Check if married

Ladyk

Hi all, this is probably a stupid question, is there anyway of checking if a Tunisian man is married or has been married ? I have a sneaky feeling mine is hiding something and want to do a bit of digging if I can.
Any help would be extremely welcome , Thankyou x

Anna86

Hi all, this is probably a stupid question, is there anyway of checking if a Tunisian man is married or has been married ? I have a sneaky feeling mine is hiding something and want to do a bit of digging if I can.
Hello @Ladyk
I'm sure there is someone here who can help and advise you
I'm also a new member here and the advice and support I have been given has been exceptional x

Big Bang Theory

Administrator
If you can get a copy of his birth certificate it will state whether or not he is married but I don't think it says if he is divorced.

You might be able to order it online here https://www.etatcivil.gov.tn/Madania/web/indexen but if not you could ask someone in Tunisia to get a copy for you from his local town office.

Big Bang Theory

Administrator
If you can get a copy of his birth certificate it will state whether or not he is married but I don't think it says if he is divorced.

You might be able to order it online here https://www.etatcivil.gov.tn/Madania/web/indexen but if not you could ask someone in Tunisia to get a copy for you from his local town office.
Sorry, I just checked and you can only get it online if you are married to him, but I do know of women who have managed to get copies from the local town offices when they needed to check if they are divorced.

mezoo

The Decider
dump him right away, no matter what. if you feel this way now, it will never ever get better for you with him. read your own post...

Meteorite

Junior Rat Expert
If he is married his wife's name will be on his birth certificate - ask him to show it to you xx

Laura2014

Staff member
I had doubts about mine too as he wore a silver ring in his wedding finger which he said was for 'decoration'. But I could not apply to a copy if his Birth Cert unless I was related to him. Very frustrating that this info is available on line but not accessible.

Big Bang Theory

Administrator
I had doubts about mine too as he wore a silver ring in his wedding finger which he said was for 'decoration'. But I could not apply to a copy if his Birth Cert unless I was related to him. Very frustrating that this info is available on line but not accessible.
Did you ever find out if he was married ?

Big Bang Theory

Administrator
But Ladyk on here and" my man has done 8 weeks" are the same :confused::confused::confused:
Yes they are.

But I was asking Laura2014 if she ever found out if her rat was married .....

Laura2014

Staff member
Yes they are.

But I was asking Laura2014 if she ever found out if her rat was married .....
No, I never found out. Will always wonder though. I did look into getting a Private check done but it was a lot of money and would not have shown a fiancé or girlfriend.

jcd7

Hello @Ladyk
I'm sure there is someone here who can help and advise you
I'm also a new member here and the advice and support I have been given has been exceptional x
Hi guys. I was married to Tunisian man year 2006 in Shariah court Abu Dhabi UAE. Last year he disappeared and left me and our son. I am in the Philippines now, he is not allowing me and our son to see him in Tunisia. I found out he is living with a younger Tunisian girl.

My question is, is our marriage registered in Tunisian embassy in UAE? I dont really know, sorry. All i know is that i need to fight for my right and child support for our son. Help me. How doi know if our marriage was registered? They are hiding now..

Heidi

Inactive
Hi guys. I was married to Tunisian man year 2006 in Shariah court Abu Dhabi UAE. Last year he disappeared and left me and our son. I am in the Philippines now, he is not allowing me and our son to see him in Tunisia. I found out he is living with a younger Tunisian girl.

My question is, is our marriage registered in Tunisian embassy in UAE? I dont really know, sorry. All i know is that i need to fight for my right and child support for our son. Help me. How doi know if our marriage was registered? They are hiding now..
Hi and welcome :)
Your husband would have to have the marriage noted on his birth certificate. He would have had to take the contract to the embassy and they would have issued him with a new birth certificate.
If you can get a copy of his birth certificate, it will state whether or not he is married but I don't think it says if he is divorced.

You can order it online here https://www.etatcivil.gov.tn/Madania/web/indexen

Last edited:

beznessbitch

Junior Rat Expert

so sorry for you and your son xxx

Heidi

Inactive
My question is, is our marriage registered in Tunisian embassy in UAE?
" Getting Marriage Contract
Marriage contracts are officially issued and registered in Abu Dhabi by the Abu Dhabi Judiciary Department (ADJD). Marriage procedures can be held inside or outside the Judiciary Department premises.

After the marriage procedures are completed, you or your spouse may visit the Judiciary Department within 2 - 10 days to collect the marriage contract and an attested copy "

https://www.abudhabi.ae/portal/public/en/homepage/family/getting-married;jsessionid=pgV1PtTf_XheGgm0b7N850vPaPSAmd69AwVMrV5m9gX0qdbjp7uv!1638123371!122677475!1505205605599

Do you have your marriage contract? Then you can get a divorce in your home country. I don`t think that you will have any luck with child support :(

Heidi

Inactive
Islamic marriage (Sharia marriage)
All nationals and expatriate residents can conclude their marriages in the UAE. In the UAE, Islamic marriages are conducted according to the Sharia provisions, which apply in the following cases, regardless of nationality:

• where both the groom and the bride are Muslims
  • where the groom is Muslim and the bride is from 'Ahl Al-Kitaab'; such as Christian.
While the law permits a Muslim man to marry a non-Muslim woman, it does not allow a Muslim woman to marry a non-Muslim man without proof of his conversion to Islam.

Polygamy is allowed as per the UAE's law. A Muslim male may have four wives, provided he offers equal sustenance and equal treatment to all.

https://government.ae/en/information-and-services/social-affairs/marriage

but not in Tunisia ;)

Top Bottom