Can i Trust Him

Discussion in 'RAT-DAR' started by mandy21, Feb 20, 2010.

1. mandy21
    Chat With Me

mandy21 New Member

I have been with my tunisian b/f for 7 months and he wants to get visa to visit me in England but how do i know if he love rat or not his name is Majdi he lives in Sousse does any1 know him please help i dont know what to do

2. Welcome Mandy, only you can answer that question whether you think he is a rat. Has he ever asked you for money or given you any idea to doubt yr relationship?

3. mandy21
    Chat With Me

mandy21 New Member

i have sent him small amounts of money but nothing major and when i go out there i stay in his appartment and he pays for everything but his phone rings all time when i there and he goes outside to take call says its because he will get in trouble if people hear me at his appartment when we not married but how do i know he not talking to other girls i was cheated on by my english husband of 13 years and dont want it to happen again

4. Question: What does your gut instinct tell you?

With yr husband cheating on before, that will always make you wary of other men whether be Tunisian or English. You could post a picture of him on here and see if anyone knows him, or next time that you are out there just ask him straight out who he was talking to and see what he says, go through his phone if you must.

In regards to a vistors visa, only apply if yr 100% certain that he is genuine and that you want him here, do not be pushed into something that you have reservations about. Also visitors visa's are hard to get.

I am sure whatever you decide you will do what's best for you.

Kam (f)

5. mandy21
    Chat With Me

mandy21 New Member

thankyou can you also help me with regards to visitors visa where do i apply as i have looked at all the embassy websites and am really confused

6. lozza
    Chat With Me

lozza Well-Known Member

Well Mandy I think one of the major warning signs to look out for is taking calls outside. When my now husband was just my bf never ever did he take a call in private he used to leave his phone with me to use or look through if I so wished. I would have been very suspicious if he went outside to answer. We lived together for over 1 year and we werent married so I dont understand the problem. I would be very wary if I were you. I hope it all works out for you. xxxx

7. I am not sure as I applied for a settlement visa not a vistors for K, but I am sure that there is enough information on t.com and plenty of people will be able to help you. But they are very hard to obtain.

8. lozza
    Chat With Me

lozza Well-Known Member

Does Madji work. It just seems unusual to me that he has his own apartment and he can afford to pay for everything when go to visit him. I really dont want to sound negative but just be careful. Do not rush into anything especially with the visa. xxxx

9. mandy21
    Chat With Me

mandy21 New Member

Hi yes he does work and doesnt really cost that much as he cooks for me and we stay in and watch tv and only go out if we go to coffee shop which is really cheap x

10. Hi Mandy

Welcome to TLR (f)

Only you can judge whether he is a rat.......but the fact you have come here shows you are unsure about this relationship......

As Lozza has said, taking phone calls outside is not a good sign...There is nothing wrong with you being in his apartment, so there should be no reason for him to say people must not know you are there..:huh:..he should be proud you are there and want to show you off!! (f)

Not sure how many of the other threads you have had chance to read, but asking for money or a visa after such a short period of time is slightly suspicious....especially as he has his own apartment :blush:

I guess only time will tell, we are all here for you no matter how it all pans out.... :D

In the meantime, you may find you get more of a response if you can provide a bit more info about him, and possibly a photo (as we all know a name means nothing!)

Take care & good luck! (h) xxxx

11. lozza
    Chat With Me

lozza Well-Known Member

I agree completely. As I said my husband and I rented a house together for 1 year before we were married. We never had a problem at all. We are not here to judge you but like Becky has said you must be having doubts. Dont rush it. xxxxx

12. I always think that if someone is having doubts something has been said or something has happened for that person to have these doubts.

If you think that something is not right then most likely it isn't.

13. pammy
    Chat With Me

pammy Active Member

just wait a bit longer,there is no rush,and 7 months is not long,

14. Veritas
    Chat With Me

Veritas The Contessa

Hi Pammy,:) these posts are from Feb 2010! ;)

15. tunisian guy
    Chat With Me

tunisian guy Member

Ok listen I'm Tunisian.if u really want the truth? Tell him that u had enough of England. U want to live with him in Tunisia. And u will not care about money , u just want him. Tell him that the bank will take everything from u a d u have no money now. I will see from his reaction. If he really loves u he will accept anything for but if he changes then leave him. He wants ur money.

16. mezoo
    Chat With Me

mezoo The Decider

good idea

17. tunisian guy
    Chat With Me

tunisian guy Member

It's ok. Just don't be afraid from the result. If he just want money he will find excuses. Don't worry.

DragonZest, NetNiet, Pearla and 3 others like this.
  18. tigerlil
    Chat With Me

tigerlil Moderator Staff Member

Good Advice!!

Kristy likes this.
  19. You should only trust him when he isn't speaking :)

Browning, marilyna and marylou like this.
  20. marylou
    Chat With Me

marylou Tigerlils favourite

yeh sue but he can still lie through his eyes :Geek:

Midnight sun and Browning like this.
  21. No use if his jaw is smashed, suppose he could get his crayons out and draw pictures of a purse being opened and money taken out, but it wouldn't have the same effect :)

namaste and catwoman1 like this.