help with my 70yr old who has married a 27 yr tunisian boy

Kim Parker

hi i am trying to stop this young boy my aunt has married last week she done this without telling any members of the family she was widowed 6 yrs ago her house is paid for also she hasnt got any money worries she says the so called husband arranged a prenup that was in english as well as in arabic she has 2 adult children and 1 grandchild i am at my wits end she had only met this boy once before in march she says they have been talking for about a yr i am not sure if she met him on facebook or another website i asked her if he or she knew about bezness but she is saying the usual line this is a true relationship that he is a beautiful person with a heart of gold ploz any advice would be welcome ty xx

the nutty professor

Bad Teacher
hi kim
the prenup could be on the marriage cert which says "separate assets" or words to that effect.
it has NO legal standing in England (Scots Law is slightly different)

If they live together jointly in her home as an established married couple he MAY be able to claim assets from her if they split up.
the only safe way is a UK pre-nup.

i assume him real name is mohammed ali brahli - dali short version

marilyna

Chocolate Connoisseur
Hi Kim,

Welcome to TLR. This whole situation must be really distressing for you. I hope that you are able to do something at this stage. Hopefully, his visa does not go through, given she only met him once before they married.

If it does not go through, do you think she is prepared to live in Tunisia?

Browning

Omg she's 70 and he's 27! Doubt he'll get through so easily but she will have the opportunity to appeal which I'm sure she will. So sorry your in this situation, you must feel so helpless. It is too late for you to do anything as she's already married him, she will have to learn the hard way. Put it this way, I was the same age and religion and I got screwed over so I'm afraid your aunt doesn't stand a chance.

Kim Parker

thank you everyone for your kind words support and info i am going to find out if the prenup is on the marriage cert and i will try and get her top get a english one drawn up her daughter is devastated and really cant discuss it with her mum she is so angry all the family are in shock i did contact the U K Border agency to ask their advice i am now going to put it all into writing and let them know what the situation is and if he is granted a visa i am going to tell them, i will contact the media with the current immigration situation in this country in the news so much i am sure they would be interested to know the border agency were made aware of this problem before he got here we have all told her we will not entertain this marriage and will do all we can to stop his fun and games i am also going to send him a message telling him we have made the ukiba aware of him and how this sham marrige came about i am just thinking it just might give him something to think about also he has found the only weak one of this extenstive family all the other women are are very strong and sensible and will make mincemeat out of him should he ever get here once again ty all

the nutty professor

Bad Teacher
Hopefully, his visa does not go through, given she only met him once before they married.

If it does not go through, do you think she is prepared to live in Tunisia?
UKBA regs state that the couple only have to have met ONCE in person for the marriage to be valid ie as per an arranged marriage

the loophole you are looking for is "genuine, subsisting relationship" with UKBA examining "genuine" from his side ie what has he contributed to the marriage?
human rights law means that age gap marriages cannot be refused or deemed as invalid unless there are other underlying reasons for an ECO to question the relationship.
hope this helps
xxx

BrownGirl

Moderator And Queen of Summaries
Staff member
thank you everyone for your kind words support and info i am going to find out if the prenup is on the marriage cert and i will try and get her top get a english one drawn up her daughter is devastated and really cant discuss it with her mum she is so angry all the family are in shock i did contact the U K Border agency to ask their advice i am now going to put it all into writing and let them know what the situation is and if he is granted a visa i am going to tell them, i will contact the media with the current immigration situation in this country in the news so much i am sure they would be interested to know the border agency were made aware of this problem before he got here we have all told her we will not entertain this marriage and will do all we can to stop his fun and games i am also going to send him a message telling him we have made the ukiba aware of him and how this sham marrige came about i am just thinking it just might give him something to think about also he has found the only weak one of this extenstive family all the other women are are very strong and sensible and will make mincemeat out of him should he ever get here once again ty all
Be careful you don't alienate her so much that she runs off to Tunisia with all her money - you won't see her again until the money runs out. You need to talk to her about protecting herself and her assets, try to make her look at things logically.
She is 70 and having a nice time, she won't want to give that up easily. If he really has a heart of gold tell her she has nothing to worry about :rolleyes: but she needs to consider the what ifs and make sure she has something to fall back on. You going at it with an attitude of "we aren't entertaining the marriage" is not going to help to make her see sense. Play nice and maybe some people can help here with digging for information. Where in Tunisia is he from?

Amber

oo la la ;)
Hi Kim,

I understand your family is worried ...i had a look at the fb pics , it's a disaster ... terrible ...he could even be the father of the new born on the pics...
According to me you shouln't give up the fight , report him to the immigrattion office and take advise from a lawyer in order to search for protection of her personal belongings. No doubt he is after her money .Even if she is out of reach and rejects your concern , don't let her down in that situation .

I wish you strength and good luck !

marilyna

Chocolate Connoisseur
Kim would you mind posting his photo here, just in case someone else has been involved with him, and may come forward?

Kim Parker

hi everyone i have now uploaded a wedding picture of him plz everyone i know my aunt looks good for 70 but she is a very un street wise lady she has led a very sheltered life she married at 20 and only lost my lovely uncle 6 yrs ago she has a very good social life and loads of friends who she didnt tell about the wedding either someone said does she know he just married her for his golden ticket no she dont she really thinks its deep true love she spouts the same old spill HE TREATS HER LIKE A PRINCESS HE DONT WANT ANYTHING JUST HER i am not going to give up on this i love her so much and cant bare to think of someone doing this to her i have said everything to her about how i feel and have also told her i will always love her and be there to pick up the pieces we are such a close family i know i am only her niece but there is only 20yrs between us i was brought up by her mum so think of all my aunts as sisters

the nutty professor

Bad Teacher
hi everyone i have now uploaded a wedding picture of him plz everyone i know my aunt looks good for 70 but she is a very un street wise lady she has led a very sheltered life she married at 20 and only lost my lovely uncle 6 yrs ago she has a very good social life and loads of friends who she didnt tell about the wedding either someone said does she know he just married her for his golden ticket no she dont she really thinks its deep true love she spouts the same old spill HE TREATS HER LIKE A PRINCESS HE DONT WANT ANYTHING JUST HER i am not going to give up on this i love her so much and cant bare to think of someone doing this to her i have said everything to her about how i feel and have also told her i will always love her and be there to pick up the pieces we are such a close family i know i am only her niece but there is only 20yrs between us i was brought up by her mum so think of all my aunts as sisters
can you post fb link?
where is he from and where is he based?
does he work?

the nutty professor

Bad Teacher

Kim Parker

hi i am only saying tatawin as thats whats on his dali brahmi profile i have just found out that its an 8hr drive from the airport the only thing is she hasnt given us any info as to where she stays when she is there only once she said it was a one of his friends apt she stayed in

Kristy

hi i am only saying tatawin as thats whats on his dali brahmi profile i have just found out that its an 8hr drive from the airport the only thing is she hasnt given us any info as to where she stays when she is there only once she said it was a one of his friends apt she stayed in
Hi Kim, sorry to hear the story, anyway, he can be from far south, but probably in South this kind of relationship won't be so easily accepted than in North or more touristic areas, and Tatawin is touristic but not that much, and she will probably experience some difficulties there in South, why? because this city is near to Libya and their mentality is quite different from people from the North, so probably they are living in Djerba, and your aunt paying everything there :mad: so the best thing you have to do is contacting Tunisia, because be sure she had to fill a form to entry there, and if you really ask for information about her and when she probably has entered Tunisan territory, they will check and provide you some info, but please, do not give money to them, some of these people sometimes only let or provide you with info if you pay, and for God, no you can ask for info without paying after if you decide to go under investigation there to know where is your aunt, so then probably you will need to pay.
Gosh, what a story :sick: This is getting worst about Tunisia and Tunisian men, soon or later this has to stop :Ninja:

Top Bottom