concerned mom needs advice..please help

Discussion in 'Online Rats' started by concerned mom, Sep 2, 2013.

1. wallah

wallah Well-Known Member

For all you ladies know, I could be a bitter twisted old cow who is conning you all. :Evil: You ladies more than anyone, know how the internet can show you as anything you choose :D xx

marilyna likes this.
  2. simple

simple Well-Known Member

Honest !! I dont mind sharing !!

wallah likes this.
  3. simple

simple Well-Known Member

Yeah but your Wallah !!! And i believe everything you say ,,,,Bitter and twisted is good !! Old cow ?? Never !!

ExNorway and marilyna like this.
  4. wallah

wallah Well-Known Member

;) ;) xxxxx

simple likes this.
  5. marilyna

marilyna Chocolate Connoisseur

Yet divorce is acceptable in Islam, so why the shame?

AmberHeart and wallah like this.
  6. marilyna

Wallah is a wonderful woman, but also very stubborn, and likes to bully me ;)

7. marilyna

You will get freshly baked cakes every time you visit, I got an Apple cake last weekend:D

simple likes this.
  8. wallah

wallah Well-Known Member

WHAT? ME? I will be telling your mum about that comment madam! When you come again -- on the 27th I think it is -- I will be cool and distant with you. :D

marilyna likes this.
  9. wallah

wallah Well-Known Member

Whish folks, she took to work and told everyone that she had made it herself. :rolleyes:

marilyna likes this.
  10. marilyna

Did not!

11. wallah

wallah Well-Known Member

Oh! must be mistaken then :sneaky: :D

marilyna likes this.
  12. LISA MACE

LISA MACE Active Member

An American getting married in Tunisia is very different than someone from any other country. The whole thing can be accomplished in 2 or 3 days actually. There is no waiting period, you can get your permission from the embassy as long as you make the appointment right away and have the 50 bucks. A quick physical at the doctors and schedule the time at the municipality.
    I think that once it becomes more common knowledge that Americans will be targeted more often.
    What they don't tell you is that with the immigration tightening, any little thing can get you a denial, which is a blessing in some cases.....
    You find that out after you give the money to the government and they take a long time, but they are very through. They will pick him apart with a fine tooth comb.
    If you don't believe anything else, please believe this, people can get hurt emotionally and financially. And with it being an easy marriage to accomplish, I think that more and more will end up doing this before thinking it through. Maybe he is a good guy, but don't go into it with rose colored glasses blinding you to the signs. Take care of you first, and the rest will come to you.
    Good luck to you!

AmberHeart, simple, AlexAicha and 4 others like this.
  13. winnie

winnie Well-Known Member

I haven't read through all the comments yet, I just wanted to say.. I read the signs wrong, Some of the worst rats do stuff like... buy the women a gift in return or say they don't want any money, they can even pay for everything for the first few days of the holiday. They sometimes don't want anything big from you until the 3-4th holiday.I know realised it was a way to make you trust them and let your guard down. Its so hard with some rats to tell what's genuine and what's not, because the ones who are really good at what they do have the experience and cover it up well. Your daughter could of met a nice guy, but in my experience not much of what they do or say is genuine, when its to women from different countries. But then most of the men I met over there worked in the hotels so the majority of them were rats. Maybe I haven't had the best experience when it comes to Tunisian people, but I still think its good to have all guards up if you want to risk it! You already know more than most people that visit Tunisia because you are aware of everything on this site! I wish I could of said the same, So that's good :) When is she visiting him? Has she read through some of this site? Is she going alone?

14. simple

simple Well-Known Member

When a rat pays for everything ,it normally means he has other gfs that send money .Takes from one to pay for the other .Its all calculated ,untill he stops paying ,then he reeps the rewards .

15. cheri

cheri Well-Known Member

In November last year I posted a thread about a possible rat. I had a lot of feedback, some good, some pretty damning, but mostly old fashioned common sense. I am still with the same person and I visit Tunisia about every 6 weeks, sometimes for a few days, sometimes for a couple of weeks. My son knows I am in a normal relationship with him, but decided it was time he met him. I spent three weeks before we went in terror. We were there for 5 days and have just come back. My son and my man got on well. My man was affectionate towards me, he held my hand and put his arm round my shoulder when we went out for a drink, and when I received unwanted attention from a male, it was my man who told the other something I suspect was quite rude. But one thing stood out. In the flat he would not share the bedroom with me. My son had the spare room, I had the bedroom and he slept on the settee. He told me it was out of respect for my son, my father is dead and he regards my son as the head of my family. Also, although he does not have much spare money he paid for everything for the first few days and thereafter shared the costs with my son. A Tunisian friend (female) I have known for many years told me he borrowed the money from his cousin as he did not want my son to think he could not pay his way. My son, who is an exceptional pool player, lost the occasional game. Pride was upheld on both sides. As I said previously, maybe it will come to nothing but at present I can now go to Tunisia with my son knowing I am looked after and my man having proved himself. It can work, for how long I do not know but the decision will now be between us and not with pressure from others. I am sure there will be those on this website who disagree, but armed with the information here I can confirm my heart is still in tact and my cash remains in England

16. crystal

crystal The Punchy Scot

OH my
    Oh my>>>> you are long gone...shame on you...you just deceived your son:mad:

17. cheri

cheri Well-Known Member

18. cheri

cheri Well-Known Member

I thought that would be the response and I can't blame you. My son was not deceived, he knows the man has little money. He was more interested in how he treated me. Believe me, he has good reason, the Englishman who was my partner for part of his young life was something I will not mention. Sue might have the right word, I prefer not to put it in print. This man is the first "boyfriend" since then. At least he wasn't a slob who was drunk every night. As my son said, if I am happy then he is and he sticks by his first advice. No marriage and no money to Tunisia. Good advice I think, much what I received here. Enough said

19. BrownGirl

BrownGirl Moderator And Queen of Summaries Staff Member

Does your man know what age you are yet?
    Have you told him there is no chance of marriage?

20. roxy

roxy Well-Known Member

Cheri, does your man work at The Steakhouse?

xx

21. CUDDLE

CUDDLE Well-Known Member

I think i have missed part of this story??

22. Blue

Blue Active Member

I hope Wallah keeps us informed of the wonderful (but a little sad) love story of her friend. I really saw the image of it all in my mind as I was reading. I hope for a beautiful wedding between the two lovers

23. cheri

cheri Well-Known Member

No he does not know because he has not asked me. He must have some idea though because I told him from the start how old my son is and now he has met him. The only reference to marriage was when I was there in August when his cousin got married and he said that perhaps one day it would be us as well. Although I see him a lot I think the same as I would if he was in England. I need to know him a lot better before I would think of marriage. And to answer Roxy, no he does not work at the Steakhouse.

24. wallah

wallah Well-Known Member

I am just packing my suitcases in the UK at the moment after my usual break here. But I doubt very much that things will have changed for my friend ---- doubt that they ever will, but in this case at least , do hope that I am wrong. In the interim I will still continue to be their alibi and try my best to convince them that they should escape to the North and be together. xx

Blue and Ninja Girl like this.
  25. Galadriel

Galadriel Globe Trotter Extraordinaire

Wallah, Bon Voyage and take care please......x

wallah likes this.