can you try please?

Well done @I'm not a believer - huge step you have just taken :love:

MH x
Thank you. How awful though that it had to resort to this.Still haven’t heard from the bas***d. Too late now. There’s no going back.
Its over. The swamps been drained. X

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Hi Rose's it is heartbreaking to feel betrayed by him. When you wonder where the money came from for your gold ring I suppose you have a gut feeling you know now. I am sorry you have to find out this way he maybe is a rat. Read around on the forum you will see stories of other women here and see you are not alone we all have been there. It hurts we know if you are ready for it talk about it this helps your recovery. If you don't want just yet that is ok to. We are here for you big hug xxx

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Thank you. How awful though that it had to resort to this.Still haven’t heard from the bas***d. Too late now. There’s no going back.
Its over. The swamps been drained. X
Yes it is a awfull but he had it coming. He deserves to be here in the gallery. Now it is for you time to start heeling and think of yourself and enjoy the freedom without waiting for him. No endless calls, no texts messages. It is hard in the begin we know but I can assure you it changes quik now you realise it was all fake from his side. Stay strong and you will get there your a beautifull strong woman ❤️