divorce laws help needed

Discussion in 'Ben's Corner' started by dave king, Jul 31, 2012.

1. NetNiet

NetNiet EVIL member :D

Sorry for the confusing!!!
    I wanted to write:
    As long as you don't have plans to get married in Tunisia again

Going on holiday, no problem at all!

Habibi Lou likes this.
  2. NetNiet

I don't agree with it's not legal, because the divorce here in Tunisia is legal, you have to go to the judge for it.

Maybe you have an opinion how the law works here that it should be different more like in the UK that you have to proof that the letter is received etc. But that is just here how it works and how different it works in the UK or other countries.
    But they are following the law and it's legal, they have to provide an address from the European wife to send the letter too, , so they give an address. That they will givea false address that is a ly, but they provide what they have too following the law.

At the other hand, it makes it also more easier for the European wife, because like we allways advise, if you don't want to get married again or involved with a Tunisian man, what does it matter that you're still married here in Tunisia, it's his problem. He problaly wants to get married again, so than he has to deal with it and pay for it.
    If it was differently than it could end up also that the European wife has to pay maybe for things, or to deal with things to get it done.

wakefield gal, Bergo and Mona1 like this.
  3. scoobydoo

scoobydoo Active Member

Its divorce by deception.....LOL you are totally missing the point...."they provide what they have too followoing the law" - the law requires they provide the correct address i presume!!
    And just because its the way it is re the law, does not make it right!

HOw does it make it easier for the wife, if he had divorced the european wife behind her back in tunisia is he already divorced, your second pointmakes no sense at all.
    i would say its a pain in the arse for them, not knowing they are divorced, no paperwork no nothing....

I dont really have anything more to say on this issue, if you want to defend the tunisian mens actions regarding this then so be it, but shame on you!
    Any reasonable person will see this as deception and its WRONG!!
    End.

wakefield gal likes this.
  4. Mona1

Mona1 Well-Known Member

Scooby, what NN is trying to say is that it is not the court's fault that the man is deceiving the woman but the man's fault. The law is that three letters have to be sent to the person who is being divorced. It is not for the court, in Tunisia, to check the address they rely on the information that is given to them. It could also be possible that the address that the man gives them was valid and that the woman has moved (I am talking about a genuine case). Short of sending the letter by DHL or similar there is almost no way that you can prove that a letter has been sent to the correct person when it is going abroad.

No one is supporting deception or the fact that it is wrong that men are divorcing women behind their backs but what we are trying to say is that the system cannot be blamed for this but the men can and should be. Low life stays low life and there are plenty of cases here in the UK where low life get away with things they should not do.

Tunisia's laws have been, on the most part, very forward looking in comparison to many other non-European states (if I may put it that way) but there is no country on this earth that has perfect, just laws.

I understand your anger at the injustices but direct it at the men who do this and not at the justice system.

eagleeye69, NetNiet and DragonZest like this.
  5. scoobydoo

scoobydoo Active Member

But the system is facilitating this!! If the law were more stringent then they wouldnt be able to do this in the first place! Changes need to happen!!

I feel just as strongly about injustices in the UK...however this is tunisian love rats, so only talking about those related one!! :D

6. crazypink

crazypink The Muslim One!

To be fair, how would you rpove thats the person has been served (if they are not in Tunisia?)

The court does its best by sending out three letters - if these are not answered then the divorce is granted.

Even in the UK, if the person served doesnt reply then the divorce is granted. (once the person has been served with papers)

But this is when BOTH are in the UK.

DragonZest, NetNiet and Monastirienne like this.
  7. Mona1

Mona1 Well-Known Member

I think maybe people are misunderstanding the responsibility of a court and the responsibility of the man to give the correct address. You can only work with the information you are given - imagine the Tunisian judges taking a jolly over to Blighty to see if papers have been served or to hand deliver them :D Hey, do you think they would return to Tunisia :eek:

Munki, DragonZest, NetNiet and 3 others like this.
  8. Mona1

Mona1 Well-Known Member

Absolutley Habibi, you have hit the nail (or the rat) on the head!!!

9. bubblysue

bubblysue Well-Known Member

Could i just say. i went before the judge in sousse twice but still did not receive any papers although i am legally divorced..

NetNiet and marilyna like this.
  10. Mona1

Mona1 Well-Known Member

Who knows where your rat had them sent! Thank goodness you got rid of him, he sounds a nightmare.

wakefield gal, NetNiet and bubblysue like this.
  11. NetNiet

Sorry I don't know why you understand my words as if I defend the Tunisian mens actions. You did say that it's illegal, I was responding to that, to the official things, so law, court, judge etc. I wasn't responding about the fact that Tunisian man give wrong adresses to the court.
    So why should I be shamed about what I said?

Monastirienne did explain exactly what I tried to say, sorry that I maybe used the wrong words, but no need to use the strong words you used ......;)

You bring up here a totally different situation which I didn't mention or speak about, in my original message I explained clearly in what kind of situation it can be an advantage for the European women.
    The situation you bring up now, is offcourse totally different and no than it will be no advantage. I know European women who experienced this, Tunisian man was married again with Tunisian woman and went back to Europe pretend to his European woman that they were still married.

Thanks Monastirienne for explain it more clear!

12. bubblysue

True. and pleased to say i am actually happy and over it all now. no hurt and dont feel like an idiot. reading posts on TLR has helped lots.. good luck to his new german wife. my god she will need it. x

13. eagleeye69

eagleeye69 Member

don't they have registered mail where people have to go to post office and sign for the letter, then this information is sent back to the sender??? If the envelope or package is not picked up after 3 attempts or 30 days ( whichever comes first) then the letter is returned to sender............am just wondering ..................not trying to cause more issues or discussion just trying to educate myself on processes and such.....................

14. Laurence

Laurence Well-Known Member

Habibi Lou, don't worry about maybe not being divorced in Tunisia. I think your ex knows very well how things go there and believe me, the day he wants to marry again (with any lady from any country) him needing a birth certificate, he'll take care of the tunisian divorce, if he hasn't already done it!
    I also think you are still too nice towards him...

15. marilyna

marilyna Chocolate Connoisseur

Habibi Lou,

They are a different breed.

16. Tunisianbelle

Tunisianbelle 'Don't call me Darling!' Mod Staff Member

You know, it is supposed to be a service here, but I don't think it translates too well when dealing with international mail. It has happened that I have been visiting my parents and my husband overnighted me things a few times with proof of receipt requested. Only once was I asked to sign for a package - the other times the packages were just delivered to my door. I'm thinking that maybe somewhere along the line someone decides that accepting the scan from the local post office where the mail is delivered is proof enough.

NetNiet and Galadriel like this.
  17. bubblysue

Karma will come and bite them in the arse... im sure sit patiently, wait and see... xx

18. Laurence

Laurence Well-Known Member

Habibi Lou, just ask him how he can live with himself after what he has done to you...and watch his ugly self coming out when you insist on that point!!! He is NOT nice nor good, he's an ugly rat and YOU are a good and decent woman, be sure of that!

NetNiet, marilyna and Habibi Lou like this.
  19. So in effect if i went back to Tunisia with my English boyfriend and we shared a hotel room, i could be arrested laugh, for committing adultery, because im still married to a Tunisian??? ... Does that same law apply to the Tunisian husband who is shagging different women every week??? if i knew he was staying with another woman could i have him arrested for adultery???? :cool:

20. bateman

bateman Well-Known Member

would depend if you have passport in married name or have declared to tunisian gov that you were miss xxxx and now are due to getting married mrs xxxx but yes you may be charged also the hotel would be charged with letting that occur ie u in a hotelroom with a man not your husband as you are married too a tunisian as most hotels unless cash in hand (bribe) are asking to see marrage lines if non local is trying to stay in same hotelroom as there husband or wife more so if passport not in married name

21. My British passport is in my married name, they require divorce papers to change it or deed poll name change, both options cost money so i never bothered.. like i say i don't live under Arabic law in the UK so i wont be whip lashed for being an adulterer ( although i did not commit zina first laugh)...

Anyways none of that really bothers me to be honest, but i would like to know if i could be arrested in Tunisia if i was with another man... and if that same law applies to him if he was with another woman while we are still married...

call it the mischievous minx in me but i find this very interesting laugh... Im all for giving him a rough ride till he does the right thing by me and pays back what he owes and does a fair divorce :p based on true facts and not just his deluded imagination

Caramel, marylou and marilyna like this.
  22. Caramel

Caramel Clairvoyante !!

A friend of mine whose Tunisian husband didnt register their marriage there, once told me her husband said there was a warrant out for her arrest in Tunisia if she goes there (apparently he failed to register his divorce from a previous marriage and still had the first wife on his birth certificate). Not sure whether he didnt want her to go or what. But she didnt go to test his statement. How would they know anyway at Passport control if you went to separate lines and put separate hotels on your Immigration entry slip? Many unmarried EU couples stay in hotels but they are only concerned if two unmarried Tunisians were to do this.

wallah likes this.
  23. bateman

bateman Well-Known Member

the law would apply if you are married to a tunisian either way
    as was stated before the law with regards sharing hotel room was mainly to stop tunisians being booked in online at cheap rates even if booking 2 rooms ok but if booked online as man and wife you have to prove you are married .... also if anyone was too see you (as his wife) he can make report to police so even more shit would be heaped on your head

24. katkins

katkins New Member

If he is making threats to kill. The law needs to be involved and he needs throwing in the slammer

marilyna likes this.
  25. annabella

annabella Active Member

Katkins, the tunisian in question passed away a few months ago. x

sarah152 likes this.