Welcome to TLR

El Hamma rats

Myriam1

Major Ratslayer
I noticed lately that a lot of the here mentioned rats are originary from El Hamma...more and more even.
Couldn't we find some family relations between them?
Please anyone that had or has a Tunisian from El Hamma on hand, could you mention it here so that we get a clearer view? Thanks

J

Judithlyn

I noticed lately that a lot of the here mentioned rats are originary from El Hamma...more and more even.
Please anyone that had or has a Tunisian from El Hamma on hand, could you mention it here so that we get a clearer view? Thanks
A better question could even be, “How many of us on here had the SAME rat from ElHamma in our lives?” :Geek: :D

Tunisian Woman

El Hamma or Gabes, in general, is a VERY conservative place. People there are still very traditional and extremely religious! (So if he is having sex with you, he is not making love to you but satisfying some repressed sexual needs and nothing more)

I can almost guarantee you that a relationship between a foreign woman (or a liberated woman in general) and a man from these conservative cities will never ever work.

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
El Hamma or Gabes, in general, is a VERY conservative place. People there are still very traditional and extremely religious! (So if he is having sex with you, he is not making love to you but satisfying some repressed sexual needs and nothing more)

I can almost guarantee you that a relationship between a foreign woman (or a liberated woman in general) and a man from these conservative cities will never ever work.

i wonder if they are all similar to my husband whom i met on the internet of course. i doubt that if i have met him in person i would have fallen in love or even considered marrying him. he is very photogenic but in person does not look as great. he is very skinny and his skin is not great. it also seems that so many men there have flat shaped skull on the back. it seems that there is so much of cousin marriages there and i wonder if there is some general mental health issues going on in the population over there. how after convincing me for over a year that age does not matter and culture does not matter and begging me to help him he now says that i did not do nothing for him. of course there must be some decent people but i just wonder if there is some trend going on.

Tunisian Woman

I don't think this has to do with mental health. I think you just met someone who considered you his ticket out of the country. A country that is for unaccomplished people seems like a living hell. Since I am almost certain that hasn't achieved much in his life and his ignorance led him to think that Europe or other western countries are his heaven and that his life is going to be changed completely once they set foot there.

Of course, there are decent people there and everywhere, but culturally speaking I think it's very hard for a man coming from a conservative area to have a healthy stable relationship with a western woman.

It seems to me however that this person was honest with you from the beginning and asking you to help him, right?

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
I don't think this has to do with mental health. I think you just met someone who considered you his ticket out of the country. A country that is for unaccomplished people seems like a living hell. Since I am almost certain that hasn't achieved much in his life and his ignorance led him to think that Europe or other western countries are his heaven and that his life is going to be changed completely once they set foot there.

Of course, there are decent people there and everywhere, but culturally speaking I think it's very hard for a man coming from a conservative area to have a healthy stable relationship with a western woman.

It seems to me however that this person was honest with you from the beginning and asking you to help him, right?
Honest from the beginning? what are you talking about..yes he did ask me to help him but then my life according to him was going to be great with him after. He continuously was convincing me then how much he loves me spending everyday talking to me and lying through his teeth obviously to entrap me. Him asking me for help at that time was no indication to me that he was a rat. He was simply honest about his financial state at that time. He was honest in telling me that he does not have money but not honest in not wanting to pay nothing back and not wanting to contribute fair share to his life in canada.
Your nick name here says Tunisian woman...are you truly tunisian? do you know why so many people there have flat skulls? I did not notice that in Tunis so i am not sure if that is just common in the El Hamma region?

Also i do know that he used me to get out of Tunisia. but i do think he has mental health issues and complete lack of empathy. I noticed that his brothers wife also has no compassion...lol when i got heart problems she kindly advised me to avoid cofee and stress. Also when my dog died she advised me to dance and laugh because life is too short.
Another thing is that i also grew up in a conservative country but even in his country i witnessed men treating their wifes better than i was ever treated. the men would bring gifts or sweets home, bought them wedding rings and other jewelery and took them for coffee and trips to the sea etc. while my husband thought he did not need to do absolutely nothing for me once he arrived in canada and started to earn money.

Last edited:

Tunisian Woman

Okay, I think I misunderstood what you said. So yeah, it seems like he was making all these promises to get you to help him and trust him. I am not surprised that he didn't keep them because he got what he wanted.

