Bassem Bettaibi and all the updates on his ratty behavior- steer clear!

When they claim poverty , destitution and hunger ,im sure the first thing you need are trainers and a car!! They havnt gone hungry one day in their lives ..They look down on the good tunisians who try to survive on 20 dinar a week ,who will do any work just to feed their families ,,These rats have no idea how hard life really is !!!
Had he asked money for food then maybe I’d of sent him £30 The fact he said he needed clothes made my blood boil.

He doesn't need money for food either - their culture is family and neighbours would ensure he ate.

MH x
When he told me someone had broken in to his flat and stole all the money he had saved , the 3k.He told me , the landlord threw him out because he couldn’t pay the rent . I refused to send money. He stayed with a friend. When he got his pay from the hospital , he paid the landlord and the landlord let him back in. Why would the landlord throw you out then , take you back? I don’t get it. It’s all too far fetched in my opinion.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
When he told me someone had broken in to his flat and stole all the money he had saved , the 3k.He told me , the landlord threw him out because he couldn’t pay the rent . I refused to send money. He stayed with a friend. When he got his pay from the hospital , he paid the landlord and the landlord let him back in. Why would the landlord throw you out then , take you back? I don’t get it. It’s all too far fetched in my opinion.
He told you that so you would feel sorry for him and send him money!

I'm sorry but he is a big fat rat and you are worth so much more than listening to his bull :love:

MH x

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
Had he asked money for food then maybe I’d of sent him £30 The fact he said he needed clothes made my blood boil.
Even for food, it wouldn’t be ok. He’s playing you. Even if he’d get hungry and had no money, he’d have his family. Please stop being naive. That’s the way he sees you. You don’t believe many of his lies, but you still believe some and frankly, it makes me worried. I understand you still like him and it’s hard to let go but realize he’s a jerk who has no respect for you. While you’d still worry about him if he had no food, he would not care if it was the other way around. He’d have no problem taking all he can from you and leave you penniless and homeless. These rats have no compassion and they laugh behind their victims’back for being so gullible.
Also don’t let him manipulate you when he says he’d commit suicide if you left him. He says crap like that to control you and because he believes it works and unfortunately it looks like it does work. You know he’s a liar but somehow he still has you wrapped around his finger. You are stronger than that. Don’t let him disrespect you and play you one more day. You can tell him no more. It may be hard at first and you’d miss him but you’ll feel free and you’ll gain peace of mind. Understand you don’t owe him anything. You may not be his only victim. You don’t send him money so he needs to get someone who will. If he doesn’t already have someone who does, he’s looking for one.

Last edited:

simple

Major Ratslayer
Even for food, it wouldn’t be ok. He’s playing you. Even if he’d get hungry and had no money, he’d have his family. Please stop being naive. That’s the way he sees you. You don’t believe many of his lies, but you still believe some and frankly, it makes me worried. I understand you still like him and it’s hard to let go but realize he’s a jerk who has no respect for you. While you’d still worry about him if he had no food, he would not care if it was the other way around. He’d have no problem taking all he can from you and leave you penniless and homeless. These rats have no compassion and they laugh behind their victims’back for being so gullible.
Also don’t let him manipulate you when he says he’d commit suicide if you left him. He says crap like that to control you and because he believes it works and unfortunately it looks like it does work. You know he’s a liar but somehow he still has you wrapped around his finger. You are stronger than that. Don’t let him disrespect you and play you one more day. You can tell him no more. It may be hard at first and you’d miss him but you’ll feel free and you’ll gain peace of mind. Understand you don’t owe him anything. You may not be his only victim. You don’t send him money so he needs to get someone who will. If he doesn’t already have someone who does, he’s looking for one.
This is the harsh reality when dealing with rats ,,,They dont care one bit about you and would easily walk away when they have left you with nothing .

My ex-rat would tell me stories like this, I think it’s all part of trying to confuse you and paint a picture of Tunisia like some post-apocalyptic wasteland where people are fleecing each other to survive. It also normalises it in your head subconsciously. Listen to your gut! I know it’s so hard and it took many tries for me to leave because they tell you exactly what you want to hear in order to feel loved. I found out he was using my money I was sending “for food” to go to the beach and drink cocktails with his other girlfriend! Would it truly be better for you to know the bitter truth, or would you be able to cut your losses now?

Peacock

Junior Rat Expert
At first he started complaining I felled sorry and send little money. But the asking became more frequent some weeks I sent 150 euro to him. He must of thought he had died and was in heaven. After a while I did research here and saw how much money it really was they needed to live by. His mother was so sweet on camera sure she did I was so naive and I know I was not the only one but you do feel stupid afterwards
The mother is the stupid one!!

Big Bang Theory

Senior Rat Expert
Jeez, I wish someone would send me £30, that's over 100DT, that would feed me well for a week.

Pfff the cheek of him

And as for clothes, tell him to go to the Frip, you can pick up some lovely designer clothes there for 1-3 dinar a piece. I can't remember the last time I bought new clothes from a shop and dont think I ever will again at those prices.

I have more designer clothes now than I ever did in the UK and they mostly cost me less than £1 each!!!

All donations welcome ;)

simple

Major Ratslayer
Jeez, I wish someone would send me £30, that's over 100DT, that would feed me well for a week.

Pfff the cheek of him

And as for clothes, tell him to go to the Frip, you can pick up some lovely designer clothes there for 1-3 dinar a piece. I can't remember the last time I bought new clothes from a shop and dont think I ever will again at those prices.

I have more designer clothes now than I ever did in the UK and they mostly cost me less than £1 each!!!

