Hackers hit Tunisian government websites

alAzima

Administrator & Voice of Reason
Staff member
There has been no real confirmation of this. The information started last night around 5pm my time ( Eastern USA) and has continued through this morning. Some say it's blocked, others say it works but it's slow and the entire internet has slowed down considerably, some say they can access it only through a proxy.

As you said this may be regional, it may be part of them trying to catch up on their spying of various facebook activity, or it could be a precursor to a real and final shut down of facebook and/ or the internet.

I fear that, not because of how angry it will make people, but because it gives them a true license to kill and we'll see an untold amount of bodies piling up as they feel they can hide the evidence with no facebook or twitter to share with the rest of the world.

I was talking to a friend in Jendouba last night and said facebook is blocked. He said no it's not, I'm on it now. A few hours passed and he gets me on MSN and says my facebook will not work, I can not connect to the log in page no matter what I do.

alAzima

Staff member
I shared on Anon, but in Jendouba they have now burned down and destroyed 2 out of 3 post offices, STEG (office for power and electric utilities) the Monoprix, Secom ( a clothing store / chain ) Moldi Ayari (another food store ) the RCD headquarters building, other government offices, lit fires in the streets with the things they pulled out of those places, and also on the train tracks, so the train can no longer pass through Jendouba and service has been cut until further notice.

The only way to get food and goods would be the small hanout style shops and I don't think they can supply all of Jendouba. Also now that the post offices are gone, no one can get paid. All of the government employees, education employees, retirees, military retirees, etc all get their pay at the post office.

Dreama

Theyre saying gangs working for the government are going around being violent & destroying places with TV cameras following them around so they can make out all the protesters are just terrorists. :O

alAzima

Staff member
Yes I have heard that as well. I wouldn't put it past the government and it's something I could believe, but a lot of me thinks it's angry people, angry youth and many of the places where it is happening are places that saw the Facebook images of what's happened in Kasserine and Thela and they got so angry and felt this was the answer.

It's not at all the answer, not at all.

Dreama

Im just worried if it is true the rest of the world (apart from us that know the truth) might believe Ben Ali's lies & not help those poor people & they may give up their fight & end up worse off than they were before all this because if he stays in power theres no doubt in my mind that he will punish the people & give them even less right & freedom to teach them a lesson.

Top Bottom