Elections

Bella

Google Queen
Hi Guys,

I admit to being a bit ignorant to whats been happening with tune politics ....

I believe Enhadh won the election, but then i read something about a coalition (?) ...

(then i read something about booze being banned?..)

What does this mean for Tunisia?.... in real words, not big political words please lol

Galadriel

Globe Trotter Extraordinaire
Yes you are right about the politics but booze not banned but accessiblity MAY be more difficult out of hotels, also bikinis and beachwear supposed to be fine well on the beach.......... You can find the whole story on another site put very well.

NetNiet

EVIL member :D
Indeed Ennadha did win with I think about 41,5% so they have to make a coalition.

And there are a lot off hear sayings, also about alcohol, but they did allways say that they won't forbid it, but that they will try to show the people that they better don't drink, but if they want to drink they can.

Again a lot off hear saying, they say aswell that it will put the women back, but I have a lot off trust in the Tunisian women and I'm convinced that they will not accept if they take something away in freedom, Tunisian women wants to move forwards!

We will have to wait and see what Ennadha can do for the country......

BrownGirl

Moderator And Queen of Summaries
Staff member
My understanding (and correct me if I'm wrong cos I'm only getting this from reading) is that the purpose of the elections was to set up an assembly to write a new constitution for Tunisia. It was set up in such a way that no one party could have more than 50% of the seats so they would have to form a coalition i.e. there would have to be some compromises all round.

So there will have to be further elections in a year or so to elect a government based on the new constitution? An if Ennadha dont keep their promise to be moderate then people won't vote for them again. So I guess they will behave for a while yet.

The general feeling seems to be that it would not make economic sense to ban alcohol or do anything that would discourage tourists. And the economy is top of everyone's list but for most Tunisians the availability of alcohol won't be!

NetNiet

EVIL member :D
You're totally correct BrownGirl!
In 1 or 1,5 year there will be new elections and till that time they have to make the new constitution

kimmi

Nothin happend since the elections... I hear only rubbish from enadha. Example: A girl´s got pregnabt before she´s married is called bitch, what about him? He still in an high position, this sucks!

BrownGirl

Moderator And Queen of Summaries
Staff member
Nothin happend since the elections... I hear only rubbish from enadha. Example: A girl´s got pregnabt before she´s married is called bitch, what about him? He still in an high position, this sucks!
In fairness to Ennadha, after those remarks were made on a radio programme they did come out and say that the laws will protect all Tunisian women including single mothers. They haven't shown any signs yet of being anything but moderate, but only time will tell I suppose. The time to watch will be after the next election.
http://www.tunisia-live.net/2011/11/10/ennahda-secretary-general-hamadi-jebali-the-laws-of-new-tunisia-will-be-for-all-women/

Top Bottom