Delete and Edit buttons

Femme Fatale

So let me get this straight. An admin is allowed to delete correct?
Found a loop hole. When you edit, delete anything you want to delete, then save. :D :p

And message Heidi, Mango or Laura if you want it deleted as whole. That’s what I did. Even Ben was able to delete for me when he comes on.

Brasilgirl

The part I find annoying is not being able to edit in PM. I get some way off auto corrections sometimes I don’t notice until I post.
And the same for the media posts.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
The part I find annoying is not being able to edit in PM. I get some way off auto corrections sometimes I don’t notice until I post.
Unfortunately neither admins or moderators can edit your private messages as they are private to you - I do that all the time with auto correct and have to send another message saying bloody auto correct I meant to say ***** particularly on texts lol

MH x

Femme Fatale

Yes :) so not being able to delete a post is not really a problem, everyone can still edit x
I don’t find it a problem, but if other members do, I find that it is their right to ask questions so that they can best understand the changing of the forum.

I’m in a position of authority in my job, and I always say, “ask questions” to the soldiers and employees under me. And I’ll answer those questions 10
times over because that is what a good leader, mod, administrator does. Isn’t that what we are supposed to do?

The comment that MH made about, “why is it a concern,” to be quite honest, I don’t understand why that was even a question to begin with, when we are all trying to not only understand this new forum, also understand these mods that have been missing in action for a while. I don’t want to take anything to PM, I may of get banned if I dare to ask too many questions that may offend a mod. I’m a question asker. Because everything on this site is OUR concern and Im sure Ben would agree. We all contribute and he has been gracious enough to delete when we ask, and explain everything without telling a member, it is not their concern. So has Browngirl when she was here. I find @Bostons and @AmberHeart questions to be good questions because we all wanted to know. We are all using different phones, so the forum looks different from those who use an android, versus an IPhone, etc. Also, I use my laptop sometimes, it looks different. Why not explain the new format for us all, without asking us to go to the PM for that question or acting as if it is a nuisance to answer the question?

Heidi, Ben, Mango and Laura have been gracious enough to explain the changes to the forum to those of us who don’t quite understand it, without being told short answers. Everyone is not tech savvy like I am. Some people simply don’t understand these changes, and they should have a right to know if they ask. Prior to, we were able to delete our post. I will tell you what is NOT OUR concern; the reason behind victims wanting to delete their post. I had a reason to delete my post of my rat (and the mods
know why) and not once did they tell me it may be pertinent information for others in the future, as a reason for the deletion button being gone. They simply stated, “if you ever need to repost again, we will support that decision, we will be here to help you repost.” Some victims livelihood was threatened as well, some blackmailed. And they should be able to make a decision as to whether they wanted to delete their OWN post, not a mod, admin or staff member. This is just my opinion based on how many of us have had to delete something. Some members also post photos of children (not intentional) and then recognize their mistake after posting. Thank God for Laura, she catches that all the time. Hahaha. It is not our concern as to why someone wants to delete, we are here to support. I wouldn’t post on a thread where I couldn’t freely delete (for future victims). Don’t you think that defeats the purpose of this forum.

While I hope that all these forum kinks are worked out, this entire site is ALL OF OUR CONCERN, because we are all here for 1 reason and that’s to expose bezness and get the support we need. :thumbsup: :)

Last edited:

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t find it a problem, but if other members do, I find that it is their right to ask questions so that they can best understand the changing of the forum.

I’m in a position of authority in my job, and I always say, “ask questions” to the soldiers and employees under me. And I’ll answer those questions 10
times over because that is what a good leader, mod, administrator does. Isn’t that what we are supposed to do?

The comment that MH made about, “why is it a concern,” to be quite honest, I don’t understand why that was even a question to begin with, when we are all trying to not only understand this new forum, also understand these mods that have been missing in action for a while. I don’t want to take anything to PM, I may of get banned if I dare to ask too many questions that may offend a mod. I’m a question asker. Because everything on this site is OUR concern and Im sure Ben would agree. We all contribute and he has been gracious enough to delete when we ask, and explain everything without telling a member, it is not their concern. So has Browngirl when she was here. I find @Bostons and @AmberHeart questions to be good questions because we all wanted to know. We are all using different phones, so the forum looks different from those who use an android, versus an IPhone, etc. Also, I use my laptop sometimes, it looks different. Why not explain the new format for us all, without asking us to go to the PM for that question or acting as if it is a nuisance to answer the question?

Heidi, Ben, Mango and Laura have been gracious enough to explain the changes to the forum to those of us who don’t quite understand it, without being told short answers. Everyone is not tech savvy like I am. Some people simply don’t understand these changes, and they should have a right to know if they ask. Prior to, we were able to delete our post. I will tell you what is NOT OUR concern; the reason behind victims wanting to delete their post. I had a reason to delete my post of my rat (and the mods
know why) and not once did they tell me it may be pertinent information for others in the future, as a reason for the deletion button being gone. They simply stated, “if you ever need to repost again, we will support that decision, we will be here to help you repost.” Some victims livelihood was threatened as well, some blackmailed. And they should be able to make a decision as to whether they wanted to delete their OWN post, not a mod, admin or staff member. This is just my opinion based on how many of us have had to delete something. Some members also post photos of children (not intentional) and the recognize their mistake after posting. Thank God for Laura, she catches that all the time. Hahaha. It is not our concern as to why someone wants to delete, we are here to support. I wouldn’t post on a thread where I couldn’t freely delete (for future victims). Don’t you think that defeats the purpose of this forum.

While I hope that all these forum kinks are worked out, this entire site is ALL OF OUR CONCERN, because we are all here for 1 reason and that’s to expose bezness and get the support we need. :thumbsup: :)
Anybody can ask anything that's not what we're saying and mods along with admins will act on your concerns.

You have pmd me in the past and I hope I went someway to reassure you.

The option to delete was always down to discretion.

MH x

Femme Fatale

Anybody can ask anything that's not what we're saying and mods along with admins will act on your concerns.

You have pmd me in the past and I hope I went someway to reassure you

The option to delete was always down to discretion.

MH x
I have PMd you and I thank you for your assistance. But other people need to be comfortable in asking questions. That is my concern when you make statements about why a member has a concern about something that is ALL of our concern.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member

know why) and not once did they tell me it may be pertinent information for others in the future, as a reason for the deletion button being gone. They simply stated, “if you ever need to repost again, we will support that decision, we will be here to help you repost.” Some victims livelihood was threatened as well, some blackmailed. And they should be able to make a decision as to whether they wanted to delete their OWN post, not a mod, admin or staff member. This is just my opinion based on how many of us have had to delete something. Some members also post photos of children (not intentional) and the recognize their mistake after posting. Thank God for Laura, she catches that all the time. Hahaha. It is not our concern as to why someone wants to delete, we are here to support. I wouldn’t post on a thread where I couldn’t freely delete (for future victims). Don’t you think that defeats the purpose of this forum.

I agree that most are here for one reason but unfortunately that is not always the case hence the need for it to be moderated.
I have PMd you and I thank you for your assistance. But other people need to be comfortable in asking questions. That is my concern when you make statements about why a member has a concern about something that is ALL of our concern.
I agree and of course anyone is free to message a moderator or admin - my statement was regarding the site and of course there are admins and mods otherwise the site wouldn't be a safe place.

MH x

Big Bang Theory

Administrator
Staff member

Yes they are good questions and we are trying to sort them out. We are also learning, trying to understand the new format and are still unable to do some things as mods and admin while the site is being updated.
As I said, and as Femme Fatale said, everyone is still able to edit their posts so if they mistakenly post information they don't want public than they can edit their post and the changes take effect immediately.
When we did have the delete button it was still necessary to give a reason for deletion so their is little difference now.
Please be patient with us, among other things I am still not able to delete or edit the Gallery, I hope one of the other mods can :( We are doing the best we can and we still don't know all of the answers or how the final update will differ from the original site.

Last edited:

Big Bang Theory

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you're correct :( Previously there was a short period when you could edit a PM after it was sent and that's not available now :( We can only hope it will become available again once Ben has completed all the updates

Bostons

Yes, you're correct :( Previously there was a short period when you could edit a PM after it was sent and that's not available now :( We can only hope it will become available again once Ben has completed all the updates
Forget it. Not worth my time. My apologies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom