Hi, anyone met a rat on match.com?

Discussion in 'Online Rats' started by bluejay, Mar 8, 2012.

1. twitter

twitter Well-Known Member

marilyna likes this.
  2. Amber

Amber oo la la ;)

You ladies are the best team of "rats hunters"!some of you should apply to CIA or FBI ...really very good job , thank you for the time spent on helping other women...

3. NetNiet

NetNiet EVIL member :D

LOL if that is him.....than I think this picture is taken when he was working on the beach at a hotel.....not many hotels here in Tunisia accept Tunisian male guests to stay at the beach...

Kristy and sparkle like this.
  4. bluejay

bluejay Member

yes! that's him!

5. bluejay

bluejay Member

Pity we can't see his eyes in that one, but i'm sure it's him.

6. marylou

marylou Tigerlils favourite

nosey cow ..... just saying :p

DragonZest and sparkle like this.
  7. marylou

hi bluejay you got sorted hes a dirty stinky rat you go girl ;) and ur putting him in our lovely gallery your a girl after my own heart ......... hope you stay around ;)

twitter and sparkle like this.
  8. marylou

who :(

DragonZest likes this.
  9. marylou

also am a lieing cheating scum bag will have my dirty gruby hands in ur purse as soon has you go for a pee ... i will tell you what ever you want to hear and also give you good sex ( for a prise ) apart from that am a nice man me :)

chinagirl, Browning, twitter and 4 others like this.
  10. BrownGirl

BrownGirl Moderator And Queen of Summaries Staff Member

well maybe he did work in tourism before but now he works in a call centre? He wouldn't get a job there without being able to speak English or French fluently
    the picture on the beach could have come from his previous days in tourism??

just saying he might not be lying about the job ....

Arkady and NetNiet like this.
  11. Ariel

Ariel Under the Sea Staff Member

Other languages: Bullshit :D

12. DragonZest

DragonZest TLR tester

His profile information looks like a cut and paste effort with a few changes.....maybe that's just my thinking though!!

13. bluejay

bluejay Member

BrownGirl, I think you may be right about the job. The pic on the beach I think has been on NetLog for about 5 years. And I'm sure I saw on one website his job was listed as 'animateur' or something in french that sounded like 'animation'. I had no idea what that was till i found this website and read about animation teams. so that, and the fact that NetNiet said not many hotels let tunisian men stay on their beach unless they work there...he probably was working in tourism at some time, and may have moved on. And yes, MaryLou, I hope to stay around, though not as a victim of a rat, of course!

Blimey, can't believe I honestly thought he was genuinely interested i me to start with...how embarrassing! I should know better at my age. I honestly don't understand though, why they would go to the trouble of using a dating website, when they must be able to meet any number of women in the resorts who would fall for them and be taken in. Why bother with the hassle of trying to persuade a woman in the UK to go over there, when there are plenty there already?

NetNiet likes this.
  14. Mona1

Mona1 Well-Known Member

I think it is because so many women who go on holiday have now wised up and they are harder to convince. People let their guard down on line and it is very easy to imagine you are in love with someone who you have met that way and to do things you might not do in reality. Internet love seems to be the new way forward at the moment as the rat can target the European who has not heard the news and also the North Americans and the Australasians who don't tend to go on holiday to North Africa but are seen as the new "Lands of milk and honey".

Twinkblu, Browning, twitter and 6 others like this.
  15. BrownGirl

I'm a little bit uncomfortable with some of the posts here because unless I am missing something, at what stage did this man become a liar, cheat, or "dirty stinking rat"? Searching online for a wife yes, but then if you are registered on match.com and paying a subscription then thats what you are looking for isn't it?
    I would agree with Tunisiasun's advice to avoid getting into a long distance relationship with a visa national, but I feel this man is being named and shamed with no opportunity to put forward a defence, so in the interests of natural justice I'll do so :)

chinagirl likes this.
  16. bluejay

bluejay Member

Hi browngirl, yes, i admit after i posted his match.com profile i thought about it, and felt a bit uncomfortable that i had done that. I've removed that post for now, but obviously it has been posted again in other people's replies...so i don't know what I can do about that. I think that because I came here for advice on his behaviour as he was pressuring me to visit him at my own expense almost as soon as I started talking to him...and saying things like how he had 'never met anyone like me before' and he had a 'strong feeling we could be together forever', which seems a bit odd to say the least when I've never even met him in real life... people have tried to help me by saying this is classic rat behaviour.
    However, I do admit that there is the possiblility he is just looking for a wife. I do think he lies about not being able to text me, on the odd occasion I HAVE texted him about something. I actually spoke to him again last night on match.com...I told him I knew his name was Houssem, gave him the surname Bahrouni (which he has on his MySpace page) and he said it was Houssem, but his surname was something else again (that's the third surname now). I won't be visiting him anyway, but yes I do agree that he has not actually done anything to me personally, other than the constant pressure to visit. I did ask him last night why, if he is so keen for ME personally to visit him, that he doesn't offer to at least share some of the cost (as he has a full-time job and I don't)...his anwer was that I could 'kiss his black ass'. (with a lol added, but even so...)

marilyna, DragonZest, NetNiet and 2 others like this.
  17. bluejay

bluejay Member

I have to say as well that for those who have never used match.com or dating sites-and that includes myself until I signed up to match.com-that it is NOTHING like what I expected. There are absolulely loads of men who give very litte info about themselves and who just contact you wanting to have dirty online conversations. I've also been making friends with a local man on there, and he said he gets emails from Russian women offering to visit if he pays for a visa & the trip. And emails from women advertising their 'services' which you have to call at premium rates. Perhaps I was naiive to think it was going to be full of people who are serious about finding friendship or a partner, and who are all like the nice man in the TV ad with the yukulele! So personally, I admit have become a little cynical about the whole online dating thing.... and maybe this has affected my gut instinct about this particular Tunisian man....but having said that there are still more men on there who appear to be just normal guys looking to meet someone.

marilyna, DragonZest and sparkle like this.
  18. sparkle

sparkle Classy Bird

I think Sun found some other's asking about him on here. So he has lied about his name, he is eager for you to go there at your cost, he doesn't call and lies about why he hasn't called, and his answer to sharing the costs was 'kiss his black ass' Giving him the benefit of the doubt if he's not a rat he's a nasty little shit.

19. BrownGirl

Well I think especially after that "kiss my black ass" comment he lost the benefit of the doubt :D

Amber, marilyna, DragonZest and 2 others like this.
  20. zanylady

zanylady Well-Known Member

After similiar experiences of Online Dating, I now take the view.

The Odds are Good- But the Goods are Odd.

Amber, marilyna and DragonZest like this.
  21. marylou

hes a rat and thats THAT ;)

Browning, Amber and AngelikaK like this.
  22. AngelikaK

AngelikaK Banned

they are never on their own, since when can they afford laptops/pc all to their very own?

23. bluejay

bluejay Member

Not defending him, but I'm pretty sure he was always on his own when I talked to him on MSN. Because the first time I didn't have my web cam connected, so he couldn't see me, but I could see him and we were just typing, not speaking. I could see him reading what I wrote as it came through, and his reactions,then typing his reply, then looking at the screen waiting for mine. Are wages really so bad that it's unusual to have their own laptop? (I'm ignorant, sorry)

24. Galadriel

Galadriel Globe Trotter Extraordinaire

Yes, wages generally are just subsistence unless the job is with a large multinational company when it may be a little higher or is on a professional level. Most people only have money occasionally to put a few dinar on their phone or go to internet cafe. You would have to wonder aat present time where money comes from if there seems to be more available.

Amber and marilyna like this.
  25. twitter

twitter Well-Known Member

You said n your post earlier bluejay that you felt embarrassed....because u should know better at your age....most of the women on here (but not all...) have been conned in some way by a tunisian guy... it doesn't matter what age u are if there going to con you they will do that regardless. But now its happened you will not let it happen to you again. Be thankful he never managed to get any further with you....:)

Smiley_jo, Laurence, Browning and 4 others like this.