Yeah, I was born and raised in Tunisia but I currently studying in the US.

I haven't really noticed the skull thing before.

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
Okay, I think I misunderstood what you said. So yeah, it seems like he was making all these promises to get you to help him and trust him. I am not surprised that he didn't keep them because he got what he wanted.

Yeah, I was born and raised in Tunisia but I currently studying in the US.

I haven't really noticed the skull thing before.
Maybe it is just common in that region because i did not notice that when i was in Tunis.

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
Lol another funny story is that when we moved up north i had to leave almost all furniture and lot of belongings behind. When i got the new house i had to buy new sofa, coffee table lot of kitchen stuff and even vaccum. My husband complains that i am alwasy hungry and always need something because of this. According to him i should sit on the floor, dont need a vaccum or any tools for the house or anything else. He did not contribute to any of this except a second hand used tv. He always went to the store and bought things for himself and his family in Tunisia while i was buying things for the house and for him. Before he came here he was promissing to help me pay half for anything we needed to buy and told me that i will see how good he will be once he gets here. He also promissed that we will travel together but in the end he thought he should travel by himself. He did lie about all the things he promissed and he made my life a living hell. He treatened to kill me when i asked if he is thinking about pension in Canada and he hated my family even though they were nice to him. He appeared to forget everything even his once a week chore of taking out the garbage and appeared to not be able to count numbers. He was paranoid and though i was planning something and that i was breaking into his bank account. there were many issues thats why i believe he has mental health problems. To be honest when i got there and seen him i was not sure about marrying him. But then i felt quilty ...lol...i felt quilty that he spend so much time and his money which he did not have on internet and to get me from Tunis. I felt sorry for him. He appeared then to be so caring and sweet and i did not want to hurt his feelings and i thought that if he wanted to so badly then we could make this thing work. Stupid me.

Last edited:

Tunisian Woman

He sounds very manipulative and selfish! He needs to go, divorce his ass! Of course, he wants to travel alone, you'll be ruining his vacation and the potential hookups he could have... This sounds like a nightmare .. and culturally speaking he is acting shamefully! A man in Tunisia is expected to PROVIDE for his wife, not the opposite. If a woman is the provider he is culturally considered 'stripped of his manhood'. He is definitely using you and milking you until he find another one. And believe me once he does he will throw you so mercilessly, so spare yourself the heartache and rip off the bandage now.

Derbygirl

Major Ratslayer
Could I ask the same question regarding Jendouba, please?? Anyone’s rat from there? Any details? Thanks.............

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert
Lol another funny story is that when we moved up north i had to leave almost all furniture and lot of belongings behind. When i got the new house i had to buy new sofa, coffee table lot of kitchen stuff and even vaccum. My husband complains that i am alwasy hungry and always need something because of this. According to him i should sit on the floor, dont need a vaccum or any tools for the house or anything else. He did not contribute to any of this except a second hand used tv. He always went to the store and bought things for himself and his family in Tunisia while i was buying things for the house and for him. Before he came here he was promissing to help me pay half for anything we needed to buy and told me that i will see how good he will be once he gets here. He also promissed that we will travel together but in the end he thought he should travel by himself. He did lie about all the things he promissed and he made my life a living hell. He treatened to kill me when i asked if he is thinking about pension in Canada and he hated my family even though they were nice to him. He appeared to forget everything even his once a week chore of taking out the garbage and appeared to not be able to count numbers. He was paranoid and though i was planning something and that i was breaking into his bank account. there were many issues thats why i believe he has mental health problems. To be honest when i got there and seen him i was not sure about marrying him. But then i felt quilty ...lol...i felt quilty that he spend so much time and his money which he did not have on internet and to get me from Tunis. I felt sorry for him. He appeared then to be so caring and sweet and i did not want to hurt his feelings and i thought that if he wanted to so badly then we could make this thing work. Stupid me.
How long were you married to him. Sounds like they show true colours as the nice mask drops! Sorry you had this experience. Reading these stories and learning the nature of these rat behaviours

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert
Honest from the beginning? what are you talking about..yes he did ask me to help him but then my life according to him was going to be great with him after. He continuously was convincing me then how much he loves me spending everyday talking to me and lying through his teeth obviously to entrap me. Him asking me for help at that time was no indication to me that he was a rat. He was simply honest about his financial state at that time. He was honest in telling me that he does not have money but not honest in not wanting to pay nothing back and not wanting to contribute fair share to his life in canada.
Your nick name here says Tunisian woman...are you truly tunisian? do you know why so many people there have flat skulls? I did not notice that in Tunis so i am not sure if that is just common in the El Hamma region?

