Welcome to TLR

Chafik Abassi

Tren1983

Back in March I went to Sousse in Tunisia & stayed at the Royal Kenz Hotel.
Chafik Abassi was a chef there and he approached me and asked me to have coffee with him. At the time I was very vulnerable as my anti depressants wasn't working so I said yes.
We met outside the hotel when he finished work and he took me to the sunflower cafe for a coffee.
He asked me if I had children and I said yes. I asked him if he had children and his answer was "no they are too much responsibility"
I met him that evening at the hard Rock Cafe and that's when I had to pay for his drinks aswell as my own.
We met every day for a coffee after work and then went to la mandra that evening where I ended up paying for his drinks aswell as his best friend.
He took me back to this apartment which he said I had to pay for (but didn't pay for it in the end thank god) I spent the night with him and the next morning he went to work.
On our last night I got him to post a picture of us on his instagram only for it to disappear the next day. I asked him why he deleted it and he swore that he didn't... That's when I started to feel something wasn't right.
I went back home and a month later he told me that he was married to a girl from Belgium and had a child who is 5 years. He said the last time he saw her was after they got married and that he never saw her again or heard from her. I thought that was quite weird as they had been dating since 2011. He wouldn't put that he was in a relationship with me on Facebook either and said it was because he was waiting for his divorce to be finalised....another red flag!
He was very controlling, didn't like me wearing revealing tops and didn't like me having male friends on my Facebook. He was very secretive and he began to be rude and quite nasty.... Completely different to the person I first met.
Anyway to cut a long story short, I done my research and found out that he never split up with his wife and was still having contact with her. This made me feel cheap and dirty as I have never slept with a married man before! I felt deceived and disguisted.
If you come across this man steer clear as he is only after one thing... A visa. What is even more sickening is that all his family knew this and acted like they didn't know.
I will never be going back to Tunisia again. Worse experience of my life. Screenshot_20201117_200502_com.whatsapp.jpg Screenshot_20201117_200526_com.whatsapp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Chafik Abassi was a chef there and he approached me and asked me to have coffee with him. At the time I was very vulnerable as my anti depressants wasn't working so I said yes.
We met outside the hotel when he finished work and he took me to the sunflower cafe for a coffee.
He asked me if I had children and I said yes. I asked him if he had children and his answer was "no they are too much responsibility"
I met him that evening at the hard Rock Cafe and that's when I had to pay for his drinks aswell as my own.
We met every day for a coffee after work and then went to la mandra that evening where I ended up paying for his drinks aswell as his best friend.
He took me back to this apartment which he said I had to pay for (but didn't pay for it in the end thank god) I spent the night with him and the next morning he went to work.
On our last night I got him to post a picture of us on his instagram only for it to disappear the next day. I asked him why he deleted it and he swore that he didn't... That's when I started to feel something wasn't right.
I went back home and a month later he told me that he was married to a girl from Belgium and had a child who is 5 years. He said the last time he saw her was after they got married and that he never saw her again or heard from her. I thought that was quite weird as they had been dating since 2011. He wouldn't put that he was in a relationship with me on Facebook either and said it was because he was waiting for his divorce to be finalised....another red flag!
He was very controlling, didn't like me wearing revealing tops and didn't like me having male friends on my Facebook. He was very secretive and he began to be rude and quite nasty.... Completely different to the person I first met.
Anyway to cut a long story short, I done my research and found out that he never split up with his wife and was still having contact with her. This made me feel cheap and dirty as I have never slept with a married man before! I felt deceived and disguisted.
If you come across this man steer clear as he is only after one thing... A visa. What is even more sickening is that all his family knew this and acted like they didn't know.
I will never be going back to Tunisia again. Worse experience of my life.
Hi Tren1983 welcome to the forum. What a lying deceiving rat they really are a special bread. Sorry you met such a man you must be feeling quite upset finding out all his lies. Most of the families know what their son's are doing as they hope to gain from it in the future. Sad to say you are not the only one and you won't be the last either. I hope you used protection when you had sex with him as STDs are rife there with these rats. Is it you on the foto's? If yes maybe an Admin @MH007 can blur your face out of the picture as you are a victim of the rat. Even sadder to see his wife from Belgium is being betrayed by her husband. I hope you are not to hurt to much luckily you found out early he is a rat. Take care of yourself xxxx

Tren1983

Hi Tren1983 welcome to the forum. What a lying deceiving rat they really are a special bread. Sorry you met such a man you must be feeling quite upset finding out all his lies. Most of the families know what their son's are doing as they hope to gain from it in the future. Sad to say you are not the only one and you won't be the last either. I hope you used protection when you had sex with him as STDs are rife there with these rats. Is it you on the foto's? If yes maybe an Admin @MH007 can blur your face out of the picture as you are a victim of the rat. Even sadder to see his wife from Belgium is being betrayed by her husband. I hope you are not to hurt to much luckily you found out early he is a rat. Take care of yourself xxxx
Hi, yes that's me in the pictures. That would be great if you can blur my face. Thank you xxxx

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Huge red flag you paying for his crap! And he must have been charming because he certainly is not much to look at! Glad you got out as quickly as you did!

confuseddotcom

Major Ratslayer
Tren he caught you at a vulnerable time, as most of them do, and also paying for a man is not accepted in Arab culture, not even drinks, especially during the “courting” phase. Nor is staying in an apartment together. Both ethically and religion wise. Of course these men tell us it’s “ok” and with the sun and sea and all the eye candy it’s easy to get caught up in the heat of the moment. Arab (well, all) men like to chase so take this as a lesson learned. As Sabrina said he is not, well, great to look at so dust him off your shoulders and wipe him from your memory.

Tren1983

Huge red flag you paying for his crap! And he must have been charming because he certainly is not much to look at! Glad you got out as quickly as you did!
Yeah luckily I broke up with him in May as I didn't like his attitude and secretive behaviour. Just glad I finally know the truth and can have closure. Just feel really bad for his wife and child as she seems to be in denial at the moment and needs proof and wants to ask questions. I really feel for her, especially if he manages to get away with it

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Yeah luckily I broke up with him in May as I didn't like his attitude and secretive behaviour. Just glad I finally know the truth and can have closure. Just feel really bad for his wife and child as she seems to be in denial at the moment and needs proof and wants to ask questions. I really feel for her, especially if he manages to get away with it
Unfortunately this may not be the first time for this chump, maybe her defense to deal with this unfaithfulness but sooner or later she will need to have enough respect for herself to realize what is real and what isn’t, yes I feel bad for her also but glad you didn’t get too involved with him