Excuses for lack of contact.

Discussion in 'Rat Behavior' started by Mango Chutney, May 19, 2017.

1. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

So the forum seems to be pretty quiet today...a perfect opportunity to create a thread I've wanted to do for a long while now. I am a bit OCD about lists....even do my household chores from a list :oops:

There are similar threads on here to the one I'm creating, but I think it helps to keep these things up to date and list form, all in one area makes it easier for us to process.

I'm sure we've all heard the countless excuses as to why rat hasn't contacted us, albeit for an hour or two, even though they've been online and just not read our message, sometimes they've read it but haven't replied, or perhaps for days/weeks, though my rat didn't do this, he was always just a couple of hours when I visited England.

The excuses sound feasible if you are not familiar with the world of bezness, but once you realise we've all been fed the same or similar lies by these men....please know you have a problem...you have entered the world of bezness, a very cruel romance scam.

So here comes my list. In red writing: the excuses. In black writing: the probable real reason, or just a basic explanation.

. My internet ran out, so I couldn't contact you. I've contacted you at the first opportunity.

. He was out with friends; He was with another woman; He couldn't be bothered to talk; He was on a different sim or using one of his other social networking accounts contacting other victims.
    . I couldn't access the internet where I was.
    . Rats can access internet anywhere, they use data roaming on many sims, from many internet service providers. All coffee shops have free Wi-Fi. I lived in Tunisia, sometimes I used my English phone on free Wi-Fi, sometimes I used my Tunisian phone with minutes provided by Oredoo and Orange, I never struggled for internet unless he'd switched my internet off. Top ups are cheap, cost only a couple of dinar in the little shops on every street....internet is ALWAYS accessible. They also have internet cafés/publinets. Internet is always accessible in Tunisia...weather permitting.
    . I couldn't afford a top up.
    . This is no excuse! He is either wanting money from you to top his phone up, or quite simply....he was in one of the predicaments mentioned with the first excuse above. Data roaming is dirt cheap, or a friend/family member would let them borrow a device. Most likely, he wants pity from you and a monetary donation because you want to keep contact.
    . My brother/cousin/friend etc took my phone.
    . I lost my phone.
    . I lost my charger.
    . My battery died and I couldn't charge it.
    . I left my phone in the taxi.
    . My phone is broken.
    . My phone fell out of my pocket while I was out jogging...it smashed to pieces.
    . I dropped my phone in the sea/puddle/toilet etc.
    . My friend was using my phone.

