Counter-rat Techniques & Detection Methods

Discussion in 'Rat on a Rat' started by Jisela, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

After going through this experience I would like to start a thread on countering rat methods and reverse-psychology methods that are very effective in getting a rat to back off, to self-destruct, and to incur various kinds of damage. These techniques can be used to regain control over a parasitic relationship, cause the rat to self-destruct, to work against their own interests, to expose their agenda, and to incur losses due to their own fraudulent behavior.

I do not recommend these techniques be used by anyone who is not currently suffering inside of a rat relationship. They really should not be used as revenge, only as justifiable self-defense methods to gain intelligence, the upper hand, and cause the rat to disengage from a very damaging and stubborn con. It’s often the sheer arrogance and stubbornness on behalf of the rat that causes them to continue damaging their victims. They can be very persistent. So, many of these techniques can be used to scare them off, twist their brains a little, cause self-esteem damage (maybe long term), and bring the con to the surface where the truth can then enable a victim to move forward.

I will be adding methods here shortly, feel free to add your own counter-rat methods that you feel are effective.

2. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

First, it's important to get informed properly on TLR to understand the "end game". It's ethical for you to determine that your Tunisian rat is in fact a rat before employing any of these methods. It is not good to do these things to anyone who is not a con artist and bully. So, if you're in a relationship with a Tunisian man and you're in the initial stages of a relationship, it's important that education, rat detection, and then gathering intelligence come before anything else. You must first understand what a rat does, what he's looking for, what his "currency" is, and make sure that you're dealing with a bad person.

If you're not empowered by education, and with the knowledge that you're dealing with a rat, these techniques will either be ineffective or perhaps hurt someone who doesn't deserve it. So, check your own ethics before proceeding.

Rat Detection Stage I:
    Because there are better and more comprehensive threads on this site, it should be summed up that a rat is a Tunisian man who has entered into a relationship for the sake of gaining money, opportunity, or a visa. Often, there is a fast marriage or relationship involved, a demand of instant and unquestioned trust, and an assumption on behalf of the rat that he maintains control over the relationship. A rat will often be highly narcissistic and cruel, sadistic, and self-serving. They are usually very into themselves and self-absorbed. At the beginning of the relationship they are very passionate and focused, but this is the initial love bombing stage to get the victim fully under their "spell" and control. If you're dealing with a Tunisian man who is asking for money, favors, who is demanding, self-absorbed and has high expectations for reward, gifts, and favors... most especially if they are demanding marriage, you are 99% of the time dealing with a rat. However, check other threads on TLR for more information. This is just a summary.

Rat Detection Stage II:
    If you have already read TLR threads and you are fairly sure you're dealing with a rat, or otherwise have a strong, nagging gut feeling that you are dealing with a rat, you're ready for stage II. This stage involves employing some more in-depth investigative work, some maneuvering and some patience. It's important that whatever information you find, you are in fact, willing to know and to deal with, because you will probably find quite a lot. Here are a few suggested stage II methods of rat detection:

1. Gain Passwords & Social Media Account Access: Usually your rat will request to gain authority over your social media accounts, email accounts, or other personal online accounts. He will likely ask for your password, in order to maintain control over you. If you are comfortable with your rat seeing that kind of information, and have nothing that could be exploited in any way, agree to his request. If he hasn't requested this information, appear to be the pleasantly jealous type and initiate the request on your own.

Say that you feel it's only fair that you exchange passwords because you are in a serious relationship and this trust is required in order to build a stronger relationship. Rats can usually be persuaded with this request, because it is common for Tunisian relationships to exchange passwords of social media accounts. If your rat seems to waver from this request, be pushy and miffed about it. Say it's really important to you, and you don't see why you should surrender so much control, when he does not give over some control, as well. Be persistent. Appear as if surrendering this information will build trust between you.

If he refuses to give you his password this is extremely telling! If he refuses, simply refuse to surrender yours. But, don't give up. You can bring this request up repeatedly over the next few weeks until you get success. When and if you are successful, make sure to seem casually happy and pleasant about it, then dig in with investigative work.

