bit help plz.

Discussion in 'Ben's Corner' started by irish_1983, Sep 5, 2011.

1. irish_1983

irish_1983 Active Member

hiya am 28 year old single girl from ireland. wanting to travel to sousse in tunisa next month ocotber i am goin be travelling alone as my m8s r working and i really need get awy in the sun i am wondering will it be safe for me to go into the town and clubs and stuff alone? also am haveing bit trouble with some tunisan guy i met online he got my photos and everything and wanted me to send him money and i didnt and not he been threating me he lives in jendboua and said he popular man and if i come there he hurt me but have alread book and piad my ticket so am tryin not to let this guy annoy me just cuz i wont send him money and he let his mum see me on cam have had to change me number cuz of him. i have 1 friend form tunisa who have been freinds with for 6 months but he lives in same town as this guy and i dont wanna meet him in case he know this guy and i end up getting hurt please help am sooo confused on what to do thxs x

2. Ninja Girl

Ninja Girl Active Member

hi irish im from ireland 2 im not sure about sousse only ever been to hammamet plz be careful when u go there.there are alot of good people on this site that will give u loads of good advice and will be able to advise u on what to do plz take there advice seriously they are very wise women take care

3. irish_1983

irish_1983 Active Member

ok thank you what is hammet like? i can alway mybe travel upto there if it safer... x

4. Ninja Girl

Ninja Girl Active Member

hammamet is nice but is full of love rats 2 so just be very careful especially going on your own xx

5. CUDDLE

CUDDLE Well-Known Member

Hello irish_1983,

I dont think you need worry too much about the guy from Jendouba, he is not likey to travel down to sousse to see you, it is quite a long distance away.

Stay in a good hotel and you will be safe enough. However as a lady on your own you will get lots of attention from men there and it can be very frightening when you are on your own as they can be very persistent.

I would not go to bars /clubs on my own. You have two options i can see......either go somewhere just as warm but safer and more relaxing (unless you are not bothered about a lot of male attention) or make friends with other people at your hotel and hang out with them.

Hammamet is known for a lot of love rats as rosie has said, so i do not think you would be any better off there either.

marylou likes this.
  6. irish_1983

irish_1983 Active Member

hiya thxs about the advice am into my clubbing though so as long as they take no for answer then that be ok lol but what place is better for nightlife sousse or hammet??

7. irish_1983

irish_1983 Active Member

oh anywere were there karoke or irish bar lol thxs

8. roxy

roxy Well-Known Member

I've been to both places. Port El Kantoui near Sousse is lovely.
    I don't rate the night life in Hammamet that much.

9. lucy jane

lucy jane Active Member

hi i stayed near sousse at hotel houda , i went to the night clubs , bora bora and metalika i think it called are good night clubs but no way would i even think about going there on my own its asking for trouble if you do speacial when drinking in involved take care xx

Casper, CUDDLE and marylou like this.
  10. irish_1983

irish_1983 Active Member

i dont drink thxs for ur concern i know but it one of the countrys have always wanted to go to and everyone i know like keep letting me down and wont go anywere for hoilday so i guessed my best bet was to go away myself then i spoke to someone else and they said tunisa ok to go alone as long as u dont start any trouble so dont know.. as have booked it already mybe i hope make freinds there x

11. nicki1001

nicki1001 Member

I think it is ok to go alone as long as you are a strong character and have your wits about you. Of course like anywhere dont walk about at night by your self gets taxis. I would be happy to go out alone and I have a few times when I have been meeting friends and waiting for them yes you can get hassle but I find a firm no usually does the trick but I am sure a lot of people have different views on this!!

12. nicki1001

nicki1001 Member

and anyway if you stay in a hotel you might make some friends and be able to go out with them

lucy jane likes this.
  13. marylou

marylou Tigerlils favourite

hi irish_1983 its got to be sousse for the nighlife just watch them little rats waiting for you... xx

lucy jane likes this.
  14. marylou

yeh cuddles shes got no chance of the jendouba possies coming to sousse :eek:

Casper, Sarra and CUDDLE like this.
  15. marilyna

marilyna Chocolate Connoisseur

Hi Irish,

Welcome to the forum. I have travelled to Sousse on my own several times, you will be okay, just be prepared for hassle. A firm no helps, but sometimes the men just ignore it. I never went to clubs on my own. I was always with friends. However, I have friends who have gone to clubs on their own, and it was okay.I walked down the corniche every day in Sousse, and ate in restaurants either on my own, or with friends. The man who is threatening you online can't do anything to you, make sure you stay in a hotel. As Cuddle has said get prepared for lots of attention. It is full on! You will probably meet lots of other people travelling on their own. I did, and you may want to hang out with them or not. Sousse also has its share of love rats.

16. scarlett rose

scarlett rose Well-Known Member

personally I think Sousse is worse than Hammamett its a bigger city more sleazy hotels and rats hanging around them..I was once asked by a rat if he wanted me to be his guide as he saw me alone in sousse and I went to hire a car he kind of stalked me the whole time in the end i went to the police and reported him he took my phone and nicked ma sim card but he did it so quickly i didnt realise ..anyway I got it back plus a new sim card that he had bought after the police paid him a visit ..Port el kantaoui is nicer more relaxing but I found sousse sleazy especially the night clubs full of drunken people out of control and of course the stalking rats waiting to pounce ..you will have to have your wits about you as it is busy and many visitors especially other tunisians go there for their holidays ...if you book in a decent hotel then all well and good but beware the cheaper hotels on the sea front not advisable ..there are crazy people in sousse personally I prefer Hammamet because its more relaxed and because I know every inch of it I been there so many times now even the old man who sells the miniature bongo drums says hi to me also Ali and his brother who own the bags and souvenir shops in the high street and market place ..but its like any big city or town you visit keep your eyes open and wits about you ..problems arise when many people get blotto and do not realise what they are doing ..then the opportunists will strike ..if you go alone wear dark shades and maybe cover your hair if its blonde so you do not attract attention lol but as you say you do not drink Im sure you will be ok it is a shock when you first go alone all the attention ..as some Tunes think single female travellers go for SEX or looking for sex its one of their misconceptions about single female travellers ..but having said that I have witnessed young drunken english girls /women making a complete ass of themselves and felt very embarrassed to be english...just because in england mostly a woman can frequent a BAR alone and noone bats an eyelid not so in Tunisia or greece or other countries just remember cos you can do stuff here its not always acceptable in Tunisia as it is a muslim country and they frown upon certain women who are shall we say of a libertine nature ..extroverted ..adventurous and formidable ...if you are worried register with british embassy when you get there on their locate website and get a few contact numbers of police stations etc ..DO buy a tunisian sim and put it in your phone much cheaper than using an english sim and phone you can buy one for 10 tds =five pounds and top up for 5 tds it lasts for ages..good luck!!

17. irish_1983

irish_1983 Active Member

what u mean lol?

18. marylou

meaning its so so so far away :D

19. irish_1983

irish_1983 Active Member

ahhh good good lol :)

20. WouldI

WouldI Guest

You sound like UK girl :D

DragonZest and marilyna like this.
  21. irish_1983

irish_1983 Active Member

ohh sorry that my freind she is in same stiution as me so i told her bout this site and she joined though she has 2 men and from same town after her me only worried bout one lol she mad header her xme and her men are from same town so am thinking do they all know each other lol

22. marilyna

marilyna Chocolate Connoisseur

Here we go .

23. WouldI

WouldI Guest

Did you both go to the same school? You should name and shame it :D

tigerlil, DragonZest and BrownGirl like this.
  24. irish_1983

irish_1983 Active Member

what??? sorry should i not habe told my m8 bout this site??

25. BrownGirl

BrownGirl Moderator And Queen of Summaries Staff Member

:D hahaha WouldI, took the words right out of my mouth!!