Also i do know that he used me to get out of Tunisia. but i do think he has mental health issues and complete lack of empathy. I noticed that his brothers wife also has no compassion...lol when i got heart problems she kindly advised me to avoid cofee and stress. Also when my dog died she advised me to dance and laugh because life is too short.
Another thing is that i also grew up in a conservative country but even in his country i witnessed men treating their wifes better than i was ever treated. the men would bring gifts or sweets home, bought them wedding rings and other jewelery and took them for coffee and trips to the sea etc. while my husband thought he did not need to do absolutely nothing for me once he arrived in canada and started to earn money.
I would Divorce Zied if he treated me like that. I divorced my ex husband who gave me a lifestyle and I hated money and greed. But rats take the biscuit literary when you give them every opportunity to improve their lives and they pee on ours. I see lots of similarities in some of your posts to these men putting their family before their wives. Don’t they know they have a new family now that takes priority! Wife should always come first. If they loved their Mothers as much as they claimed to they would respect all women especially their wives. Instead a favourite swear word is to insult other men’s mothers and sisters when they fight. I’m getting disillusioned by the minute with their mentality, selfish pricks. They should all audition for Bollywood, a comedy of errors! Acting is their best asset.

JGG

Major Ratslayer
It saddens me to read this. Im so sorry that you went through this. These men are experts at entrapment with the illusion of love happiness and happily ever after. I too think he has a mental illness as his behavior is bizarre. You must feel a sense of relief that you no longer have to deal with him on a daily basis. I know its hard to separate the reality from the illusion as this was hard for me too and I was only in my relationship for 2 years. I absolutely don't think we are stupid women....
We just fell in love with the lies and we tried to build a life on these lies.....they are not and never will be our lies....
There is no shame in falling in love. ♡

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert
married since 2013
He's well sett
married since 2013
That's 7 years married and he still hasn't changed? You must love him too much but it is not reciprocated. You need to love yourself more. They only treat us how much we allow them to. He is just using your kindness and loyalty. One life. Give marriage counselling a try if you don't want to let go of this user. He is in Canada now and not Tunisia so no excuses for not pulling his weight. Does he do anything nice for you? You deserve to treat yourself better then you would not tolerate this behaviour. You need someone to lift you up not drag you down to depression. I'm putting up with moods right now and I know why. Hes controlling and my rose blinkers are off. I realise hes not really changed his mentality that foreign women should pay. Neither has yours if he wont contribute much or share household chores when married and living with you. You deserve a better nicer man.

Bubbly

Major Ratslayer
I would Divorce Zied if he treated me like that. I divorced my ex husband who gave me a lifestyle and I hated money and greed. But rats take the biscuit literary when you give them every opportunity to improve their lives and they drain on ours. I see lots of similarities in some of your posts to these men putting their family before their wives. Don’t they know they have a new family now that takes priority! Wife should always come first. If they loved their Mothers as much as they claimed to they would respect all women especially their wives. Instead a favourite swear word is to insult other men’s mothers and sisters when they fight. I’m getting disillusioned by the minute with their mentality, selfish pricks. They should all audition for Bollywood, a comedy of errors! Acting is their best asset.
Their holy Mother and Sisters always come first no matter what. They are pulling the strings for their own advantage as they probably have a sh*tty married life and a lot of frustration that needs to vent. They enjoy ruining others’ life to feel less miserable and more meaningful.
They should be treated the same way they treat you, with utter hypocrisy.

The wife will have to wait until she has her own sons to get control over them by cooking, cleaning after them and turning a blind eye to their misbehaviours. What a life...

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert
I don’t envy the Tunisian woman’s lifestyle. The wedding seems to be the only time the majority are treated like Princesses. It’s all for show. Then comes the domestic violence higher than Western World. Women and children included. Rats in the main during Lockdown.

J

Judithlyn

He's well sett
That's 7 years married and he still hasn't changed? You must love him too much but it is not reciprocated. You need to love yourself more. They only treat us how much we allow them to. He is just using your kindness and loyalty. One life. Give marriage counselling a try if you don't want to let go of this user. He is in Canada now and not Tunisia so no excuses for not pulling his weight. Does he do anything nice for you? You deserve to treat yourself better then you would not tolerate this behaviour. You need someone to lift you up not drag you down to depression. I'm putting up with moods right now and I know why. Hes controlling and my rose blinkers are off. I realise hes not really changed his mentality that foreign women should pay. Neither has yours if he wont contribute much or share household chores when married and living with you. You deserve a better nicer man.
I’m sorry to say, but your posts anger me! One day, you seem to be waking up, and the next, you are marrying your little Zied boy cause he’s your fiancée! We are a patient group, but we are not going to sit by forever and watch a circus! You are going to be destroyed in MANY ways! Your Zied loves your money and your country, but he’s laughing at you in the ElHamma coffee shops daily!!! I may sound strong! I am! I’m trying to get you to dump the bastard cause he will destroy you! Do you really have this little self-respect???? You need help! I’m not making fun or kidding. Something seems VERY wrong! We are so compassionate but when somebody comes on here, defends rats, refuses to listen, stays blind.....WE GIVE UP on them! We can’t work magic! You won’t dump that bastard and we all know what he is going to do to you! Please, for the last time, dump him, block him, get counseling, and enjoy your life! He will give you nothing but heartache every single minute! They are stupid as hell, but they know inheritance rights, divorce rights, and alimony! You marry this creep....your finances are out the window!!!! You are worth so much more than him! Why can you not see it? In the UK, you are 64, correct? Would a 30 year old UK man marry you forevermore? If you can not say yes positively, the same is true for Tunisians. I know Tunisian culture quite well! Age differences are NOT acceptable for real Tunisian marriages.....only if the woman is younger, NEVER older! Please do not marry him and let him legally take everything you have! You are worth so much more! Please wake up and realize it! Dump that man! Block him! It will hurt cause you love him, but everyday that you ignore him, it does get easier! It took me 1 and 1/2 years to recover from my Tunisian asshole! It was so painful, so horrible! I was devastated to my core, but day by day, I did recover. I’m happier now than when I was ever with that clown! You will be too!

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
I’m sorry to say, but your posts anger me! One day, you seem to be waking up, and the next, you are marrying your little Zied boy cause he’s your fiancée! We are a patient group, but we are not going to sit by forever and watch a circus! You are going to be destroyed in MANY ways! Your Zied loves your money and your country, but he’s laughing at you in the ElHamma coffee shops daily!!! I may sound strong! I am! I’m trying to get you to dump the bastard cause he will destroy you! Do you really have this little self-respect???? You need help! I’m not making fun or kidding. Something seems VERY wrong! We are so compassionate but when somebody comes on here, defends rats, refuses to listen, stays blind.....WE GIVE UP on them! We can’t work magic! You won’t dump that bastard and we all know what he is going to do to you! Please, for the last time, dump him, block him, get counseling, and enjoy your life! He will give you nothing but heartache every single minute! They are stupid as hell, but they know inheritance rights, divorce rights, and alimony! You marry this creep....your finances are out the window!!!! You are worth so much more than him! Why can you not see it? In the UK, you are 64, correct? Would a 30 year old UK man marry you forevermore? If you can not say yes positively, the same is true for Tunisians. I know Tunisian culture quite well! Age differences are NOT acceptable for real Tunisian marriages.....only if the woman is younger, NEVER older! Please do not marry him and let him legally take everything you have! You are worth so much more! Please wake up and realize it! Dump that man! Block him! It will hurt cause you love him, but everyday that you ignore him, it does get easier! It took me 1 and 1/2 years to recover from my Tunisian asshole! It was so painful, so horrible! I was devastated to my core, but day by day, I did recover. I’m happier now than when I was ever with that clown! You will be too!
Good post however I disagree with your comment that we 'give up on them'

Pussycatz has already taken some of what we say onboard.

@Pussycatz you are going to do what you want and much as we can warn you I know you will make your own choice.

We are still here for you no matter how it turns out but please reread all the advice and also try:

www.tunisia-love.com

MH x

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
He's well sett
I am separated since October pussycatz. I was asking him to leave earlier but he did not want to go till Oct. It was obvious he did not love or respect me since the first few days of his arrival in Canada. Yes he fooled me to get a way out of Tunisia. I do not feel any love for him any more. He has hurt me too many times and i mostly just feel hurt and anger right now. I can not love such a person who behaves like a zombie..who does not have any hobbies..interests zest for life compassion for others and who does not take any initiative but spends his free time in front of a mirror or on his phone.

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert
The heart rules the head. He has not Cheated on me. I’m not leaving my Fiancé because he might do something in future. He’s put up with my anxiety and insecurity ringing him 3 am many occasions which I ashamedly admit. Just because I can’t sleep or my heart has palpitations with the thoughts that he may be guilty of every imaginable thing I’ve read on the forums. He could leave me for whatever reason. But he could stay for Love. Time will tell.

JGG

Major Ratslayer
The heart rules the head. He has not Cheated on me. I’m not leaving my Fiancé because he might do something in future. He’s put up with my anxiety and insecurity ringing him 3 am many occasions which I ashamedly admit. Just because I can’t sleep or my heart has palpitations with the thoughts that he may be guilty of every imaginable thing I’ve read on the forums. He could leave me for whatever reason. But he could stay for Love. Time will tell.
I guess what everyone is trying to tell you is to really think about letting your heart rule your life. I do understand what you are trying to say too but bottom line is....we just don't want you to have to go through what each and every one of us has gone through. I am a fiercely independent strong woman but the Tunisian I allowed to rule my heart broke it.....shattered it to the point that I will never trust another man and will probably never have another relationship in my life. I guess we all just want a little sign that you have at least heard what these ladies have said. Open your mind to the advice that has been given....we all want you to be happy and at peace....truly. ♡

JGG

Major Ratslayer
I’m so sorry your heart was broken in this cruel way. Not all men are scoundrels. I hope one day you find a kind generous man. Most importantly that you learn to love yourself. The rats don’t know the meaning of true Love.
I'm OK now....I did not suffer as much as most of the women here....TLR helped me to understand that I'm not alone. I know it sounds crazy but when I have a moment of melancholy.....I just come here and the sun begins to shine and everything makes sense.♡

Poppy

Major Ratslayer

Yes, he used you to exit Tunisia.

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert
Dear Judithlyn thank you for caring. I can be exasperating at times. I'm sorry. I don't always think rationally and have taken risks growing up, told I had no common sense. My family were overprotective and the best modern thinking non judgemental brothers. My mother knew best, she told my aunties dont give her advice she will do the opposite anyway. If I listened to Dad and not sneaked out to my first rock concert at 17, I wouldn't have got mugged. If I listened to mum n not taken lifts from strangers after a disco night and waited for a taxi, I wouldn't have been held captive. If I listened to to good advice and played it safe I would not have lived the highs n lows that make life exciting. I used to say I'd rather be dead in my coffin then live a boring life. I nearly died married to a muslim british born Turkish cypriot who put up my life insurance and plotted to kill me with his mistress. Tried drowning me in the bath, throwing me off a cliff, failed but threw me out of a moving car instead. No thank you Amex, no divorce settlement, yes my dramatic events do resemble a somewhat crazy lifestyle. I never took drugs but it didnt stop the drug rape I suspected when friends and I wake up to strange bruises in ER. Some party that was that we didnt remember. So forgive me if I think my farm boy from Tunisia just turned 29 and I'm going to be 63 next month is the best thing that happened to me romantically. He would be so perfect if only his attitude to money would change. He says it would when we are in UK he will support me. I'm too independent to let that happen a second time. So yes I see the warning I see the road ahead strewn with obstacles. I also feel that women my age who are without children, pro life, but responsible contraception before menopause, or those with grown up children can go out with a younger man if they choose. I'm not going up about marriage he is and it's the only way we can live together with his religious morals and together in the same Country. I cannot marry in Tunisia as explained before, therefore not live in sin as against the law. I dont look my age, we are not stared at in the street and no one has ever had a problem with our age gap difference. It is just a number. His brother is 46 now married 22 years to Swiss woman 20 years his senior.so in their family they dont exchange for a younger model. I guess I might be updated sooner! I dont know or exchange him for a younger model. I'd just lie about my age like some women do. Only catty remarks I've had have been when I've revealed my true age here, like grandma. Well ...I certainly have missed out on that stage of growing old gracefully. If he dumps me then I intend to partyvlike its 1999 the famous Prince Song! Zied got me out of hibernation! Peace out.