Children with tunisian fathers

Discussion in 'Tunisian Love & Relationships' started by Hanane, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Hanane

Hanane New Member

Hi,

If you have a child with a tunisian man he is able to kidnap that child and there is nothing the mother really do about it once they are in Tunisia. I know that much.

My husband has not always treated me the Way i deserve, but he has become more understanding and started to treat me with more respect, but we did have some good times together before. He is not a rat.

We are not together now, but we have a child together.

I think it would be nice for Them to get a chance to see eachother, i Think a child deserves to know its father.

But i am not so sure anymore, when the possibility of him taking our child from me. I do not Think it would happen, but it is possible for him to do it and that scares me, and i would Never ever be able to live with that if it happend.

Is there anything to do to make sure that it cant happen, Can i make him write a statement or anything at a notary's office that the child is to stay with me and will such a document have any legal value In the end? Is there anything to do or is it just a Big risk? Because the most important is the safety of our child and i dont want to do something that could put us In such an unhappy situation.

2. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

As your child has a tunisian father, do be aware that while in Tunisia her Tunisian citizenship will take precedence and, under international law, she will not be able to receive any consular protection and assistance from the British Embassy. This means for example that if, unfortunately, there were to be a dispute between you and your spouse about the custody of the child, the british embassy could not help secure her return to you.

Tunisia is not a party to either of the international conventions. A UK custody order cannot therefore, be enforced in Tunisia.

http://www.tunisia.com/community/tunisia-articles/getting-married-in-tunisia.83/

3. Hanane

Hanane New Member

Thank you for this information.

But i Think even if he signed a document In tunisia, at a tunisian authority, there would still be nothing to do if he decided he wanted to keep our child with him?

Also how will they know she is tunisian. In her passport it will only show that her nationality is dk and she has my name. Yes he is registred as the father, but none of all this will show In her passport. There is no document of her there or any document that says she has tunisian nationality.

The tunisian Laws concering this topic is rather terrifying.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  4. MH007

MH007 Moderator Staff Member

Hi Hanane

Welcome to TLR.

It would be a very dangerous move and you need to weigh up what would happen if he did not give you permission to leave, would you be prepared to go home without your child or could you contemplate living in Tunisia. Please also be aware that you would only have custody until for a boy 7 years old and a girl 9 years old.

As far as I am aware the father can withdraw his persission as late as arriving at the airport to stop you - I may be wrong but I am sure other members can check that one.

It can and does happen that fathers refuse and it is a VERY real possibility that it will happen to you! There is NOTHING you can do to safeguard yourselves from this.

Think long and hard - you say he isn't a rat, how can you be so sure? They can play the long game trust me.

Take care

xxxxxx

5. Hanane

Hanane New Member

I was not aware that they were able to withdraw their permission.

I could Never leave without my child and i would not want to live In tunisia for the next Many years.

I just hoped they were able to see eachother, but it seems like a impossible situation. Its really difficult, i just want whats Best for our child, and i dont like to keep him from her, but if he could do this and i Can do nothing to prevent i have to do this i think.

Thanks for your reply by the Way!:)

Stina, MH007, Heidi and 1 other person like this.
  6. Hanane

Hanane New Member

I should Also add that if it were to be that they would see eachother here, Not In tunisia. But he would be able to get her a passport and leave with her?

Npk likes this.
  7. Npk

Npk Well-Known Member

This is exactly my situation I just don't have all the answers. Its a very difficult one. with a picture from a phone and the right person to do a passport yes it is possible to do. Once the child is in Tunisia they are considered a citizen.

The thing is with all the mind games and the good days and then the bad days before I knew it 13 years later the person I thought I knew is a part of my imagination, so I am left with an Oscar winning actor that I wont be trusting.

8. Npk

Npk Well-Known Member

Also if ever anything was to happen Donya Al Nahi (on facebook) she has the connections and know how that go in and get children back.
    I had a conversation with my brother that if something was to go wrong he would be driving a bull-dozer through the house's one by one up to the point that I have my child back.
    Its a law onto themselves out there. Fight fire with fire.

Hanane likes this.
  9. Laurence

Laurence Well-Known Member

A tunisian father can get a tunisian passport for his child in any tunisian consulate...the foreign mother doesn't count.

ExNorway likes this.
  10. Npk

Npk Well-Known Member

@Laurence I see what your saying but do they need at least a birth cert?

11. BrownGirl

BrownGirl Moderator And Queen of Summaries Staff Member

Birth certificates are very easy to obtain the in UK.

12. Npk

Npk Well-Known Member

Your right I did forget this he could just walk into the office and pay the fee. I really don't know who I am dealing with could he do this, ? his act is to be so stupid I do all the paperwork.
    I really should keep my guard up and now ill have to do this for the next 15 years How stupid was I to get into this mess.
    :(

13. BrownGirl

BrownGirl Moderator And Queen of Summaries Staff Member

Not stupid at all, but yes, you need to keep your guard up and take precautions.

ExNorway likes this.
  14. Npk

Npk Well-Known Member

Thank you for the reply I will.

15. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Well-Known Member

The father of a tunisian child has ALWAYS (unless there is a court order stating otherwise, these are very, very rare) the right to determine where his child lives. And always means that it is against the tunisian law to give up this right, it simply is not possible (as such, legal documents stating otherwise are legally not valid). Always means also that he can, at any moment, change a former decision.

A tunisian child (a child of a tunisian father or mother) obtains the tunisian citizenship AUTOMATICALLY by birth. It has the right to obtain an own passport from the tunisian authorities. The tunisian father or mother can simply demand a passport in an tunisian embassy. Since it is illegal in Tunisia, to deny a tunisian citizen to enter the country, a tunisian citizen can enter Tunisia even without any documents (but must then prove its citizenship by other means). It is therefore not possible to prevent a tunisian citizen from entering Tunisia.

And, actually, it is even possible for a tunisian father to intervene when the child is visiting another islamic country, in theory, he could snatch the child there from the mother, in some countries even with help from the authorities.

In this regard, there is little else to do than always keeping a child of a tunisian father or mother under observation to prevent it from entering Tunisia, or, when it is in Tunisia, from being permanently grounded in this country. There is also a small, but existing, risk when visiting countries that leans toward islamic law.

Please note that problems CAN arise, they do not HAVE to arise, however, one should always be aware of the potential risk, ideally even before planning to have children with fathers from "islamic countries" - and listen carefully what is being said when it comes to the future of (potential) children.

juicyfruit, clevercat, gem15 and 5 others like this.
  16. Aquagirl007

Aquagirl007 Well-Known Member

Please be carefull @Hanane I've been told as well (don't know if this info is true or not) if the father takes the child for a bloodtest and it shows it's his baby he can claim it as well,so the child doesn't have to have the name of the father
    so please be carefull, when you have doubts, then hesitate is my advice.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    juicyfruit, Npk and Hanane like this.
  17. mezoo

mezoo The Decider

keep the child out of Tunisia.

18. Big Bang Theory

Big Bang Theory Well-Known Member

https://www.facebook.com/missingjenna/
    Translation:
    On 20 November 2015, the father of my daughter, then aged 12 months, has fled to France with my baby for Tunisia, despite that there was a ban on exit of the French territory for my daughter Jenna Landolsi.
    I've tried on many occasions, to reach the father of the small but in vain, so I moved in Tunisia since 01/12/2015 to activate the search and find my daughter.
    The 02/12/2015 a judgement was pronounced, the grand court of sousse, in my favor and I got full custody of my child, but the father, Tarek Landolsi, has not complied with the judgment and is hiding with the little one up Today.
    According to witnesses, it has been observed to fouchana (Ben Arous) in January 2016, all knowing that his family who lives in m ' saken claims to have had no contact with him since her flight with the little one.
    Tarek Landolsi is currently the subject of an arrest warrant in Tunisia and in France of the offence of kidnapping and non-presentation of child.
    The prosecutor calls for an immediate return of the child to his mother.
    Through this page, I seek your help to find my daughter Jenna. I pray any person likely to provide information to contribute to the progress of the investigation of contact me

Screenshot (2806).png
    Screenshot (2805).png

FoolInLove likes this.
  19. Katie1971

Katie1971 Well-Known Member

Arsehole commenting "bogoss" on the man's photo and the sheep retards liking the comment, really does show their mentality

ijs likes this.
  20. FoolInLove

FoolInLove Well-Known Member

Its horrible! I hope she get her back soon :Cry:

Sun rise and Big Bang Theory like this.
  21. akhenaten

akhenaten Well-Known Member

I will say keep your son out of Tunisia if you have any doubt, the father can travel to visit his son anyway. The case of Jenna is a good example, now that her case became a public issue after that the mother talked about it on the well know show andi mankolek I'm sur she will get her daughter back but after getting traumatized..

ijs, Tiger, MH007 and 4 others like this.
  22. Equal for all

Equal for all Active Member

I have watched the episode
    i think the father is afraid if his wife takes his daughter and ''never'' let him see her again like many german women who did that wither their tunisian husbads but the baby needs to be with her parents.
    Feel sorry for her :(.

23. Equal for all

funny how they say '' Kidnapped '' , kidnapped his daugher? not logic at all!!! :confused:

24. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

In this case, it´s logical ;)

ijs, clevercat and FoolInLove like this.
  25. Equal for all

No it's not , it's his daughter, it's clear heidi , she will not let him see her again if she take her daugher back!! come one ,stop lying