Has anyone been scammed by Mouhamed Abidi from Tunisia?

Discussion in 'Online Rats' started by jane doe, Dec 13, 2015.

1. jane doe

jane doe Guest

Does anyone recognize this name? He has made contact and seems like he might be a scammer.

ijs likes this.
  2. Sun rise

Sun rise Well-Known Member

Welcome @jane doe,
    Did you look in the gallery over here already ;) try some google to. I hope some one can help you!

Stina and Lily Mae like this.
  3. Lily Mae

Lily Mae Well-Known Member

Hi @jane doe
    Welcome to TLR:) I don't recognise the name, it may take a while for someone to come forward,but I hope someone can help you:)
    maybe in the meantime you could read a few threads to see if his behaviour is similar to others experiences xx

Stina likes this.
  4. jane doe

jane doe Guest

He is "wooing" my friend, and I am really worried. I hope someone comes forward to show her he's the trouble I think he is!

5. Big Bang Theory

Big Bang Theory Well-Known Member

Can you post a link to his Facebook?

6. jane doe

jane doe Guest

I'm not on Facebook, but I know he is. He spells his name like this and is from Tunis, Tunisia. Mouhamed Abidi

7. jane doe

jane doe Guest

I have looked, but no luck so far. My friend is flying to Africa to see him. I'm scared for her, but she won't listen to reason.

8. jane doe

jane doe Guest

His behavior is just like so many others. He's telling my friend everything she wants to hear, and he's 20 years younger than her! He wants to come to the U.S. AND she is going to Africa to meet him and his family.

AmberHeart likes this.
  9. Tiger

Tiger Well-Known Member

I am really sorry to hear about your friend. If she is 20 years older then him, believe me it is a scam from his side. Like i guess you read here age gap is not accepted in Tunisia. It is only done with western women. Everybody, his family, his friends and naibours know what it is all about. Be aware that Usa is the new target country for Tunisian love rats. Europe have become so difficult to access. And visa for these men are refuse . So they serch for new hunting grounds.
    Your friend is most likely in the "love bombing" period. Like you say he tell her all she want to hear. She is beautiful , age is just a number, he do not like Tunisian women, he love her and want to stay with her forever. He will take out his eyes for her to make her happy for the rest of her life!!
    Most likely he also tell about his missrebal life in Tunisia. And how they can live happy ever after if she just help him to get a chance in US.
    She must also know that to talk to his family on Skype is a red flag. A deasant Tunisian family would never do so. And it is not accepted way to intoduse a future wife. Also if they alow her to come and visit/stay in their home are a no no! It is not how it is done there.
    If they allow that it is showing her no respect.And also believe me, with a age gap at 20 years they do not respect her at all. It is done for one reason if they do, and that is for benefits. She is their sons ticket to the US. Like that he can get a better life and also take care financely of his family in Tunisia.
    Try to make her read here. If she go she will just in the Tunisian eyes be a fool who they lought at behind her back wile they play "love and respect you so much"
    And in the end she end up more hurt then she ever had been in her life.
    To loose money is one thing, but to be used , abused , lied to and make fool of is the most davistating feeling. She go like a lamb to the sloughter bench if she do not open her eyes

Amira, AmberHeart, Ginny and 7 others like this.
  10. jane doe

jane doe Guest

Thank you so much. I will try to get my friend to read this and take it to heart!

AmberHeart and Stina like this.
  11. Tiger

Tiger Well-Known Member

Please do before she make her biggest mistake in her life. And also going there is really dangerus now. It is not safe there. And that is not only for Europeans. Things have change a lot in Tunisia. IS is growing there and also people have change a lot in the way they look at westens. Life is hard there bc of lack of tourists. Many are desperate and crime increases,

Stina and Laura2014 like this.
  12. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Hi dear, you really don´t need confirmation. Just let your friend read Lellaji´s thread. Your friend is heading for a monstrous heartache

http://www.tunisianloverats.com/threads/lellaji-still-under-shock-and-need-to-talk.3890/

AmberHeart, Stina, FoolInLove and 2 others like this.
  13. Lily Mae

Lily Mae Well-Known Member

I hope you manage to get your friend to read here and understand what they are like, the family will definitely be in on it and it is sick the lengths they go to make it seem 'real'
    Rats are very good at what they do and the way they manipulate you into believing you are the only one and they really want a future with you but in reality you are just a means to an end
    I really really hope she listens to you and sees sense, good luck xx

ijs, Stina, Sun rise and 2 others like this.
  14. Big Bang Theory

Try to get her to watch 90 day fiancé season 2..... tell her there's a couple on there and he is Tunisian so she might find it interesting........

Fern, Stina, FoolInLove and 1 other person like this.
  15. jane doe

jane doe Guest

Thanks so much, I'll do my best to get her to see the truth.

ijs, Fern, Stina and 1 other person like this.
  16. jane doe

jane doe Guest

I will do that, thank you. There are plenty of good men in the US, she doesn't need this guy!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
    Fern, Stina and Lily Mae like this.
  17. jane doe

jane doe Guest

Will do, thanks.

18. Big Bang Theory

I've found the best thing to do is drip feed information about bezness and tell her stories you've read on here, without directly accusing her guy (rat). Be supportive while still expressing concern.

When I've directly warned someone and accused their guy, it's just alienated them and broken the friendship, pushing her closer to him.

Now I use the tactic of drip feeding and hope they come to the realisation on their own. If not.... I am still there drip feeding and when the shit does hit the fan we are still friends and she knows she can come to me for support without fearing I will say 'I told you so'

If you do find some definite proof that he's bezness it might be better to find someone else to tell her or give her the info....... because otherwise she's likely to 'shoot the messenger' (you)

If someone else gives the her the info the door will still be open for her to talk to you about it and discuss her worries......

Stina, ijs, cheryl and 9 others like this.
  19. Tiger

Tiger Well-Known Member

Best way to do it. Just tell what some do. To just say "he is a rat" just make the victim put up the guard. To see the trut is a prosess. But little by little she will see the truth

Stina, ijs and jane doe like this.
  20. cheryl

cheryl Well-Known Member

...she doesn't need him; but he is probably desperate for "golden goose from abroad" ( sorry for expression).... and he will do anything not to lose her and benefit from her

jane doe and ijs like this.
  21. ijs

ijs Well-Known Member

22. ijs

ijs Well-Known Member

I agree, a friend tells you the truth. I agree, only when doubts creep in can a victim let down the barriers to receive the truth.

magic likes this.
  23. ijs

ijs Well-Known Member

Is this him too? http://vk.com/id181142584

24. jane doe

jane doe Guest

25. jane doe

jane doe Guest

You are right. He is even reaching out to her family to "prove his love." No man of honor would need to work this hard.

Lily Mae, ijs and magic like this.