divorce help needed!!!

Discussion in 'RSN Lounge' started by flump, Sep 8, 2015.

1. flump

flump New Member

hello, i was hoping someone would be able to give me some advice as i need help to find out if my ex tunisian husband has finally put our divorce through the tunisian court. My ex has told me our divorce was granted in June this year but i am still waiting paper work confirming this [​IMG] and he continues saying he will send me the relevant paperwork etc but im still waiting!!!

I have no information other than the divorce was supposedly granted in Sfax. Can i contact the court in Sfax? if so which court and would someone have the contact details please? or will i need a local lawyer to seek the documents from the court? Also, how can i get a copy of his birth certificate?

many thanks for your time, frustrated flump x

Peppermint and Meteorite like this.
  2. Big Bang Theory

Big Bang Theory Well-Known Member

Hi Flump,
    You will need a Tunisian lawyer to get the papers for you but be careful who you employ. There is a thread on here by @Caramel http://www.tunisianloverats.com/threads/tunisian-lawyers-from-hell-ezzedine-ben-amor.345/ about lawyers and that should help you find a reliable and honest one.

You can also order a copy of your husbands birth certificate online which will confirm whether or not you are divorced https://www.etatcivil.gov.tn/Madania/web/indexen Perhaps you can order your divorce papers from here as well?? Does anyone know??

Stina, Peppermint, flump and 3 others like this.
  3. Meteorite

Meteorite Well-Known Member

I dont think so I think the lawyer will have to do that .........Caramel best person or perhaps Lawrence? Good luck Flump, xx

flump likes this.
  4. flump

flump New Member

Thank you meteorite and big bang theory for replying to me. I can get his birth certificate through that link so that's brilliant thank you.

Forbthe divorce papers ...... I know its a big ask but can you let me know the contact details of the court in sfax I need to get my divorce papers from? Would the divorce have been dealt with at the first court of instance???? and if this is the right court what are the contact the details please? Any help will be fantastic thank you x

5. Big Bang Theory

Big Bang Theory Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't know the answer to this one but maybe @Caramel can help ??

FoolInLove likes this.
  6. Caramel

Caramel Clairvoyante !!

A lawyer would need to get the divorce papers for you. Look on British embassy website for list of preferred lawyers in Sfax.

Big Bang Theory and FoolInLove like this.