2. Run an Archive on Facebook, Check Activity History (this can be applied to any social media account. Check blocked user list. Take Screenshots. Download Immediately. Most rats are rather daft when it comes to covering their trail, especially in the initial stages of a relationship. They tend to not realize how comprehensive social media archives are, and how much can be seen and discovered by a comprehensive look over their social media accounts. A downloaded Facebook archive will contain potentially years worth of facebook messages, added friends lists, removed lists, posts, and other valuable information. Take this information and quietly mull over it in a private setting. Comb this information, especially blocked friends, added friends, and removed friends. You will notice a trend... often hundreds of women from the Ukraine, Russia, Germany, Canada, and The USA will be present on this list.

Their blocked user list will also be quite telling. Of course, their message history, once deciphered, will reveal A LOT. Any messages in Tunisian Street Dialect can be brought to TLR for translation. It's important to understand your rats behavior previous to your relationship, how they communicate, where they go, and their general personality type - it's through these messages and information gathering that you will see your rat's TRUE personality, rather than the personality they take on when dealing with you. Likely, they are completely opposite characters from how they've presented themselves initially. Trust the information you find, ask questions to trusted friends, and do not reveal your investigative work. Remain calm!

Mango Chutney and Epiphany like this.
  3. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Rat Detection Stage II (con't):

3. The Bait and Switch: There are two main types of rats... the visa type - and- the money type. You can also have both. The visa types of rats will mainly be interested in marrying fast in order to get a visa and get out of Tunisia. The money types are not as interested in monogamous relationships, rather in acquiring money and gifts. If you are not sure what kind you are dealing with, try the "bait and switch"... this method simply involves offering a desirable object, gift, or suggesting the possibility of marriage. If you have been passively allowing your rat to maintain authority over you, and things have seemed pleasant initially, you can start baiting your rat to see what he responds to...

Ex. 1... For instance, saying things like you'd love to have children and get married one day... see how he responds.
    Ex. 2....For instance, saying things like you would love to take an expensive vacation in Tunisia and go out. Ask him if he'd like to join and what kind of activities he would like to do.
    Ex. 3... For instance, asking him what kind of things he likes, and making it appear like you also love those things. Suggest that you love going shopping all the time... leave him the opportunity to request gifts from you. If he asks you for gifts, and then for money, you have got yourself a rat.
    Ex. 4... For instance, saying you are getting a bonus at work, an inheritance, or a large sum payment of sorts. Seem excited and nonchalant. Notice responses. A "money rat" will seem very interested and respond with peak interest any time you talk about money, cars, material gain, and other financial rewards.
    Ex. 5... For instance, suggesting you love travel. Asking him if he's ever traveled (of course not, but still ask). Ask him where he'd love to go. The main rat destinations are The UK, Canada, The USA, Germany, and many European nations with strong economies. If your Tunisian boyfriend tells you he's not interested in traveling, he may not be telling you the truth. Note his response. If he seems eager to travel, this is a great rat indicator. However, keep in mind, many rats may or may not reveal their initial interests, because they're trying to be indirect about it.

Rats WILL ask for gifts, favors, money and/or marriage. It's not a matter of IF... they WILL eventually. If they haven't asked for these items in your relationship yet, it's likely because they're still warming you up and feeling you out. You can proactively suggest these things and gauge his response. If he bites on, you've got yourself a rat! Make sure you do these things and make them believable... it's important to not embellish too much, because rats are socially intelligent con-artists. They will notice anything that seems out of the norm, or not believable. So, don't say you won the lottery... :) Of course, they will catch on and realize you're up to something... so, be careful, and of course, remain calm.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  4. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Give Yourself Time To Heal Before Moving Forward:
    If you have determined that you're dealing with a rat through education, rat detection, and then gathering intelligence, give yourself time to process this information. It's important that you allow yourself ample time to mourn over the relationship. It's unfortunate, but many women realize they're dealing with a rat when it's already too late and they're emotionally invested. You have to allow yourself TIME to mourn the reality. Make sure you're not confrontational with your rat on the information you've gathered. Don't expect your rat to offer you emotional support over his rattery. He just won't.

But, when you're ready... it's time to move onto some of the "fun" parts of dealing with rats. This is when, if you're brave, you can gain somewhat of an upper hand in the relationship and inevitably cause the relationship and rat to self-destruct as he is working to con you....

5. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Counter Rat Methods I:
    This is where you can somewhat use the rat's modus operandi (his game) against him. Rats, no matter how loving and believable they are pretty sick people who see love as transactions. For instance, I give you something, you give me something. This is going to be the overall theme of your relationship. The rat will of course be intensely involved in dealing with your daily activities (if you're dealing with a visa/relationship/marriage rat). Otherwise, he will be nonchalant and only come around when there's an emergency of sorts and he needs money. Because your relationship is a transaction, and your rat sees you as means for gaining benefits, you can turn this on his head, a little.

1. Raise The Ante: If your rat asks you to send him money and gifts, or otherwise expects you to perform an amazing feat of trust, for instance flying across the world, marrying him fast, sending him gifts or visa... you may or may not have already agreed. Perhaps you've already agreed to some of these behaviors, but he's asking for more. Try raising the ante. Instead of giving into his requests, ask him for a favor simultaneously.

Gauge the level of the request that your rat wants from you... make a similar request after his request. Do not forget to always ask for a favor BEFORE you give him what he wants. This is a transaction! When he asks you to fly across the world to marry him, ask him for a favor. This can be just about anything. You can really have fun with this, if you're creative. I will leave this very open ended, but this is an extremely effective way of dealing with rats.

Ex. 1... He wants to get married and apply for a visa, say "O.K.," but would you please send me a gift, a photo, or (give me something I want).
    Ex. 2... He wants you to send money, for his broken leg. You know this is a fictitious request. Say "O.K." but please put on a sexy dress, and send me a photo! Or, send me a photo of you sticking out your butt! Or, send me a photo of you spread eagle! There are many really funny ways you can do photo requests. Be serious and stubborn about it. Don't give into his requests until he gives in to yours, and in fact make sure you don't give into his request, but be prepared for him to be pissed afterwards. If you're able to pull this off, you will have quite the inventory of hilarious photos to post to TLR afterwards.
    Ex. 3...He wants you to get married, perhaps to meet him, or to fly into see him. I would suggest that there are no circumstances where you should proceed with this request, but you could theoretically get creative with planning a fictitious wedding, and simply not showing up or following through. Set a date. Send photos of wedding dresses. You could get really mean with this one, so I will leave it open ended.

Raising the ante is an extremely effective and potentially damaging way to work a con against a rat. I will leave more of this suggestion to your imagination, because as you can easily see from the examples, this gets into some personal territory. Proceed with caution, and get creative. After all, when life serves you lemons, make lemonade. You can actually start gaining the upper hand and using laughter to make the best out of a Tunisian rat senario.

6. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

2. Become Inconsistent. Rats somewhat pride themselves on having you be consistent and hooked up on their every move. But, in fact, narcissists have a really fragile ego when they're losing their narcissistic supply. You may believe that being your best self with a Tunisian rat will somehow persuade him to be a better person. It won't. You must accept the reality that your rat sees you as nothing but supply. Once you have accepted this, you can become highly erratic and inconsistent. You can start a random fight and stop speaking with him abruptly, answer his phone calls infrequently, and otherwise become unpredictable with contact. If you have been communicating with one electronic method, switch to another. Say you're having internet problems, phone problems, or even health problems.

Keep in mind this is a technique a rat will often use on their victims. It's also highly effective on THEM. So, try it out. Instead of being true blue in your relationship, be brave, and try being highly erratic and inconsistent for a while. Always have a reason, and you can swing back in later to make it all better again. The point is, you should not allow your rat to continue his parasitic hold on you. Make him stress and focus on you... he will, because you're HIS SUPPLY. So, work it and make him sweat and stress. Stop being "true blue" and get inconsistent, a little crazy, and erratic. :thumbsup:

7. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

3. Promise Everything, Do Nothing: Rats will really work you to get a desired result. You will notice that whatever it is that your rat wants you to do, will become an indirect focal point in your relationship. He wants something, and he doesn't lay off. You will eventually know what it is, and it will inevitably be money, gifts, opportunity, marriage, land, or something else. Maybe you're not wanting the confrontation anymore, or maybe you're not wanting the fight? The easiest way to disengage from a fight or a threat, is simply by saying, "Of course, my darling. Whatever you want." You can also get excited about the plan and be excited for him. You can say things like, "Hey, I'm really, really excited for you when you get the visa. We will be so happy." Or, "You're going to look so great in that new car."

Of course, this will only work temporarily, because your rat will want you to fulfill your agreement. But, you are not going to do this, because... you are being used and conned. So, while you are making emotional good efforts to end your relationship with a rat, you can promise everything, and always come up with an excuse later. Perhaps you lost your paycheck on the way home, or you suffered a sudden setback of sorts?

This is an effective method to get those greedy rats basking in the light of excitement, only to be disappointed bitterly afterwards.

8. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

4. I Love You, I Hate You: This is one of the most cruel ways to play with your rat's psychology. They are after all, narcissists and love to be told how amazing they are. They actually FEED on this kind of behavior. So, if you're especially angry at your rat, and you want to rub it in a little, try building him up and then knocking him down, unexpectedly. Start with love bombing THEM...

Ex. 1... "You are so sexy, amazing, I've never met a man like you before. There are no men in my country like you. You are so handsome. Your body is amazing. I've never felt like this before..." after you've really built your rat up for about a week or so, move on to the next step...
    Ex. 2... "You are a terrible man. You don't love me, and you are a liar. I hate you. I am so upset with you. You make me so mad. Why did you do that? You are the worst man I've ever met!" There are probably better ways to communicate your "I hate you moments" but if you gauge what your rat responds to, like what strokes his ego, you can fine tune your angry spells to hover over those specific areas... maybe throw in a few insults on his hairline, his job, his point of view, his favorite topics, you get the idea.

The "I Love You, I Hate You" method is extremely damaging to the rats omnipresent feeling of awesomeness. You will begin to really notice how your narcissist is not so all-powerful anymore, and starts to doubt their prowess and capabilities almost immediately. Just make sure that you apologize after your angry spells. Give an excuse like you're quitting cigarettes or off your meds. Tunisian rats are somewhat programmed to deal with craziness, and they are MUCH more tolerant with foreigners in this regard, because they're working a con on you and want to stick around! So, make your ups and downs REALLY BIG ups and downs.

9. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Counter Rat Methods II:
    You may not be ready to break things off entirely with your rat yet, and he may probably be a little broken by now. The point is this is a battle of willpower, but if you've employed the top suggestions, likely your rat is getting a little miffed about it all. He may think you're a difficult woman, maybe he thinks you're evil, complicated, mentally ill, or simply unreliable, by now. Depending on how invested he is in you, he may not be ready to give up, yet. But, rest assured, if you repeat the above steps enough times, your rat will start to gain some nervous quirks and start to lay off a lot. He may also start to become a little neurotic. Regardless, you need to be preparing for the end of your relationship, and part of this is making sure you're putting together a very comprehensive "Intel" file.

1. Build your Intel File: What are you going to do with this information? You are going to submit it to the major Embassies and authorities in your country and Tunisia. And, it's best if you take extensive notes, screenshots, and compile a fairly good record of all your rat behavior. DO NOT wait to do this at the end of your relationship. Start doing this documentation as soon as you suspect you are dealing with a rat! You want your information to be comprehensive and with great detail.

When you have compiled enough evidence to document your rat's fraudulent and scamming efforts, it will be time to submit it to the proper authorities. This is a very essential part of your Counter-Rat Techniques, because these rats will go on to repeat conning behavior with other victims. Your reporting may or may not prevent him from getting out of Tunisia, but it will make it much harder. The great part about this, is you can do it completely anonymously and even during an ongoing relationship with a rat.

It's very important you make sure you do this, as it will make you feel less victimized at the end of it all. It's better to do this before ending the relationship, as you may feel conflicted. Many women don't want to be vengeful, but reporting rats is responsible. So, don't forget this necessary step!

See "The Reporting Marriage Fraud & Other Illegal Activities" for more info:
    https://www.tunisianloverats.com/threads/reporting-marriage-fraud-other-illegal-activities.4781/

10. AmberHeart

AmberHeart Lady Amberheart of Gafsa

This is what my rat did. Now I can’t believe/trust other people. :confused:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Mango Chutney, Epiphany and Jisela like this.
  11. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

It works on them, too!

AmberHeart likes this.
  12. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

Oh, Jisela.....how I LOVE this thread!! :love:

I would really like to make sure this part quoted below is understood:

Do not confront him, especially face to face. I made this mistake, I confronted him face to face....and my body carries the scars to this day.
    If and when you are ready to tell him what you have discovered, it is crucial that you do it from the safety of your own country....and are mentally prepared for the blackmail and threats that will follow, plus the harassment of your family and friends.
    When these rats are cornered, in the words of Our Laura: "There are no limits".
    In your own country, your physical safety is assured....unless he lives there, in which case....you will need trusted people with you.

Mystery, Jisela, Epiphany and 2 others like this.
  13. Going for the limit

Going for the limit Well-Known Member

Great thread jisela and very imformative too. You must of put alot of time and effort into this. Well done

Mystery, Jisela, Laura2014 and 4 others like this.
  14. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Counter Rat Methods II (con't):
    When you've reached the end of your relationship with a rat, and you're emotionally prepared to evacuate the relationship, there are many mental, emotional, financial, and other concerns that of course need to be addressed. But, for the sake of safety, one of the most important aspects of leaving a rat is having a great support team (such as this one on TLR) and your family. Having the support of male friends and male relatives is especially important, because as seen with other narcissistic rat behavior, these men often do not respect women or women's boundaries. Many women muster up enough strength to say goodbye, only to see their rat continually show up again and again with no regard to the affects his intrusion has on her life. As always, the rat is thinking about himself and making good on his "investment" which is... you. So, if you are not emotionally prepared to fend off a rat after a relationship, here are a few suggestions.

2. Male Defenders: Many victims are isolated from male friends, male relatives, and all supportive people. Why is this? Well, because your rat was thinking ahead. He wanted to make sure you were completely vulnerable to him and his demands, financially, and for other purposes (often immigration), and he likely was very effective at scaring most normal and reasonable individuals away - or making you feel that it was necessary to be isolated in order to continue your relationship. So, you need to reach out to your male support team and ask for assistance. Hopefully, you can find at least one or two male figures that are willing to step up and stand up to a rat.

You should not continue to play into any interactions with a rat that leave you vulnerable to trying to reason with him. There is no reasoning with a rat, because the rat is in the game to win at any costs. He will put on any kind of mask to get a desired result and to regain his authority over you. So, end your relationship as appropriate, close all doors of communication, but think ahead. Saying goodbye one time may not be all that's needed. Speak with supportive male relatives or friends, and let them know what you're suffering with. Ask their assistance.

If you can find a male figure willing to confront your rat after the end of a relationship, this will be very beneficial to you. Rats often do not respect women, but they will respect a strong male figure that tells them to stay away permanently. That's the kind of discussion that needs to take place - if your rat returns after you've closed the door and said goodbye! If and when your rat turns up again, this is a sure sign that your rat wants more trouble.

Ask a male friend or relative to be ready to take over an electronic conversation or telephone conversation and confront your rat if he comes back. Have that male friend or relative to communicate your wishes, that the relationship is over, contact stops, and set firm boundaries - make sure the rat knows you have no intention of ever speaking or interacting with him again; he should not return - or else, he will face repercussions, perhaps legally or otherwise.

Do not reach out to your rat for any reason after this kind of interaction. Keep a distance and move on. Hopefully, confrontation after the end of a rat relationship is a single event. But in any event, have male friends and male relatives on standby to step in if your Tunisian rat ever decides to intrude on your life again. Make sure you don't leave yourself isolated, and surround yourself in general with supportive people who understand the details of Bezness and your specific concerns.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    Mystery, juicyfruit, Epiphany and 2 others like this.
  15. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

16. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

3. Please Consider Distributing These Links On Social Media To Spread Awareness:
    Please consider posting these links and other helpful ones from TLR onto any and ALL social media sites. Bezness survives throughout North Africa and The Middle East because victims are simply not informed. Prevention is key, as the damages caused by Bezness are limitless, affecting all areas of health, personal finances, safety, and much, much more.

Please help prevent and combat these crimes from reaching other men and women, but also the most vulnerable of our populations (children, the elderly, and ill) as they are often targets, as well:

https://www.tunisianloverats.com/threads/if-its-your-first-time-here-read-this.4344/

https://www.tunisianloverats.com/threads/visa-hunting-tunisian-love-rats.4534/

AmberHeart likes this.