Divorce in the village

C

Caramel

If he changed his minds sure it is after he went to police station and realized that he will be the one who will have to leave the house and still support his wife after the divorce. In the end he will do what he wants would be no problem to see the other woman now; everybody know so he don't have to hide more
Good point, but perhaps the children and his wife know the truth but choose to believe he didnt go. If he was seen going into the police and Liana's statement didnt make it clear (seemed to be hearsay) then he would have been told of his wife's rights. Knowing what he would lose, he could have changed his mind - though this wouldnt make it right. I see the whole thing as a mid life crisis of a man who was still thinking in the past. Hopefully, this can all be put behind them and they will move on. I am sure it will all come out in the end if they care to pursue for an explanation of this whole affair. I think the shame this would bring of seeing this woman in such a small community, would be unbearable on him and adultery in Tunisia is punishable by one year in prison for boh parties, if proven.

L

Liana

I believe the father is a coward like all tyrants. He only has a big mouth to say he would go to the police station which actually proves he is helpless. He would like to change sth in his life , however, these are mostly threats and complaining hopefully. I do not like to speculate too much, the future will show.

alAzima

Administrator & Voice of Reason
It is definitely possible, as Caramel said, that he went to the police station and learned that what rights he thought he had were not at all the case. Perhaps while there he was advised on what the situation would truly be and given a reality check. It's possible that the police there offered to act on his behalf for a bribe and if the family is poor, he may not have had the money to make something happen.

L

Liana

Could be. The family will never know . I will keep u informed when sth comes to the surface.:wacko: