Database of depression counsellors (UK)

Discussion in 'Mental Health Resources' started by WouldI, Feb 20, 2009.

1. WouldI

WouldI Guest

2. tunisblue

tunisblue Active Member

any free ones in tunisia?:blush::dead:

3. Tunisianbelle

Tunisianbelle 'Don't call me Darling!' Mod Staff Member

If you have a carnet asfer (yellow card for CNAM) you can see the doctors at the hospital for a reduced price.

I don't think there is a psychiatric hospital in Sousse. There is one here in Monastir though. If you ever want to go, let me know and I will go with you.

4. tunisblue

tunisblue Active Member

lol i may have to take you up on that t belle. if they ever catch me.. the voices that is.. not making fun of mental illness in the least, lest someone take offence. we have our share. just under so much stress past few months, i begin to wonder how much one person can handle?

5. Tunisianbelle

I'm always here if you need me. It actually might be good for you to talk to someone - at the very least you can get everything off your chest.

6. TunisiaMoon

TunisiaMoon Guest

well, you may (or not) be suprised but I've just finished an 8 week group therapy for pnd....

Feel worse for it... but hey maybe that's how it goes. :ben:

7. Tunisianbelle

Awww Julz, :smooch: I hope that you are doing better.

I have Bipolar and OCD and must be on medications for the rest of my life as well as get regular check-ups from my psychiatrist to make sure that my medication is working properly, the levels are good (not too high, not to low), etc.

I can honestly say that my experience with the mental health care here in Tunisia is wonderful. Medication is the same as you find in the US and Europe (but prices are a LOT cheaper), and the doctors are excellent. A 2 month supply for my medications (I take 2 different types - one for bipolar, one for OCD) is only 22dinars. If you go through the CNAM, you can get your treatment basically for free once they deem it long term care, or at the very least, you can get it at a MUCH reduced price. But like I said, the medications are not expensive.

I personally like my doctor here more than I liked my doctor in the US (and I liked her a lot). My doctor here is easier to access - I have his work and cell phone number and can go see him or call him whenever I need to.

Yesterday my SIL and I were out at the souk buying our vegetables and fruits for the week - it was a very funny outing for us and we had a lot of fun and laughed our butts off, which made other people laugh! Anywyas, when I was there waiting to get my oranges (the kind you make juice with) I saw my psychiatrist and we chatted for a bit.

Once (a few years ago), hubby and I went to Paris for a vacation. My psychiatrist was on the same plane as us going to Paris. After settling in at our hotel (close to the airport) we decided to go into the city to do some shopping before meeting up with friends for dinner. We went into a bookstore, and who should we run into? My psychiatrist! LOL I think we ran into him another 2 or 3 times on that trip, which is amazing since we were all over Paris and there are like a bazillion places and about a gazillion people there.

8. WouldI

WouldI Guest

Ask for your money back LMAO!!! :ben:;)

9. WouldI

WouldI Guest

Bet you have a photo of him, don't you?! :ben:;):tongue:

10. Tunisianbelle

:blush: Why, yes, yes I do! :ben: LOL I tld you I take pictures of everything and everyone! LOL

11. TunisiaMoon

TunisiaMoon Guest

................... including poo :ben:

12. Beansontoast

Beansontoast Moderator Staff Member

I am halfway round the bend:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

13. WouldI

WouldI Guest

Me too Hobs - perhaps we can meet in the middle!!! :ben: xxx