He's Calling Her. I'm Calling Tunisian Love Rat - Hamza Riahi, Zaghouan

Judithlyn

View media item 4174
So, with the voice of an angel, this man married me and promised forever. How quickly that heavy mask was removed, and rarely put back on. He worked when forced, always slept, needed medical bills paid for [edited] problems, caused by a beer fight with a [edit-edit] friend before I arrived. I didn't know it until I got to Tunisia. His medications left him partially [edit]. Eventually, we discovered he had severe [health] problems that needed surgery - who paid for that? Yes, it was all me. And, yes, I regret paying to fix all of that, now... He will turn so fast on anyone when it serves his selfish, evil purpose. He is without remorse.

How many nights I wondered if he didn't love me because [edited]? His behavior was so strange, cold, moody and unpredictable - beyond respect. [edited] Facebook that compliment each other's smiles, with hearts and kisses, on messenger -- I can't tell you.

I paid for the paperwork for the wedding, the tourist visa that got denied, and the immigration papers that became his only focus in the marriage. He tried to push me into buying land, taking out loans, etc. I refused all of it because of this website. Thankfully, because of helpful information here, I realized before he could get a visa into The USA and do so much worse. [edited].

Not only does he lack remorse for taking a woman's money, he lacks remorse for [edited personal fault details], while adding dozens of unsuspecting women (victims) on Facebook, he has no remorse even when found out. There's always a reason - it's my fault he's speaking romantic with her (a new woman, from The USA, in her forties with two innocent kids), now -- he was really angry when I stopped the immigration paperwork. Everything was ending.

He prays, smokes, and likes to tell me how much he hates democracy, free women, wants to start religious and political groups to fight against them - all the while watching [edited], sitting in the clothes I bought him, speaking bad words to me in the English I taught him, waiting for his golden ticket from any one of these Facebook contacts to let him ride.

There were many incidents of [edited] abuse. He blamed me we could not have children fast. Hindsight, it was all a blessing. I stopped his ticket; gained the upper hand stopping his immigration paperwork. I will make sure... [edited]...

Note: I edited this for privacy and safety concerns, and also for protection of health information - even angry, I have to respect some ethical boundaries. But, the other information is left intact.
Contact the USA State Dept. and Immigration and Border Control, Customs, and the TSA!! Warn them that he is a very undesirable person to the well-being of the USA! The USA does not need these vultures! Also contact all of the Embassies in Tunis. Give them all as much information as you know....full name, address, birth date, telephone numbers, social media accounts and names, Tunisian ID number, passport number and expiration, drivers license number....anything! Stop him! I’m sorry for your pain! It’s brutal what these monsters do but by getting the word out, we CAN make a difference!

Judithlyn

The USA Embassy seems fairly good. I gave them his name, address, phone numbers before I ever went to Tunisia “just in case”. I’m American too! In your situation, call them on your cellphone, tell them what is going on, but do not give his telephone number. You don’t want some dumb person or a Tunisian national working there to tip him off in anyway. They may can provide you a safe place to stay until you fly out. Your situation scares me. Do not provoke that rat, no matter what. Be “normal”, no confrontations, agree with him even if you don’t, apologize even if you’ve done nothing wrong....the point is to insure your safety until you are safely away from that monster! Best wishes to you! Please take care of yourself!

yougogirl75

It's so tragic what happens here. It's a solid mentality that is supported by many men (not all) to exploit women and treat them like dirt. I'm sure the Tunisian women suffer so much more than is known, and wish there were some documented stories about it. They likely suffer in silence because it's considered normal and no one can do anything for them - and the stigma of divorce is so destructive in Tunisia. So sad. I hope you're doing better.
I am at the last stage of grief since I was and I am not afraid to say it abandoned by my rat 10 months ago. Abandonment in every sense of the word so I already went through all the pent up anger I have had and now I just accept it for what it is and have moved on. The increase of narcissism has contributed to the downfall of many marriages. I do believe the Tunisian rat is unique at a higher and different level than other men in the global population.. The Tunisian women often have no choice but to stay even if she is working she would still have to rely on her husband so being self sufficient as a woman over there is a very difficult task to do. I am doing better, thank you for your concern and I hope for better days for you too!

Last edited:

Liona

Hi @Jisela ! Thank you for coming with update. It's nice to hear you are in safe place and doing well.:):love:

but I didn't know I should contact all of the embassies?
Do these embassies in any way collaborate with each other?
After Interpol has lost their own chief, I am not sure in anything anymore.
I am sure we urgent need some united embassy dealing with the rats' questions.

Fiercely Fi

I posted this on another thread, but I want to leave it here, because it's directly connected to his name, in the case that anyone would be viewing this thread:

My rat bit me. Funny now posting that on Tunisian love rats. But, I had a huge green bruise on my left shoulder where he bit and punched me, and tried to drag me up a stairwell. He also cut himself several times when I tried to leave him in the beginning, tried to hang himself, which I stopped him from doing -- all because I was asking him questions about our marriage, like a normal person does to get informed. He also slapped me. When he was trying to convert me to Islam and saying it was a religion of peace. I said, "Islam is a religion of peace???" Then he slapped me to prove his point. He wished death and hell on my family.

One time he entirely destroyed the room I was in because I questioned his sexuality (because I knew his best friend was gay -- the one that is now living with another man for "pay") That night he threw chairs against the wall, tore up 1400 dinar, and threw and entire tabletop worth of glass and food at me while I sat on the floor, saturated from the glass contents, and watching in horror. I watched him feeling glass shards fly across the room and across my skin.

He broke my stuff, but that's o.k., because I started getting brave and breaking all the stuff I bought, too - especially after I started reading this site. It made me happy to know that few things would be little left for him to keep. I even threw his watch in the toilet. I'm not happy with my behavior in those instances, but I thought that maybe if I altered my behavior he would calm down, seeing that I would fight fire with fire. It worked, a little, I'm still not proud of it.

The physical stuff was bad, but the verbal abuse was worse. He threatened to tell the police I brought drugs into Tunisia, when I wanted to leave him before. Never cared to buy food for the house or wake up to help me go to the market. He said I was killing his babies when we couldn't have children, because a traditional doctor told him I had jinn inside of me. He later found out medically that he is infertile. He constantly demeaned me for my nationality, my history, my religion, and even my education. I was always having to defend against political topics, and he used information about my country and the women there to tell me I was just like them -- basically like a whore. He took personal details about a previous relationship and twisted that information to destroy my confidence in myself. Funny enough, I landed a really great job after he criticized my chosen profession. Any time I questioned him about strange numbers calling on his phone, he would tell me to go f*ck other men, and started to threaten divorce. It got much worse after I cancelled his immigration paperwork, but he was really gutted by that, and it was vindicating.

He did all of these things, after I cared for his health and helped him get out of bed, put on his shoes, after his surgery, and then he went into extreme Islam. It was then he decided he wanted a Muslim wife, realizing I would never convert, this turned into daily threats of divorce over small reasons. All of this, and then I finally walked out, before we got into deeper layers of hell. And, before he could get me pregnant, and leave me alone with children years in the future --- when he finally could find the virgin he always wanted.
Wow Jisela you have been through alot. My experience seems really mild compared to what you went through. Stay strong in the knowledge that you can now move on from this rat and find someone else to live a more fulfilling life with. Good ridence to bad rubbish!!!

Top Bottom