Going back to Tunisia

Discussion in 'Ben's Corner' started by Ranya, Jan 3, 2014.

?

Will you go back to Tunisia after a rat experience?

Poll closed Aug 3, 2014.
  1. Yes to be with him

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes to finish my marriage or other business

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Never ever

28.6%
  4. Yes but with my eyes wide open and fully beware of rats

71.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ranya

Ranya Member

Hi guys,

Waking up to sunshine and blue skies, a daily swim, reading an entire novel, lazing for hours outdoors and enjoying sun. The reasons for a holiday. Spend a lot of money for a holiday to get all of this in return. At least that's how a " normal" holiday should be.

Thanks to my personal bad rat experience, I came back home more stressed then I was before I went to Tunisia. The love story is great to tell, but the things I found out at this website that were true made me realise i'm dealing with a rat. This left me heartbroken and depressed. I feel more stress then before I went to Tunisia, so basically this holiday was nothing more then a nightmare...

I'm wondering if there are people here that share my thoughts about never going back there again. And if there are people that are going/went back after their bad experience and their experiences etc...

2. MH007

MH007 Moderator Staff Member

Dear Ranya

I think your experience will resonate with a lot of the member on here. I went to Tunisia and met my 'rat' however nothing happened as I was with my son but when I returned home there was this feeling of 'what if?' and 'is there really something there?'. I returned home and the stress I felt was enormous I have lost 12 kilo's and dropped 2 dress sizes so for me this is GREAT! Always a positive side to everything hey?

I did return about 2 months later (sorry ladies I haven't admitted this bit!) and spent time with my rat, he was charming, attentive and respectful.

Because of this site and a facebook group I went back aware of the tricks that can be played and true to form some of these arose but because being forewarned meant I was forearmed I didn't fall for them.

Anyway, I do still speak to my rat, he doesn't ask me for anything but the stress is still there, eventually I will block his number but I am not quite strong enough to do it at the moment, it is nice to receive texts etc albeit knowing that it is almost certainly scripted.

I really feel for you as I know exactly what you are feeling and going through!

Eventually you will start to see through the charm and the lies, gradually they will start to annoy you but even then you won't let go..........!

Take care hunni, we will get through this and be better people on the other side :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cloud, FoolInLove, Meteorite and 5 others like this.
  3. Ranya

Ranya Member

The weight loss is so great I know haha but the weight that comes back when the depression is gone is bad :(
    I hope you will get so far at a point to block him and put him out of your heart and mind. I'm sure you're strong enought to do that.
    The longer I stay with someone the difficult it gets to leave him because he will be in my system. It's a psychological thing i read about one time.
    Can you tell me abou tthe FB page you were talking about? I'm still desperately looking for info about my rat at this website nobody recognized him even i put pix in the gallery, so maybe the FB page you were talking about can help??

4. Amber

Amber oo la la ;)

Dear Rayna ,
    As long as you are still fragile to your rat ,i think you shouln't contemplate returning to Tunisia...there are so many nice other places to have a restful holiday...Morever,sadly ,the current situation and the collapse of standards in many hotels make it really unattractive...not to say dangerous.
    To answer your question , my personal experience was that turning back only once to Tunisia after the awakening about the rattery , though far from the rat in a total different place was not exactly a relaxing holiday...It was programmed by someone else and i followed ,not wanting to tar the whole country with the same brush for personal reasons, and as we say" riding the horse "just after a fall...it was much too fresh , and in my opinion ,once burnt and you're aware of bezness, you can 't stand the ratty atmosphere everywhere...once the bubble is burst and hurt i see no point or positive side to go back there , to make it short...

habibi mrabet, Stina, Pearla and 7 others like this.
  5. Ranya

Ranya Member

thanks amber you are so right about not turning back in this state of mind. Ofcourse my heart says to go and spent as much time as possible with him because he's on my mind 24/7. But thanks to TLR i'm aware of the negative losses, so my mind is holding me back. It's such a pity that a country thats needs tourism isn't protecting tourists with this. I also noticed that the hotel policy wasn't strict in hotel workers that hook up with tourists. I remember in Egypt that a bartender took a tourist to his room an he got fired the next day.. My rat just took me to his room we left the hotel together everybody could see us and I even warned him for being so obvious but he didn't care..

cloud, Angel14, Nali and 4 others like this.
  6. anisa90

anisa90 New Member

hey ranya!!
    ive been visiting Tunisia since 2010, which in those years have had 2 ex bf's from hammamet, only one was a bad experience, my love rat experience ended last year may, it broke my heart for a while, but I was soon back in sept. never let one rat ruin a whole great holiday you had. you can return as much as you like, but with your eyes wide open. I always said im never going back, but my bad experience never stopped me from going to enjoy myself. as I went back and never went near a guy, so enjoyed it a lot more :) ill be back next month..

7. Ranya

Ranya Member

Thats good 2 hear. How was your holiday? any rats?

8. lemonfizz

lemonfizz Member

Hi Ranya, I went back to Tunisia in December and saw my rat after 4 years of not seeing him. He came to the hotel where I was staying. The truth is I saw him for what he is. I felt nothing for him and my experience with him did not and will not put me off returning to Tunisia. I do not take any of their crap.

Amira, marilyna and Ellie1 like this.
  9. CUDDLE

CUDDLE Well-Known Member

The important part is 4 yrs had passed by since you last saw your Rat Lemonfizz.....

This is crucial...give yourself time to heal....the mind can readjust and be free from clouded judgement and the pink fluffy clouds have long dissappeared..

cloud, Meteorite, Angel14 and 3 others like this.
  10. crystal

crystal The Punchy Scot

Yes just the bad taste in the mouth is left..

cloud, CUDDLE and Ellie1 like this.
  11. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

Travel back to Tunisia after i have all this on TLR ? country is ok but to relax there ? when you knows it is a lot off rats around you and who you feel safe With it all time you have to have Your eyes open front and back and do nor forget to Close safe Box on hotel do not take to much Money outside maybe some one is raped you . if some thing happend to you will you get a help from police ????travel to a country who you is goes around and are afraid all time it is not a Nice holiday

12. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong With Tunisia as a country but problem is who is a rat ? it is impossiable to see if a person is honest or not ? and to trust People there is not good for Your self maybe you make trouble for Your self

Fern and Meteorite like this.
  13. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

Egypt is differents from Tunisia they care more about tourist in Egypt

Meteorite likes this.
  14. Meteorite

Meteorite Well-Known Member

Yes Amira its difficult to know if someone is honest, even here in the UK. Best to keep your eyes closed enjoy the sun and hide the purse! Dont go out at night to clubs with them and dont entertain them with niceities. Simple yes no thank you will suffice and soon they will get the message your here to enjoy the weather and not thier company. Give them an inch and they will take a mile, its a shame we cant give them a noose and they hang themselves!

15. Meteorite

I agree Amira. I have been to Egypt many times before visiting Tunisia. I must admit I do feel safer in Luxor than Sousse, the tourist police in Egypt are amazing and they are stationed all along the road, and in cars and on foot, they are never far away. I even took a walk at 3am on my own to get some food and had absolutely no hassel whatsoever. But that's not all, I found the Egyptian men were polite, didn't leer at you like you were a piece of meat, never once was propositioned for sex, they have more respect for women too. Beautiful place Egypt, I think I may be making this my destination of choice from now on :)

Amira likes this.
  16. Kitty Mahboula

Kitty Mahboula Well-Known Member

I think Tunisia as a holiday destination is a nightmare, you get hassled to death from the boys, and the shop keepers, the flies, you get leered at everywhere you go, you can't even look in anyone's direction and they think you are coming on to them, everyone tries to chat you up and rip you off big time, the customer service there is non existent, the streets are very badly littered, there are stray starving cats everywhere, emaciated horses being worked to death, food slops served up morning noon and night, only nice thing are the beaches and they can be pretty manky too sometimes - plenty of other countries in the world

surf, Meteorite, FoolInLove and 2 others like this.
  17. Meteorite

Sooooo Kitty :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle: No more Tunisia for you then :D:D:D:D Maybe see you in Luxor........no beaches at all though and the river nille is minging, but a falukah ride at sunset is to die for and something you must have on your bucket list :)

18. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Don´t get your hopes up, dear :whistle:

http://www.beznessalert.com/eng/bezness_egypt.html

Amira and Meteorite like this.
  19. Meteorite

maybe I wasn't looking old enough for them back then hahahahahaha :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D:D or maybe it was big Simon I latched onto as soon as I got there haha, my buddy built like a shit house but oh so much fun :)

20. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

Egypt is differents from Tunisia they care more about tourist in Egypt
    if a egyptian man do something wrong With a tourist in Egypt he will happend up in jail sure because tourist police in Egypt is very strong and yes i agree With you me to i was feel 100% more safe in Egypt even in hotels you get more service and People is more helpfull egyptian People is friendly yes but Meteorite if i was you take care off egyptian men you say they have respekt for women ? my answer is NO

FoolInLove and Meteorite like this.
  21. Meteorite

Thanks Amira, my last time there was a few years ago before (the start of their revolution). I suppose it will have changed now, similar to Tunisia after 2011. I think you can be rest assured that wherever I go in the world, I will be enjoying my holiday without the locals being a part of it. Eyes open purse shut!!!! Always from now on!

Amira likes this.
  22. Kitty Mahboula

I have to go back as all my summer clothes and shoes are there at the in laws, a massive case full, am not losing those

Amira and Meteorite like this.
  23. Meteorite

I have two cases full of shoes and clothes and make up and jewary and personal stuff and my wedding dress any chance you could swing by Menzel Hayet and pick those up too?

If not they can stay there forever as I know better than to set foot in that place again, after my damage on TLR and fb, and further to the photo shown to @FoolInLove of what kind of people they are :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I would rather have my life than material things that can be replaced.....................................

The money you will spend on going over flights, hotel, spends etc, save it and buy new clothes and then go on holiday somewhere you like!:)

Gilly Bean and FoolInLove like this.
  24. Kitty Mahboula

The vultures have probably stolen and sold it

25. Meteorite

Probably been used in annimation sketches! Or every woman in his city has borrowed something! Or perhaps they still have the rag and bone man, well they are still living in the cavemen days! Kitty seriously hun is it really worth paying all that money to go over and have a miserable time in a place you dont like only to find the thing you went to collect has been burned through spite? or sold or given away. All that way for nothing???? Go treat yourself, much more satisfacton in getting new stuff and enjoying your holiday than being miserable and losing yet more money in Tunisia xx

cloud, surf, Heidi and 1 other person like this.