Has anyone been scammed by Mouhamed Abidi from Tunisia?

J

jane doe

Does anyone recognize this name? He has made contact and seems like he might be a scammer.

Reactions: ijs

Lily Mae

Hi @jane doe
Welcome to TLR:) I don't recognise the name, it may take a while for someone to come forward,but I hope someone can help you:)
maybe in the meantime you could read a few threads to see if his behaviour is similar to others experiences xx

J

jane doe

He is "wooing" my friend, and I am really worried. I hope someone comes forward to show her he's the trouble I think he is!

J

jane doe

Welcome @jane doe,
Did you look in the gallery over here already ;) try some google to. I hope some one can help you!
I have looked, but no luck so far. My friend is flying to Africa to see him. I'm scared for her, but she won't listen to reason.

J

jane doe

Hi @jane doe
Welcome to TLR:) I don't recognise the name, it may take a while for someone to come forward,but I hope someone can help you:)
maybe in the meantime you could read a few threads to see if his behaviour is similar to others experiences xx
His behavior is just like so many others. He's telling my friend everything she wants to hear, and he's 20 years younger than her! He wants to come to the U.S. AND she is going to Africa to meet him and his family.

Tiger

His behavior is just like so many others. He's telling my friend everything she wants to hear, and he's 20 years younger than her! He wants to come to the U.S. AND she is going to Africa to meet him and his family.
I am really sorry to hear about your friend. If she is 20 years older then him, believe me it is a scam from his side. Like i guess you read here age gap is not accepted in Tunisia. It is only done with western women. Everybody, his family, his friends and naibours know what it is all about. Be aware that Usa is the new target country for Tunisian love rats. Europe have become so difficult to access. And visa for these men are refuse . So they serch for new hunting grounds.
Your friend is most likely in the "love bombing" period. Like you say he tell her all she want to hear. She is beautiful , age is just a number, he do not like Tunisian women, he love her and want to stay with her forever. He will take out his eyes for her to make her happy for the rest of her life!!
Most likely he also tell about his missrebal life in Tunisia. And how they can live happy ever after if she just help him to get a chance in US.
She must also know that to talk to his family on Skype is a red flag. A deasant Tunisian family would never do so. And it is not accepted way to intoduse a future wife. Also if they alow her to come and visit/stay in their home are a no no! It is not how it is done there.
If they allow that it is showing her no respect.And also believe me, with a age gap at 20 years they do not respect her at all. It is done for one reason if they do, and that is for benefits. She is their sons ticket to the US. Like that he can get a better life and also take care financely of his family in Tunisia.
Try to make her read here. If she go she will just in the Tunisian eyes be a fool who they lought at behind her back wile they play "love and respect you so much"
And in the end she end up more hurt then she ever had been in her life.
To loose money is one thing, but to be used , abused , lied to and make fool of is the most davistating feeling. She go like a lamb to the sloughter bench if she do not open her eyes

J

jane doe

I am really sorry to hear about your friend. If she is 20 years older then him, believe me it is a scam from his side. Like i guess you read here age gap is not accepted in Tunisia. It is only done with western women. Everybody, his family, his friends and naibours know what it is all about. Be aware that Usa is the new target country for Tunisian love rats. Europe have become so difficult to access. And visa for these men are refuse . So they serch for new hunting grounds.
Your friend is most likely in the "love bombing" period. Like you say he tell her all she want to hear. She is beautiful , age is just a number, he do not like Tunisian women, he love her and want to stay with her forever. He will take out his eyes for her to make her happy for the rest of her life!!
Most likely he also tell about his missrebal life in Tunisia. And how they can live happy ever after if she just help him to get a chance in US.
She must also know that to talk to his family on Skype is a red flag. A deasant Tunisian family would never do so. And it is not accepted way to intoduse a future wife. Also if they alow her to come and visit/stay in their home are a no no! It is not how it is done there.
If they allow that it is showing her no respect.And also believe me, with a age gap at 20 years they do not respect her at all. It is done for one reason if they do, and that is for benefits. She is their sons ticket to the US. Like that he can get a better life and also take care financely of his family in Tunisia.
Try to make her read here. If she go she will just in the Tunisian eyes be a fool who they lought at behind her back wile they play "love and respect you so much"
And in the end she end up more hurt then she ever had been in her life.
To loose money is one thing, but to be used , abused , lied to and make fool of is the most davistating feeling. She go like a lamb to the sloughter bench if she do not open her eyes
Thank you so much. I will try to get my friend to read this and take it to heart!

Tiger

Thank you so much. I will try to get my friend to read this and take it to heart!
Please do before she make her biggest mistake in her life. And also going there is really dangerus now. It is not safe there. And that is not only for Europeans. Things have change a lot in Tunisia. IS is growing there and also people have change a lot in the way they look at westens. Life is hard there bc of lack of tourists. Many are desperate and crime increases,

Heidi

The Sleuth - Staff Member

Lily Mae

I hope you manage to get your friend to read here and understand what they are like, the family will definitely be in on it and it is sick the lengths they go to make it seem 'real'
Rats are very good at what they do and the way they manipulate you into believing you are the only one and they really want a future with you but in reality you are just a means to an end
I really really hope she listens to you and sees sense, good luck xx

J

jane doe

I hope you manage to get your friend to read here and understand what they are like, the family will definitely be in on it and it is sick the lengths they go to make it seem 'real'
Rats are very good at what they do and the way they manipulate you into believing you are the only one and they really want a future with you but in reality you are just a means to an end
I really really hope she listens to you and sees sense, good luck xx
Thanks so much, I'll do my best to get her to see the truth.

Big Bang Theory

Staff member
He is "wooing" my friend, and I am really worried. I hope someone comes forward to show her he's the trouble I think he is!
I've found the best thing to do is drip feed information about bezness and tell her stories you've read on here, without directly accusing her guy (rat). Be supportive while still expressing concern.

When I've directly warned someone and accused their guy, it's just alienated them and broken the friendship, pushing her closer to him.

Now I use the tactic of drip feeding and hope they come to the realisation on their own. If not.... I am still there drip feeding and when the shit does hit the fan we are still friends and she knows she can come to me for support without fearing I will say 'I told you so'

If you do find some definite proof that he's bezness it might be better to find someone else to tell her or give her the info....... because otherwise she's likely to 'shoot the messenger' (you)

If someone else gives the her the info the door will still be open for her to talk to you about it and discuss her worries......

Tiger

I've found the best thing to do is drip feed information about bezness and tell her stories you've read on here, without directly accusing her guy (rat). Be supportive while still expressing concern.

When I've directly warned someone and accused their guy, it's just alienated them and broken the friendship, pushing her closer to him.

Now I use the tactic of drip feeding and hope they come to the realisation on their own. If not.... I am still there drip feeding and when the shit does hit the fan we are still friends and she knows she can come to me for support without fearing I will say 'I told you so'

If you do find some definite proof that he's bezness it might be better to find someone else to tell her or give her the info....... because otherwise she's likely to 'shoot the messenger' (you)

If someone else gives the her the info the door will still be open for her to talk to you about it and discuss her worries......
Best way to do it. Just tell what some do. To just say "he is a rat" just make the victim put up the guard. To see the trut is a prosess. But little by little she will see the truth

cheryl

I will do that, thank you. There are plenty of good men in the US, she doesn't need this guy!
...she doesn't need him; but he is probably desperate for "golden goose from abroad" ( sorry for expression).... and he will do anything not to lose her and benefit from her

ijs

To just say "he is a rat" just make the victim put up the guard.
I agree, a friend tells you the truth. I agree, only when doubts creep in can a victim let down the barriers to receive the truth.

J

jane doe

...she doesn't need him; but he is probably desperate for "golden goose from abroad" ( sorry for expression).... and he will do anything not to lose her and benefit from her
You are right. He is even reaching out to her family to "prove his love." No man of honor would need to work this hard.

Top Bottom