flower power the big gesture

Discussion in 'Rat Behavior' started by sparkle, Dec 9, 2010.

1. sparkle

sparkle Classy Bird

Anyone had this special treatment? The first night I met him he showered my with flower petals. He bought the whole tray of flowers from the seller and had him break them down then shower me whilst we danced. My God it's the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me! No wonder I fell hook line and sinker. Just wondering if it's something he thought of or is it an old trick he learnt in bezness school. lol

Judithlyn and Mystery like this.
  2. tunisblue

tunisblue Active Member

sounds a bit like 'bed of roses' but he must have come up on his own. i would have laughed at him, so rest assured someone will!

Judithlyn likes this.
  3. sparkle

sparkle Classy Bird

correction I did say he paid... !!!!!

4. Laurence

Laurence Well-Known Member

In my country we say "sacrify a small fish to catch a big one"... him paying has to be seen as in investment for the future.
    Well, the gesture was romantic enough, although "normal" tunesian men would never ever do this, because they are very discrete and don't want to expose their feelings that way in public...

Judithlyn and AmberHeart like this.
  5. sparkle

sparkle Classy Bird

You are so right.
    What is your country Laurence if you don't mind me asking?

6. alAzima

alAzima Administrator & Voice of Reason Staff Member

My husband ( not a rat ) did bring me flowers to the airport when we first met, however due to my 12 hour delay from Milan ( yes I said 12 hours!!) he said I bought you flowers but I tossed them because I got tired of carrying them all over Tunis from the airport to the hotel and back again trying to find out where you were. Bwahahahha. Since then I got flowers only when our son was born.

7. DragonZest

DragonZest TLR tester

I'd say this is definatly a new one! Never heard of them doing this before...give it 6 months though and the word will spread! :tongue:

Judithlyn and lucy jane like this.
  8. WildCat

WildCat Guest

You mean 6hrs? :ben:

Judithlyn likes this.
  9. alAzima

alAzima Administrator & Voice of Reason Staff Member

As soon as I get home from work and the mister gets home, I'll be straight away asking where is my flower shower? :mad:

Yeh right, I'll just be happy to find the house in one piece, the kids semi-clean, and no extra laundry to do

10. DragonZest

DragonZest TLR tester

lols...ok ok i was giving them the benefit of the doubt a bit to much i think!

11. TunisiaMoon

TunisiaMoon Guest

My hubby has to be the least romantic bloke in the entire world. :huh: He says if I want flowers I can buy them and he will give me the money back. :spank:
    Same goes for christmas. He said he will give me some money to buy myself a gift....

12. TunisiaMoon

TunisiaMoon Guest

Actually, the first time we spent my birthday together this year.... I twisted his arm to go buy me a card and he did...
    He gave me the card still in the wrapper with no writing in it and a 99p sticker on the back..

(I really wish I was joking) :zwall::zwall::zwall:

13. WouldI

WouldI Guest

I did hear a story from a lady married to a Tunisian guy who bought all the flowers from a flower seller for her - like two armsful!!! I have never heard the dancing under flower petals thingy before though, not really my thing :puke:;)

14. paula01

paula01 Well-Known Member

I only ever got one flower and that was on our wedding day;) he said that the men at the airport looked false and stupid :huh: a long row of them with their droopy flowers;) made me cringe :ben:

15. Laurence

Laurence Well-Known Member

Sparkle, I wonder what has been coming afterwards this "flower shower"...did the romantic one catch the big fish afterwards???
    I know of rats that paid first tickets to tunisia for their victims (on the internet), another way to "sacrifice a small fish to catch a real big one"!
    I am from the Benelux let's say...
    A question one should ask to herself when a rat starts spending money on a woman : where does he get the cash???? certainly not by working a normal job!!! I know of a rat in my south tunesian town spending good money on one victim (papers to europe are possible with her), money he gets from other women (only providers of cash, no papers possible)...

Judithlyn likes this.
  16. Caramel

Caramel Clairvoyante !!

Usually, its just one Rose - yes they study but yours took this action to another level. He did not mind spending because he knew that he would recover those funds and more. Speculate to accumulate - that's the thinking behind this!

Judithlyn likes this.
  17. sparkle

sparkle Classy Bird

But how did he know? I must have had prat written on my forehead :D

18. Caramel

Caramel Clairvoyante !!

No you didnt. They are just practised in what they do. They know that these little gestures make us go all mushy. We are not about money, big presents or material things but we are soppy and very sentimental and they get to us every time. The men in Europe dont do this, so when we see this for the first time...... we think 'how romantic? Ah! Thats how they get us.
    :innocent::spank:

AmberHeart likes this.
  19. Madame2010

Madame2010 Active Member

How true is that. Funny but I never thought of myself as being particularly romantic before but I guess I am just a big old softie really.

20. marissa

marissa Member

Mine did the same. All time flowers in airport. Each time I went there very nice dressed with a nice bouquet of flowers waiting for me....I think this was his good side..."the angel"....

AmberHeart likes this.
  21. marilyna

marilyna Chocolate Connoisseur

Caramel, my ex, English used to have a flower arrangement sent to my flat every week. Made me very mushy,lol. The rat I met a few weeks ago, needs to up his game big time if he wants to compare himself to the ex,lol.

22. the highlander

the highlander Well-Known Member

hahahaha now as a gid scot
    what kinda flour wid ye like
    plain or self rasin
    now get in the kitchen and start baking hahahahahahah
    ora best
    the hairy one

23. Madame2010

Madame2010 Active Member

ha ha ha! Gotta be self raising otherwise you're past it :blush:
    Mx

24. Caramel

Caramel Clairvoyante !!

:rofl2::rofl2:
    Nice one! With lots of baking powder added for extra rising power.

25. paula01

paula01 Well-Known Member

Too much info :blush::ben: