Welcome to TLR

Help with translation?

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
Now something as you have explained would be worth watching, quite a celebration! But also like you said I would think it would be kept in the family also because it’s sacred. This guy just wants to cause grief and chaos that’s all
You know how Hispanic have quince for the 15 year old girl, debutant balls… I’m sure parts of Africa do ceremonies for coming of age… and other cultures as well. So this is part of our culture, our son comes a man. Basically this used to be at home and the son had to sit up in his bed all dressed up for all the day and listen to the activities that he couldn’t participate in… usually they ride in on horse dressed in white costume. Also we used to wait until boy was older, but I decided to do my son younger just so he can get it over…. I actually thought about let doctor do it a week after birth and just have party later on… but my husband kinda flipped out on that idea. Nowadays we are more modern and safe, we will make appointment at a clinic and get the foreskin laser off for fast healing a reduce infection.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
You know how Hispanic have quince for the 15 year old girl, debutant balls… I’m sure parts of Africa do ceremonies for coming of age… and other cultures as well. So this is part of our culture, our son comes a man. Basically this used to be at home and the son had to sit up in his bed all dressed up for all the day and listen to the activities that he couldn’t participate in… usually they ride in on horse dressed in white costume. Also we used to wait until boy was older, but I decided to do my son younger just so he can get it over…. I actually thought about let doctor do it a week after birth and just have party later on… but my husband kinda flipped out on that idea. Nowadays we are more modern and safe, we will make appointment at a clinic and get the foreskin laser off for fast healing a reduce infection.
Good idea if I remember correctly my son had his done after I had him I think you are doing the right thing and keeping within the culture! This is a special occasion to Jewish people as well

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
It sucks that I won't get back the £4k, but I pretty much wrote off getting it back as soon as we split. He has no honour and changes the terms of our agreement because his ego took a bruising by me ending things.

The circumcision dvd... we had a huge fight when I initially said I didn't want it and I had no desire to watch it. Very selfish of me. He actually had previously given it to his last gf, and travelled to China to get it back along with some other things. I haven't watched it and it's sitting in a drawer with the other 'heirlooms'. It was filmed on a video camera in the early 90s and then converted onto dvd more recently. At the time I figured it was just a weird cultural practice that I didn't get. I don't know what the video shows, but I'm not risking sending images of a potentially naked child through the post. He can collect that one.
If you are at all unsure I would actually take it to a police station, explain what you think is on it but you are suspicious and let them deal with it :thumbsup:

Travelled to China to pick up a DVD that he must have copies of.......hmm what's that I smell....

MH x

Sosh

I don't have an issue with the ceremony of circumcision, it just wasn't something that I particularly wanted to watch. He made such a fuss of me being disrespectful of his culture and shitting on one of his only happy memories, I just ended up taking it and not watching it.

He really did go to China to get it back. There was some other stuff as well, but it was about 6 months after we got together. I remember thinking he was a bit of a Dick putting effort into going to China over Christmas when he could have tried to spend it here with me. I feel bad for his ex, he always called her a golddigger, but now that he's said the same thing to me I wonder what the real story is. I know she paid for his flight and he refused to pay her back. At least he got his dvd back though.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have an issue with the ceremony of circumcision, it just wasn't something that I particularly wanted to watch. He made such a fuss of me being disrespectful of his culture and shitting on one of his only happy memories, I just ended up taking it and not watching it.

He really did go to China to get it back. There was some other stuff as well, but it was about 6 months after we got together. I remember thinking he was a bit of a Dick putting effort into going to China over Christmas when he could have tried to spend it here with me. I feel bad for his ex, he always called her a golddigger, but now that he's said the same thing to me I wonder what the real story is. I know she paid for his flight and he refused to pay her back. At least he got his dvd back though.
I still don't believe a word he is telling you, @Aisha1 I understand they video the celebrations after but do they video the actual circumcision?

Did you know he would need a visa to travel to China, how did he get that?

Sorry it is not you I disbelieve but I can't help feeling he is feeding you a lot of BS.

MH x

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
I still don't believe a word he is telling you, @Aisha1 I understand they video the celebrations after but do they video the actual circumcision?

Sorry it is not you I disbelieve but I can't help feeling he is feeding you a lot of BS.

MH x
I will not film my son actually getting his circumcision, but of course his celebration will be filmed.

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer

MH x
Tunisians need a visa for China, if they have a valid reason and money it’s fairly easy to get approved. My husband has a friend that travels back and forth to get goods for his shop in madina. I doubt reason “ I need to pick up dvd of circumcision” is valid reason… hhhhh. I agree @MH007 he is full of it.

Sosh

Tunisians need a visa for China, if they have a valid reason and money it’s fairly easy to get approved. My husband has a friend that travels back and forth to get goods for his shop in madina. I doubt reason “ I need to pick up dvd of circumcision” is valid reason… hhhhh. I agree @MH007 he is full of it.
He did get a visa. He went on a business/entrepreneur visa(?) under the assumption that he would start some kind of exports business with his ex and his dad. He had to go to the visa centre in Tunis from what I remember. His dad paid for the visa and his ex paid the flights. There were other reasons he had to go there to do with his ex which is why she was willing to pay for the flights. He had been the previous year as well when they were still together.
I'm not one for defending him but he really did go to China, I saw his passport and plenty of photos.

Last edited:

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
He did get a visa. He went on a business/entrepreneur visa(?) under the assumption that he would start some kind of exports business with his ex and his dad. He had to go to the visa centre in Tunis from what I remember. His dad paid for the visa and his ex paid the flights. There were other reasons he had to go there to do with his ex which is why she was willing to pay for the flights. He had been the previous year as well when they were still together.
I'm not one for defending him but he really did go to China, I saw his passport and plenty of photos.
Are you in contact with his 'ex' @Sosh - would be good to get her side of the story......

MH x