. With all these excuses and others of a similar nature, it could again be any of the reasons mentioned with the first excuse or it could be: He wants you to buy him a new phone!!!! With regards to being unable to charge a phone, there are sockets in every home, every coffee shop and every friends house. Unless they are say....sat on a beach, they CAN charge their phones, I used to charge mine anywhere and everywhere. These rats sell decent phones and then lie about accidental damage to play on your conscience and to frighten you at the thought of no contact. They are lying: DO NOT BUY THEM A NEW PHONE!!
    . I promise, I wasn't on the internet all night, I just left the app accidentally logged in, the Wi-Fi switched on.
    . He WAS on the internet all night! He didn't contact you because he thought you were sleeping and was contacting his other victims. Once he is aware that you are suspicious, other victims will be moved to new social networking accounts you know nothing about, they will be in the phonebooks of his other sims. He will make it look like he is offline sleeping, but he isn't, he's in a different account (under a different name) or on a different sim. These rats have to contact victims at many hours due to different time zones in other countries.
    . I did reply to your message after I read it. The internet is messing around, the message didn't send/my internet cut off before it could send, I knew you'd be angry, it's not my fault.
    . He didn't reply! He was either angry about something in your message and is ignoring you whilst sulking, or he was too busy to reply (see reasons behind excuse one). Whatever he says, please know he DID NOT reply!
    . There was a storm, my internet cut off.
    . First of all, I lived through many Tunisian storms, nine and a half times out of ten, it did not affect my internet access, especially when data roaming. Second, if he uses this excuse on you....check out the online weather report for his part of Tunisia! I caught my rat out on this lie a couple of times.
    . I was in hospital/prison etc. My mum, dad, brother etc was in hospital/prison. I was sick, my blah blah was sick. My mother/father etc died.
    . These are good excuses for longer absences. The odds are, nobody was in hospital/prison/military service etc, nobody was sick, nobody died....he had another victim visiting and needed to get you out of the way for a long weekend/one week/two weeks etc. He could hardly maintain regular contact with you whilst another victim is there! If it was not for this reason, then he's hoping you will offer money to help him or his family member out of the probably fake situation or pay for the funeral. DO NOT SEND MONEY......EVER!! Some of our members have come face to face with the living/breathing mother, father, uncle etc who died....some of them even contributed with funeral costs and visited graves! There are many miraculous ressurections in Tunisia :rolleyes: These lies are very convincing, in very rare instances, they may even be true, but you need send not a dinar, the entire Tunisian family rallies around and pays everything, nobody goes without in Tunisia. These rodents think nothing about using people's lives and health to gain money, your morals would not allow you to behave this way...rodents have no morals.
    . I'm spending Ramadan with my family, they have no internet, so it will be hard for me to contact you.
    . This was an excuse my rat used on his other victim(s) during Ramadan 2016, the truth...I was with him for the entire duration of Ramadan (should have been longer, but I left). He'd find excuses to go out and contact them as often as possible: taking the rubbish out/bread runs/you've upset me, I'm going for a walk etc. Coincidentally, all these activities involved a detour to the coffee shop....as I discovered twice when I followed him. Nobody needs their phone to take the rubbish out, use the toilet etc, except a rodent, desperately trying to keep all his other fishes hooked. :rolleyes:

If your rat is not contacting you, there is a damn good lie on its way to cover his back, but when you see here that we've all been fed the same convincing lies, listen to those little alarm bells ringing in your head.
    Please do add any excuses I haven't listed, there are so many, my brain just froze!

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Olivia 24, babe, catrin and 6 others like this.
  2. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

3. Mango Chutney

Heidi likes this.
  4. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

My brothers son he play with my phone and turn to silent my love. I only notice just now ( after two days) !

Olivia 24 and Mango Chutney like this.
  5. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

When found on a dating site; no no my love, my brother he use, he use my picture it's not me my love!

Olivia 24 and Mango Chutney like this.
  6. Katie1971

Katie1971 Well-Known Member

Acting the goat :D

Mango Chutney likes this.
  7. Gorgeous

Gorgeous Well-Known Member

Soooooo...tired! Did not get usual 18 hour sleep- therefore no energy to lift the phone!!!

8. Mango Chutney

I had this too over who was using his other FB account....he blamed his brother and cousin. They must think we were born yesterday :rolleyes:
    Ha, I had this too!
    Him: I was sleeping.
    Me: For twenty two hours?!!
    Him: I was very tired from work.
    Me: You played a keyboard for four hours with multiple breaks.
    Him: It's really hard work, makes your brain soooo tired!

Another time:
    Me: Where the hell are you?
    Him: I was having a sheet.
    Me: A sheet??
    Him: Yes, you know, a sheet in the toilet.
    Me: You were sheeting for three hours straight?
    Him: Yes, I think I ate something bad. My poor tummy huuuuurts soooo bad :rolleyes:
    Me: I was literally in a ball crying with laughter!!

Olivia 24 likes this.
  9. Gorgeous

They really are incredibly thick and every time we have an answer for their lies they hate it. We are just too smart for them.

10. Katie1971

Denial of found social networking accounts so common as are the excuses a friend must have set up the accounts for them without their knowledge, as if firstly the friend had any inclination to even bother and secondly why would they even have to as these vultures all know how to use a computer!

magic and Mango Chutney like this.
  11. Katie1971

It's possible as they are full of it

One sheet does plenty ha

12. Mango Chutney

Haha, he can sheet for as many hours as he can sleep....quite a talent really!
    It was his indignant, angry "If you must know, I was having a sheet!!" Bloody tickled me! For the record, I was in the bedroom, he was in the bathroom ...I just knew he was messaging other victims in there, so I messaged him too....should love to have seen his face when the chathead for my message cropped up, he probably literally sheet himself! :D

magic likes this.
  13. Gorgeous

That is hilarious. They try to be one step ahead but they always foul up!

