ben Ali Dead or in coma???

scarlett rose

Hi Guys just read on facebook that BEN ALI is dead I knew he was in a coma but not sure if this is just an exagerrated or wishful thinking rumour..anyone else heard this??x

DragonZest

TLR tester
Hi Guys just read on facebook that BEN ALI is dead I knew he was in a coma but not sure if this is just an exagerrated or wishful thinking rumour..anyone else heard this??x
yeh i've heard it too and supposedly france24 were reporting it but theres been nothing confirmed

alAzima

Administrator & Voice of Reason
Staff member
Ben Ali as far as I know is/was in a coma. There were a bunch of rumors saying he was dead and they pointed to a France24 and France2 channel as having reported that, but after I researched it, those French channels never reported anything.

The only confirmed information was that he had a stroke, slipped into a coma and that was confirmed by Saudi officials.

Today the Tunisian Interior Ministry demanded of Saudi Arabia :
Tunisian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has directly asked Saudi Arabia to extradite former president Ben Ali and provide any and all information about his health status (namely, whether he's dead or not).

http://www.tap.info.tn/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15179&Itemid=1

alAzima

Staff member
I am going to move this thread into the Tunisian Revolution area :)

T

TunisiaMoon

Is it true or is it his way of keeping control and not being extradited back to Tunisia to face charges???? I don't believe anything anymore!

alAzima

Staff member
Is it true or is it his way of keeping control and not being extradited back to Tunisia to face charges???? I don't believe anything anymore!

I had the same thoughts, Casper. It may very well not be true and for the exact reason you gave.

T

TunisiaMoon

It's not like he and his family don't have the means to bribe enough people! Maybe he can fake his death and live out his days growing a long beard with Bin Liner!

alAzima

Staff member
LoL I missed your insanity and one liners :)

Caramel

Clairvoyante !!
Funny, those were my thoughts too. Also the same for Mbarek. Strange, they both had cancer and now in a coma - what are the chances of this happening to the two at the same time? The mind boggles.

T

TunisiaMoon

We have all seen how corrupt and influential these dictators are. I don't believe any of their mumbo jumbo speel. They are all as crazy as Gaddafi and friggin nora he's as mad as a box of frogs that one!!! (must go now and drug all my children) :ben:

Caramel

Clairvoyante !!
Perhaps thats how Gaddafi will make his escape to save face. He may put himself into a coma, although he already looks comatosed. This one is completely and utterly mad and I fear he will use chemical weapons on his people. He is going nowhere and he doesnt want to give up power, although it is clear that his reign is nearly over. I fear bloodshed before this comes to an end. I hope the people dont give up as they have come too far and lost so much already. Cant turn back now. All those mercenaries should be caught and sent back over the border to Chad.

Bella

Google Queen
it would only take a few bullets to solve these problems.....

Caramel

Clairvoyante !!
it would only take a few bullets to solve these problems.....
Yes, right. I hope the protestors get some like they did in that other city they now hold - begins with the letter B. Many more will be hurt but sometimes in a revolution you suffer to gain freedom - pity though.

T

TunisiaMoon

I definitely don't think Mad affi will give up that easily. I agree with you Caramel about the chemical weapons. These scumbags are capable of ANYTHING. There will be a hell of a lot more bloodshed to come before Maddafi is either dead or gives up :huh:

DragonZest

TLR tester
I was watching the channel 4 news earlier, they were interviewing a Tunisian man who had been living in Libya but had just came over the Tunisian border to get away from it all. He had bruises all over him because he said that militia had tortured him saying it was all the Tunisian and Egyptians fault that this was happening....

Caramel

Clairvoyante !!
I definitely don't think Mad affi will give up that easily. I agree with you Caramel about the chemical weapons. These scumbags are capable of ANYTHING. There will be a hell of a lot more bloodshed to come before Maddafi is either dead or gives up :huh:
Totally agree - I fear the worse but it will come good in the end. They just cannot give up now. Its going to get more and more difficult as other countries in that region follow but the dictators are learning from ones like Gaddafi or Maddafi (I like that name). I also fear the other countries that dont start now will allow the dictators time to think strategy and clamp down on demonstrators before they even start. We shall all have to wait and see.

Caramel

Clairvoyante !!
I was watching the channel 4 news earlier, they were interviewing a Tunisian man who had been living in Libya but had just came over the Tunisian border to get away from it all. He had bruises all over him because he said that militia had tortured him saying it was all the Tunisian and Egyptians fault that this was happening....
They would say that, wouldnt they? Have to blame someone.