All donations welcome ;)
You forgot to say ,,,your friend he fall of bike and need opperation and whalla i love you so much !!!!

Mica

Staff member
You forgot to say ,,,your friend he fall of bike and need opperation and whalla i love you so much !!!!
Haha how many times have I heard that? GF buys him a moped to get to work(?) Because the poor sod couldn't possibly travel on the luage like everyone else :confused:
Moped breaks down, crashes, gets stolen blahblahblah (or never existed in the first place).

Reality is he didn't need a moped to get to work because getting the money (for the moped) IS his work :oops:

So, on Sunday I received a message from my " fiancée " " Hon, i need your help. I don't have any money" My thoughts were, oh here we go again? I return the message. " What do you need money for?" He replies . " I need clothes" Suffies to say , I said no. He accepted my response and apologised for asking. My fiancée has 2 jobs. Call centre 9-2.30 pm daily. Every other day 7pm- 7am works in the hospital .
I didn't ask him why he was asking me for money AGAIN! when he was doing 2 jobs. I decided to just refuse to send him any money. End of conversation. This morning he messaged to say that he had arrived to the call centre for work, that there was a strike. That the call centre
has refused to give everyone their monthly salary. This is the 3rd time this has happened. This is the 3rd call centre he has worked in since I have known him. He has only been at this particular call centre 1 month. This was his first salary with them. Now I'm starting to think.
Why did he ask me for money again, knowing it would annoy me. Did he really get a second job? Has he been lying. He definitely works at the hospital. It is a government job but the call centre ???? He's supposed to be working 2 jobs to be saving for the wedding. If anyone read my previous post about the so called theft of 3k which he had saved and kept his sock drawer because he didn't trust the bank will know that this supposedly theft took place whilst he was sleeping. I didn't believe him then. I don't believe him now!!
Yesterday he informed me he had got a job on a construction sight. Basically he told me that he had no option as I had refused to send him any money. He moaned that he was only getting 7 dinars an hour. He told me that wasn't much more than a bottle of water which roughly costs 5 dinars? He complained he was having to work in the most terrible heat and tried to make me feel guilty. I found out through our conversation that he had bought clothes, mainly Adidas. This was before he asked me last Sunday for money for clothes. He'd obviously went ahead, bought the clothes thinking I'd give him the money anyway. He was very defensive saying he liked to dress in nice things and wanted to look smart. I asked him , who was he trying to impress? He angrily responded by say " What's wrong with buying new clothes" etc.. I reminded him that you don't buy things you can't afforded then expect someone else to give you money to pay for them. Once again he told me he will never ask me for money again. In a manner, as if he was doing me a favour.
This is the second time I've refused to give him money. Let's see how long it will be before the 3rd?

Wiser

Major Ratslayer
Yesterday he informed me he had got a job on a construction sight. Basically he told me that he had no option as I had refused to send him any money. He moaned that he was only getting 7 dinars an hour. He told me that wasn't much more than a bottle of water which roughly costs 5 dinars? He complained he was having to work in the most terrible heat and tried to make me feel guilty. I found out through our conversation that he had bought clothes, mainly Adidas. This was before he asked me last Sunday for money for clothes. He'd obviously went ahead, bought the clothes thinking I'd give him the money anyway. He was very defensive saying he liked to dress in nice things and wanted to look smart. I asked him , who was he trying to impress? He angrily responded by say " What's wrong with buying new clothes" etc.. I reminded him that you don't buy things you can't afforded then expect someone else to give you money to pay for them. Once again he told me he will never ask me for money again. In a manner, as if he was doing me a favour.
This is the second time I've refused to give him money. Let's see how long it will be before the 3rd?
:confused: Sounds like a Prince. He has no shame to ask for whatever he wants.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
5 Dinar for a bottle of water??

He is such a rat - what a cheek and he will be no loss to you once you decide to block and delete him, the sooner the better.

MH x

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
My rat did the same, never again asking me for money but he forget that quik and asked much times more to send money or told me I waisted his time and to never talk to me again . In the end (after he blackmailed me) I refused to ever send money again.

Poppy

Major Ratslayer
Haha how many times have I heard that? GF buys him a moped to get to work(?) Because the poor sod couldn't possibly travel on the luage like everyone else :confused:
Moped breaks down, crashes, gets stolen blahblahblah (or never existed in the first place).

Reality is he didn't need a moped to get to work because getting the money (for the moped) IS his work :oops:
Reality is that they don't need a moped because they don't work :D

Poppy

Major Ratslayer
He is a shameless rat. Block him and forget him. Your money is NOT his money.

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
I remember the first time you wrote when he told you that he was burglarized during the night and they took al the money he saved for your wedding. You knew then that he was lying and you were disgusted. Yet months later you still talk to him, someone who has no respect for you and mocks you. You have to know he never saved anything for the wedding he promised. He’s a con and a liar and he’ll keep asking for money because that’s all he is interested in getting from you. He thinks you’re naive because you believed him before and he’ll keep trying. I find it sad that after all his lies, you’re still giving him your attention. Why do you do that to yourself? Why keeping a loser with no morals in your life who is using you? You deserve so much better, someone sincere who’ll genuinely love you and won’t ask for money. God men don’t do that.

Last edited:

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Another frequent Rat Quote :Evil: that’s how they really think, if they get no benefit from us it means a waste of time for them. They are not investing years only to get love from us. They dream big.
If only I knew before all the prizes from food and all you can buy in tunisia I would have realised it sooner it was all a pack of lies. They take advantage of it when you dont know. It is just not normal how much shoes he needed just to sit in café :mad: