Welcome to TLR

Beware of recruiting tactics and Facebook love bombing

Starstylist

Junior Rat Expert
Sometimes when a rat already has his permanent residency and feels he’s in the clear, he may seek out girls for the purpose of using them to help bring people he knows back home over to his new country of residence. I don’t mean paying a girl to do this either. I mean by seducing her, telling her he loves her, playing the same mind games rats play, making promises that if you do this for him, he will marry you after his friend/brother’s residence is secured and the divorce takes place. They aren’t always looking for money and a visa for themselves. If you start getting friend requests and messages from people he knows, it could mean he has given them your information. Also be aware if he has posted you all over his Facebook. This should be normal behavior to post your significant other but they do it to make their friends back home jealous or even to advertise you to them. You won’t notice this because it appears he’s so into you by posting lots of pictures and sweet status updates but overtime you’ll feel like nothing but a trophy when your relationship isn’t as good as it appears online. They likely have other accounts where you are nonexistent. In extreme cases, they may blackmail you into doing what they want especially if they have nude photos and videos or other compromising information on you. They will often study your profile and learn who your friends and family are so they know who to send those nude photos to. He may also start adding your female friends from fb as well. I haven’t seen anyone address this issue so I hope it helps!

nortont284

Sometimes when a rat already has his permanent residency and feels he’s in the clear, he may seek out girls for the purpose of using them to help bring people he knows back home over to his new country of residence. I don’t mean paying a girl to do this either. I mean by seducing her, telling her he loves her, playing the same mind games rats play, making promises that if you do this for him, he will marry you after his friend/brother’s residence is secured and the divorce takes place. They aren’t always looking for money and a visa for themselves. If you start getting friend requests and messages from people he knows, it could mean he has given them your information. Also be aware if he has posted you all over his Facebook. This should be normal behavior to post your significant other but they do it to make their friends back home jealous or even to advertise you to them. You won’t notice this because it appears he’s so into you by posting lots of pictures and sweet status updates but overtime you’ll feel like nothing but a trophy when your relationship isn’t as good as it appears online. They likely have other accounts where you are nonexistent. In extreme cases, they may blackmail you into doing what they want especially if they have nude photos and videos or other compromising information on you. They will often study your profile and learn who your friends and family are so they know who to send those nude photos to. He may also start adding your female friends from fb as well. I haven’t seen anyone address this issue so I hope it helps!
Also they hide their friend list so that you can’t tell if they have added your friends

Starstylist

Junior Rat Expert
Also they hide their friend list so that you can’t tell if they have added your friends
Yes! Also check his privacy settings on his posts that include you. If it’s set to ‘custom’ instead of ‘public’ or ‘friends only’ then he may only want to show you off to certain people on his friends list and hide you from others. This is especially a bad sign if all his other posts without you are not on custom setting.

Candyshop

Rat Expert
My rat has remembered all things I told him from day one. He copied all my friends, family members and colleagues from my profiles, while we were still 'good'. He pushed me to show him things on videocall and wasnt aware he can screen recording it. First he was only blackmailing me with these when I wanted to go out and he was too jealous.

Then everything started when I wanted to break up. He would tell all stories that were hurting me to my friends and family. Then it was threats or fake screenshots to scare me that he posted it, but after weeks when he realized he can’t reach me, he sent my videos to everybody as well.

One would think he did it to get a revenge but nope. He knew I’d get angry and come back talk to him, which I eventually did because I couldn’t handle the pressure anymore. I was sick from stomach whenever my dad started talking to me, because I thought somebody from family contacted him.

This idiot was basically blackmailing everybody that if they don’t push me to contact him he will send the videos to my father, and they not knowing they participating in bullying, would text me that i have to do something.

I had to change my number first time in 16 years, I don’t trust people in my circle, because many fell for his game and some men were even angry because he got their numbers and harrassed them too. He made a profile with my name and picture and started fights with my friends or acquaintances, club owners and workers so they don’t let me in or sent them my videos so I am ashamed not to go there.

He basically started living my life and acting like he is here and is obsessed with my city, bars, clubs, everything. He threatens he will show up here and he will rape me or whatever.

my friends often told me to do the same to him but i never wanted to lower myself on his level or waste the time, but when I unblocked him and he was acting like nothing happened and he loves me and all bad that happened is my fault because he said 'dont block me'. That’s when I finally created profile and posted things he tells me and sends me and added his circle. He said he won’t talk to me anymore if I take it down.

It was worst five months in my life that bring health issues, weight gain from constant stress overeating, nightmares...not worth it for this one week fun from time to time in Tunisia.

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
My rat has remembered all things I told him from day one. He copied all my friends, family members and colleagues from my profiles, while we were still 'good'. He pushed me to show him things on videocall and wasnt aware he can screen recording it. First he was only blackmailing me with these when I wanted to go out and he was too jealous.

Then everything started when I wanted to break up. He would tell all stories that were hurting me to my friends and family. Then it was threats or fake screenshots to scare me that he posted it, but after weeks when he realized he can’t reach me, he sent my videos to everybody as well.

One would think he did it to get a revenge but nope. He knew I’d get angry and come back talk to him, which I eventually did because I couldn’t handle the pressure anymore. I was sick from stomach whenever my dad started talking to me, because I thought somebody from family contacted him.

This idiot was basically blackmailing everybody that if they don’t push me to contact him he will send the videos to my father, and they not knowing they participating in bullying, would text me that i have to do something.

I had to change my number first time in 16 years, I don’t trust people in my circle, because many fell for his game and some men were even angry because he got their numbers and harrassed them too. He made a profile with my name and picture and started fights with my friends or acquaintances, club owners and workers so they don’t let me in or sent them my videos so I am ashamed not to go there.

He basically started living my life and acting like he is here and is obsessed with my city, bars, clubs, everything. He threatens he will show up here and he will rape me or whatever.

my friends often told me to do the same to him but i never wanted to lower myself on his level or waste the time, but when I unblocked him and he was acting like nothing happened and he loves me and all bad that happened is my fault because he said 'dont block me'. That’s when I finally created profile and posted things he tells me and sends me and added his circle. He said he won’t talk to me anymore if I take it down.

It was worst five months in my life that bring health issues, weight gain from constant stress overeating, nightmares...not worth it for this one week fun from time to time in Tunisia.
Sorry to say that but what a scumbag. I am very sorry this happend to you. I can not even imagine what i would do if somebody did that to me. So embarrasing. I hope you can just cut him loose and then deal with whatever he does afterwards. I mean some people ...the ones worth keeping as friends will understand. We are all human and you are not the first one to have an intimate relationship even if online. Just he sounds like a complete lowlife and if you keep him around this will never end for you and all the stress can do serious damage to your health. It did to mine. Its just not worth it. I would just talk to people you care about first and tell them what happened so it will not be so much of a shock if he sends more pictures. Or you can ask them to block messages from strangers so that he can not send anything .

Candyshop

Rat Expert
Sorry to say that but what a scumbag. I am very sorry this happend to you. I can not even imagine what i would do if somebody did that to me. So embarrasing. I hope you can just cut him loose and then deal with whatever he does afterwards. I mean some people ...the ones worth keeping as friends will understand. We are all human and you are not the first one to have an intimate relationship even if online. Just he sounds like a complete lowlife and if you keep him around this will never end for you and all the stress can do serious damage to your health. It did to mine. Its just not worth it. I would just talk to people you care about first and tell them what happened so it will not be so much of a shock if he sends more pictures. Or you can ask them to block messages from strangers so that he can not send anything .
I know, I read your story and it was very sad. Before I changed my number I had an anxiety from phone, even when a phone rang at work.
I was at some center for women and they said to me to warn everybody, however some people still believed it is my profile or the men were acting brave and thinking they will terrify the rat. Of course they only made things worse.

There was point he started telling people to contact me, because I am in hospital, or that my father died and I started receiving plenty of condolences. That was really sick. Trust me, you can’t blame people not blocking him, because no one here is that sick.

my situation was a bit worse because I am very private about my relationships, i dont tell people or family about my boyfriends. My father is from middle east and he send it to all my cousins and he suggested my father should kill me in an honor killing.

I was scared for long time to write here anything, because every weakness you show here, they will use it against you.

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
I know, I read your story and it was very sad. Before I changed my number I had an anxiety from phone, even when a phone rang at work.
I was at some center for women and they said to me to warn everybody, however some people still believed it is my profile or the men were acting brave and thinking they will terrify the rat. Of course they only made things worse.

There was point he started telling people to contact me, because I am in hospital, or that my father died and I started receiving plenty of condolences. That was really sick. Trust me, you can’t blame people not blocking him, because no one here is that sick.

my situation was a bit worse because I am very private about my relationships, i dont tell people or family about my boyfriends. My father is from middle east and he send it to all my cousins and he suggested my father should kill me in an honor killing.

I was scared for long time to write here anything, because every weakness you show here, they will use it against you.
I am so sorry..really this is sad. I just think that if that jerk sends any photos to your family then they will know. Maybe you could contact police or somebody who could do something legally to stop him. I mean he is blackmailing you. What do you plan to do?

Poppy

Major Ratslayer

It sounds exactly as my story with my Moroccan ex rat. He did contact my family members to tell them I am a whore and I should die. He hacked my phone and laptop with the help of his cousin. He could Access my photos, messages, passwords and could even listen to my conversations on Messenger. Very scary. He was getting pleasure in making comments about my conversations. He also hacked several of my family members and even had Access to my stepmother's bank account. Luckily the bank blocked the money transfer he had tried to make.

nortont284

Yes! Also check his privacy settings on his posts that include you. If it’s set to ‘custom’ instead of ‘public’ or ‘friends only’ then he may only want to show you off to certain people on his friends list and hide you from others. This is especially a bad sign if all his other posts without you are not on custom setting.
How can you see that?

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
On each of his posts on FB, under his name on the top, you’ll see a logo. This logo indicates the audience who can see his post. If the logo is the earth, it means the post is public and everyone can see it. If it’s two people, it means only his Fb friends can view it. If the logo looks like a flower, it indicates that he customized the list of people who can view this one post. You can see it but it can’t be seen by everyone in his list of friends.

Wannahelpu

Ratslayer
I am so sorry..really this is sad. I just think that if that jerk sends any photos to your family then they will know. Maybe you could contact police or somebody who could do something legally to stop him. I mean he is blackmailing you. What do you plan to do?
I have already gathered a lot of evidence about the "my" rat is, about all the crimes and abuses he has committed. If he comes to threaten me with anything, or if he does me any harm, he will be the first to be sought by the police.

Poppy

Major Ratslayer
I have already gathered a lot of evidence about the "my" rat is, about all the crimes and abuses he has committed. If he comes to threaten me with anything, or if he does me any harm, he will be the first to be sought by the police.
My rat has been doing the same for the last 3 years. Threatening, saying that his Friends who live in France will come to my house and hit me. Luckily, he doesn't have my physical address. He did ask me once if I could give him my address because he wanted to send me manuscrite letters. What an asshole.

Wannahelpu

Ratslayer
[QUOTE = "Poppy, postagem: 325553, membro: 37734"]
Meu rato tem feito o mesmo nos últimos 3 anos. Ameaçador, dizendo que seus amigos que moram na França virão à minha casa e me baterão. Felizmente, ele não tem meu endereço físico. Ele me perguntou uma vez se eu poderia lhe dar meu endereço, porque ele queria me enviar cartas manuscritas. Que idiota.
[/QUOTE]
If the threat has improved, you can go to the police to report it immediately. In their world there are no "laws", only those contained in the Koran. However, he is not dealing with a woman in the Middle East! Please go to the police and file a police report.