14. Mango Chutney

They do indeed! See, at the moment, my flexibility is slightly limited due to a back injury, but back then....I was still very bendy. There was a gap under the bathroom door, so I laid on the bedroom floor with my head at a slight angle, arms and legs everywhere like a bloody commando taking aim and tadaaaa....I could see his rodent feet, but his trousers were not round his ankles! This all occurred in winter 2015, when I'd started to realise that something was not right, but I still hadn't heard of bezness. After that, I became quite the professional with strategically positioned mirrors....he got away with nothing anymore. I even contemplated rigging up a video device on the headboard of the bed to see what the hell he was actually doing on his phone, but couldn't hide it well enough. I felt like Ace Ventura - Rat detective :D:D

Olivia 24 likes this.
  15. Gorgeous

Have to hand it to you - so inventive! Still think it's hilarious. I'm just picturing the scene.
    Well done you!

16. Mango Chutney

It truly is hilarious when I look back at these things, like wearing all black and following him on the bread runs, darting behind trees, houses etc so he didn't see me, but much though it does amuse me now, I just think, Christ, that wasn't a relationship, there was just no trust at all.

17. Gorgeous

All i can say is - you had amazing energy! I just didn't have the time or energy to check up - and i guess i could not b bothered. Too draining.
    My rat was spotted today not by me - i had an idea he lived fairly near - which is shitty. He has put weight on - hope cousin will like 'more cushion for pushin'!
    Will not suit his ego

18. Mango Chutney

To be honest, I wish I hadn't bothered. Had I had the sense to read this site back then, I'd have known what was going on and like to think I'd have left him. For me, there was a lot of confusion, I had so many niggly little feelings that something just wasn't right, but I just couldn't quite put my finger on what, so I kinda went into detective mode. It paid off in as much as I got results, but actually....the answers were here on TLR all along, I just didn't log in again after the day I found it, about eleven or so months into the relationship when everything seemed ok. I had nobody I could confide in living over there and all my interaction with family and friends online was thoroughly spied on.
    Ha, there is a God after all!!!! The fat git :D:D

19. magic

magic Well-Known Member

:p:p:p

20. flower girl

flower girl Active Member

I remember the first rat I used to speak with would always just cut our conversation and then come back another day with an excuse. Funny enough I had to laugh when I read the one about the storm, as he used that one lol. Also run out of internet had to go top up, no where open to top up. Also the one about left the app open, I would see he had been on viber in the early hours, maybe a speaking with someone from another country with a time difference.

21. Mango Chutney

They all rotate the same or similar lies, once you're in the know, it's so easy to see through the lies and laugh at how samey they are, but when you don't know....these lies are very convincing!! I used to doubt my own sanity in the end, I was so suspicious, but rightly so.
    Without a shadow of a doubt! It amazes me how they find the time for victims in so many countries when they sleep so much!

22. flower girl

Do they even sleep I wonder lol maybe that's why they drink coffee all day long in the cafe.Caffiene lol.

Always in Trouble likes this.
  23. Mango Chutney

Never in my life have I met people that sleep so much....it's not normal!! They don't really drink much coffee, tend to order one espresso with ninety seven spoons of sugar and make it last for hours of scamming with free Wi-Fi! I drink ridiculous volumes of coffee :D

24. flower girl

Same here ☕️

25. Always in Trouble

Always in Trouble New Member

New here, but these comments are actually making me laugh.. thank you for cheering me up! I think I've had all of those excuses except the storm one! :) My rat slept until 2 most days, before heading off to drink his one cup of coffee, lasting 4 hours minimum. Personally my bum would ache sitting on it for that long every day! :p

Olivia 24, Heidi and Mango Chutney like this.