Due To His Religion - No Music Allowed

Mango Chutney

Staff member
This is another song I put on for personal reasons. It is not about a rat, but connected to a memory that was very personal and special for me, and associated with the rat.
I am the world's biggest Celine Dion fan....and this is one of my four favourites.
Just after moving in with the freak, I was having a Celine marathon session from my playlist......the freak came in and danced with me.
Until about two weeks ago, I was still unable to listen to this song without crying, and had removed it from all my playlists, but I played it on a loop to remove the emotion associated with the memory.
I now put it here, for the same reasons as some of my photos with the rat are here....to devalue it.....not the song, but the memory associated with it:

And besides....this forum desperately lacks Celine Dion and Ed Sheeran :p

F

Former Member 4

Yeah, so once he started getting into extreme Islam, he said music was against the rules.
When i was 15 i used to date a classmate, i was deeply in love with her, then one day during Ramadan (the month when muslims fast) she came to me and said we need to break up.
I was shocked and sad, she said it's because you dont fast and you listen to music and both are Haram :rolleyes:

Few years ago, she called me, told me that she's getting married and that she misses me (which dosent matter anyway). Needless to say she married a religious rat, abandoned all her ambitions and now is as any sad submissive women in Tunisia.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mango Chutney

Staff member
then one day during Ramadan (the month when muslims fast) she came to me and said we need to break up.
I was shocked and sad, she said it's because you dont fast and you listen to music and both are Haram :rolleyes:
My rat was a musician, so there was never a ban on music, thank God, as I have music playing literally 24/7!

Anyway, my rat did not observe Ramadan, he did not go to mosque, but five times a day, literally the very second Call to Prayer started, everything had to be switched off....music, the TV etc.....so why was this?
Why did we have to listen when he was not practising? :confused:

I loved listening to Call to Prayer, so it was not an issue, but why?

He said it was to show respect, but surely this is hypocritical, beings as he neither prayed nor fasted :confused:
Is this the norm?

Laura2014

Staff member
In Ireland the Angelous is marked Three times a day on the Radio and TV. 9 bells, with a pause after each three. It’s a moment of reflection and everything falls silent at 6am, 12 and 6pm in the evening. Likewise people stop talking and listen or say a brief prayer. I like it, not from a religious perspective, but just to take a moment to pause.

Mango Chutney

Staff member
In Ireland the Angelous is marked Three times a day on the Radio and TV. 9 bells, with a pause after each three. It’s a moment of reflection and everything falls silent at 6am, 12 and 6pm in the evening. Likewise people stop talking and listen or say a brief prayer. I like it, not from a religious perspective, but just to take a moment to pause.
I’ve never heard of this, Laura....how fascinating!
I’m gonna look for that on Google....my education for today :)

I guess I just found it strange with my rat, as he was not practicing and his behaviours were completely haram. It was not something that bothered me, I was just curious as to why :)

Brasilgirl

Senior Rat Expert
My rat was a musician, so there was never a ban on music, thank God, as I have music playing literally 24/7!

Anyway, my rat did not observe Ramadan, he did not go to mosque, but five times a day, literally the very second Call to Prayer started, everything had to be switched off....music, the TV etc.....so why was this?
Why did we have to listen when he was not practising? :confused:

I loved listening to Call to Prayer, so it was not an issue, but why?

He said it was to show respect, but surely this is hypocritical, beings as he neither prayed nor fasted :confused:
Is this the norm?
Maybe so the neighbours didn’t know he wasn’t praying??

Snuggle

Junior Rat Expert
My rats brothers didn’t want to smoke in front of their dad out of respect or something. They were hiding the sigarets and having sneaky smokes on top of the roof, the same way as I did when I was 15 and I thought my parents didn’t know that I was smoking.

magic

Junior Rat Expert
I’ve never heard of this, Laura....how fascinating!
I’m gonna look for that on Google....my education for today :)

I guess I just found it strange with my rat, as he was not practicing and his behaviours were completely haram. It was not something that bothered me, I was just curious as to why :)
No surprise here,it’s called being a hypocritical bastard....something they’re good at

Judithlyn

Rat Expert
My rats brothers didn’t want to smoke in front of their dad out of respect or something. They were hiding the sigarets and having sneaky smokes on top of the roof, the same way as I did when I was 15 and I thought my parents didn’t know that I was smoking.
My rat never smoked in front of his father either. Their ideas of respect are crazy. His father used to beat all of the kids and even lock them out of the house. They show this brutal man huge respect. Then they play this bezness garbage, steal from innocent women from all over the world and feel nothing guilty about doing it! Some weird, messed up, mentally deranged idiots! Mine never went to the mosque. His dad did frequently. Ramadan day time was like a torture session, but then come sundown, it was like anything goes! I will never understand a lot of what I saw, nor do I care to! I believe you are to be kind and respectful to everybody...no lying, cheating, or using people! Why don’t these guys get it? What is fundamentally wrong with them that they can be so bad?

Brasilgirl

Senior Rat Expert
My rat never smoked in front of his father either. Their ideas of respect are crazy. His father used to beat all of the kids and even lock them out of the house. They show this brutal man huge respect. Then they play this bezness garbage, steal from innocent women from all over the world and feel nothing guilty about doing it! Some weird, messed up, mentally deranged idiots! Mine never went to the mosque. His dad did frequently. Ramadan day time was like a torture session, but then come sundown, it was like anything goes! I will never understand a lot of what I saw, nor do I care to! I believe you are to be kind and respectful to everybody...no lying, cheating, or using people! Why don’t these guys get it? What is fundamentally wrong with them that they can be so bad?
When a child is beaten, he has respect that is driven by fear. It’s not respect out of admiration. We learn about this in my church. The priest at my church here in Vancouver talks about the effects on children and encourages family counselling.
This fear channels down to how the child will parent his children. So these rats will beat their kids and wife if that is how they were raised. Only a few will change that way on their own. The laws help, but they really need to be taught the right way to live, with respect, not fear.
The Tunisians don’t care to break this cycle because it will be admitting they have been living wrong, probably for centuries.