Confess your culinary sins!

Bostons

Mine was a pretty recent discovery, after misjudging portion size for the kids....it was an oven chip and Brussels sprout sandwich....and it was surprisingly lush :p
Hmmm... that sounds interesting! What's an oven chip? Is it like sliced potatoes?

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm... that sounds interesting! What's an oven chip? Is it like sliced potatoes?
Oh, hahaha! I forget you lot across the pond have different word :D

In England, we have crisps....you call them potato chips.
Here, chips are a fat version of what you call fries. We do have fries here, but to us, they are just thin chips.
Oven chips are chips that are already prepared, you just take them straight from the freezer to the oven, they are not fresh.
Does that make sense? I feel like I’m back on Judith’s thread again :D
You should read the last couple of pages there :D

Laura2014

Administrator
Staff member
Not a Culinary tip but a new feature on my phone just popped up and told me my time on TLR was down by 34% last week...

it told me I had spent 9hrs 40 minutes on TLR, 4 hrs 27 minutes on Twitter, 3 hrs on Facebook, received 37 text messages, and ate a huge bag of Cadbury’s chocolate buttons!

Brasilgirl

Not a Culinary tip but a new feature on my phone just popped up and told me my time on TLR was down by 34% last week...

it told me I had spent 9hrs 40 minutes on TLR, 4 hrs 27 minutes on Twitter, 3 hrs on Facebook, received 37 text messages, and ate a huge bag of Cadbury’s chocolate buttons!
Haha. I used to have that on my phone too. I turned it off.

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
Oh I forgot salt and vinegar Pringles smothered in boursin cheese :D
Salt and vinegar crisps are my fave, I also love Boursin. That actually sounds yum....I’m gonna try it!
It’s a lazy version of a proper ‘chip’. Throw in the oven for fifteen minutes and throw in the bin. Tasteless cheap and nasty.
I don’t like them, but no way I was gonna bin them :D
The kids love the things :sick:
I only like chippie chips.

Son#3 dips McDonalds fries in strawberry milkshake!! I thought he was a weirdo....and now I find out somebody else does it :eek:
Son#2....ketchup on EVERYTHING, including Sunday roast :sick:

Bostons

Oh, hahaha! I forget you lot across the pond have different word :D

In England, we have crisps....you call them potato chips.
Here, chips are a fat version of what you call fries. We do have fries here, but to us, they are just thin chips.
Oven chips are chips that are already prepared, you just take them straight from the freezer to the oven, they are not fresh.
Does that make sense? I feel like I’m back on Judith’s thread again :D
You should read the last couple of pages there :D
Ohhhh! Okay! LOL! I was a tad confused. :p

Top Bottom