BrownGirl

Moderator And Queen of Summaries
Staff member
Totally agree - I fear the worse but it will come good in the end. They just cannot give up now. Its going to get more and more difficult as other countries in that region follow but the dictators are learning from ones like Gaddafi or Maddafi (I like that name). I also fear the other countries that dont start now will allow the dictators time to think strategy and clamp down on demonstrators before they even start. We shall all have to wait and see.
They can't and won't give it up now. As someone said on the news at the weekend in Bahrain, it started in Tunisia - the people in all of these countries have lost their fear and once lost, that fear cannot be reinjected. Lets just hope Madaffi continues to lose support before he does something crazy.

scarlett rose

Tunisia asks Saudi Arabia: Is Ben Ali dead?
(AP) – 3 days ago
TUNIS, Tunisia (AP) — Tunisia's government asked Saudi Arabia on Sunday whether its exiled former president Zine El Abidine Ben Ali is dead, and demanded his extradition if he is still alive, as thousands of people protested in the capital demanding that the caretaker government resigns.
The 74-year-old Ben Ali fled to Saudi Arabia on Jan. 14, following a massive popular uprising that ended his 23-year rule and prompted a wave of protest against other autocratic leaders across the Arab world.
Tunisia's Foreign Ministry said in a statement it had asked Saudi Arabia to provide information "as soon as possible" whether the ousted president's health has deteriorated or "the possibility of his death" in the wake of news reports on the matter in recent days.
The statement, reported by the official news agency TAP, also asked Saudi Arabia to extradite Ben Ali following "new charges against the ousted president for his implication in severe crimes."
Those charges included an alleged role that Ben Ali played in "the commissioning of and incitement to murder and the provocation of discord among the people in driving them to kill one another," TAP said.
A United Nations mission has said at least 219 people were killed in the weeks of unrest — including dozens who died in prison fires — leading up to Ben Ali's escape. A women's group said in a report that security forces have raped, tortured and robbed people during the uprising.
The new charges come on top of claims by investigators looking into allegations that Ben Ali and his family held bank accounts and real estate in several countries aimed to launder money obtained illegally.
The call for extradition comes a day after a state TV jolted many Tunisians with a report showing investigators unearthing what they claimed were troves of jewels, cash and other riches in a secret safe tucked behind a bookshelf in a former Ben Ali palace.
The television report showed investigators poring over tightly wrapped stacks of high-denomination dollars, euros and other foreign currencies, and showcased an array of diamond- and emerald-studded necklaces and other jewelry in finely crafted wooden cases at the palace in the posh Tunis suburb of Sidi Bousaid.
The report said the find is a result of an investigation led by Abdelfattah Amor, a respected Tunisian law professor, into alleged corruption and other abuses of the Ben Ali regime.
Amor told the program that the value of the "fortune" would be evaluated among the members of his investigative panel and state notaries, and would be kept in the safes of Tunisia's central bank.
"After the legal procedures, it will have to be returned to the Tunisian people," he said.
Also Sunday, several thousand protesters swarmed on the governmental palace to demand the ouster of the provisional government headed by Prime Minister Mohamed Ghannouchi — a longtime ally of Ben Ali.
Ghannouchi has said he will leave power after shepherding Tunisia through the transition period toward democracy — including elections to give the country new leadership in place of the caretaker government.
Police briefly fired warning shots to disperse the crowd.
Some demonstrators said the march was aimed to show discontent over police's harsh measures against protesters last month in Tunis, and express concerns that the Tunisian revolution could be co-opted by the old guard.

alAzima

Staff member
Yes, right. I hope the protestors get some like they did in that other city they now hold - begins with the letter B. Many more will be hurt but sometimes in a revolution you suffer to gain freedom - pity though.

BenGhazi

Caramel

Clairvoyante !!
They can't and won't give it up now. As someone said on the news at the weekend in Bahrain, it started in Tunisia - the people in all of these countries have lost their fear and once lost, that fear cannot be reinjected. Lets just hope Madaffi continues to lose support before he does something crazy.
Dont know why they are blaming Tunisia. All/or most those countries are ruled by dictators and the people in that region all feel the same way about these rulers. Blame Tunisia because its people were brave enough to make the first move - yeah right. And wasnt it successful? We now have to wait and see whether democracy will prevail. Only time will tell but I hope the people who died will not have died for nothing.

Top Bottom