Have you met the "love of your life" online - watch this ....

Discussion in 'Online Rats' started by BrownGirl, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Milly Yarde

Milly Yarde New Member

Hello, I hope you are all well. You might remember a few years ago, the UK broadcaster, Channel 5, released a hit series about marriage immigration fraud, called Holiday Love Rats Exposed. The series explored this little-known area and brought these scams, and the terrible impact on sometimes vulnerable men and women, to public attention. The contributors involved thanked us for giving their cases traction. You may have come across an organisation called Immigration Marriage Fraud UK (immigrationmarriagefrauduk.co.uk); we’re working with founder Dee and contributor Kim to make a further documentary.

We’re keen to hear from people who’ve been affected by marriage fraud. Ideally, this would be someone who went on holiday and met someone, perhaps married them, brought them home to the UK or America (or planned to do so), only to find that their partner was sadly only with them for a visa, money etc.. Does this ring any bells for you?

You could be based in the UK or further afield.

We do of course understand that discussing these matters is highly sensitive but I can assure you that any initial conversations will remain confidential and be for research purposes only. If you then feel comfortable taking it further, we can discuss it [​IMG]:)

Nine Lives Media, the independent television company making this documentary, has won two Baftas, an International Emmy plus RTS awards and prides itself on working with contributors on sensitive issues.

If you think you fit the bill, please feel free to message me for a call back, call me on 0161 832 2007 or email me on [email protected]. Our turnaround time is quite tight, and we’ll need to identify potential contributors swiftly, so if you'd like to contribute please do send me a message :)

Many thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Stop spamming the forum, you imbecile

Laura2014 and Mango Chutney like this.
  3. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

I was literally gonna just comment about that!
    Milly, could you please just start your own thread. We've put a lot of time, tears and effort into these threads....and you are ruining them all with spam!
    You are highly unlikely to find anybody willing here....because we all know what the media does...they make the victim look stupid, instead of helping our battle and exposing this despicable scam.

Heidi, Judithlyn and Lovelylondon like this.
  4. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

@Milly Yarde , that's all TLR is worth :confused: a Production Trainee at Channel 4 :D

5. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

:D:D:D

Judithlyn, juicyfruit and Heidi like this.
  6. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

7. Milly Yarde

Milly Yarde New Member

That is quite personal and demeaning - I've been very polite and apologised for posting twice which I did by accident. I'm sure you're aware that you can do training at any point in your career and the one you've linked to isn't the same as the one I have done. If you aren't interested in contributing then that's totally fine, if I am not wanted here then please feel free to remove me - although that might be a disservice to the people who want to contribute.

8. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

twice :confused:

Milly Yarde replied to the thread Have you met the "love of your life" online - watch this .....
    Hello, I hope you are all well. You might remember a few years ago, the UK broadcaster, Channel 5, released a hit series about marriage...

Milly Yarde posted a new thread.
    Have you been scammed by a love rat? TV documentary
    Hello, you might remember a few years ago, the UK broadcaster, Channel 5, released a hit series about marriage immigration fraud, called...

Milly Yarde replied to the thread Common Rat Quotes.
    ~ Admins please let me know if I need to remove this post ~ Hello, thank you for accepting me into your group! I hope you are all well....

Milly Yarde replied to the thread Victims of the rat - their most popular targets.
    ~ Admins please let me know if I need to remove this post ~ Hello, thank you for accepting me into your group! I hope you are all well....

Milly Yarde replied to the thread Rat Behaviour - the tell-tail signs to look for.

Milly Yarde replied to the thread Wedding money stolen 25 days before wedding.

Milly Yarde replied to the thread Warning Signs.

I'm not a mod. I can't remove you but I can post here ;)
    I wonder if Immigration Marriage Fraud UK gave you permission to post that here:

You may have come across an organisation called Immigration Marriage Fraud UK (immigrationmarriagefrauduk.co.uk); we’re working with founder Dee and contributor Kim to make a further documentary.