Hi, anyone met a rat on match.com?

Discussion in 'Online Rats' started by bluejay, Mar 8, 2012.

1. DragonZest

DragonZest TLR tester

Don't get me wrong....there's probably guys there that speak Japanese :D....I just mean out of all the languages mentioned there is probably a higher percentage of guys who know English/German than Russian

2. DragonZest

DragonZest TLR tester

Ahhh yeh, I forgot about Italian!!!!

NetNiet and Amber like this.
  3. Katherine

Katherine Active Member

I don't necessarily agree with that. This guy could be a translator or something. And even if he's not, my guy speaks Maghreb-Arabic, classic Arabic learned at school), English (also learned at school), French (everyone there does) and Spanish (again, school). And there's virtually no tourism where he came from.

The rest does sound fishy though, especially the whole "signing off because he's upset" thing. That's weird, I think he's guilt-tripping you.

Arkady and Amber like this.
  4. NetNiet

NetNiet EVIL member :D

Hi Katherine, so your guy speaks 4 languages because Arabic, doesn't matter what dialect or classic, it counts as one.
    And that is also, when they study it at school here in Tunisia, what they will learn, French and some English, so it will stay for 99% the max what they learn at school, 3 languages not 5.
    And even for English they have to choose for that, it's not standard here.

And Spanish here at school....? What kind of school did he went go too?

And if he was a translator......he wouldn't be working in a call centre because as a translator or teacher you can find work here much better than a lot off other jobs! LOL

Arkady likes this.
  5. marilyna

marilyna Chocolate Connoisseur

Netniet,

Katherine's man is Algerian not Tunisian.

Katherine likes this.
  6. NetNiet

OK thanks!

7. Katherine

Katherine Active Member

Yeah so I know what I'm saying, because they learn classic Arabic at school and it's completely different from other dialects and does NOT count as one in any way. I'm learning both and I can tell you for sure they're about as close to eachother as English is to German: there are some similarities but there are some huge differences too.
    My guy's French is almost perfect and so is his English. His Spanish isn't, but I'd still say his level is intermediate. I don't know how different it is in Algeria (compared with Tunisia) but I assure you I know a lot of other people like him.

NetNiet likes this.
  8. NetNiet

Hi Katherine, thanks for explaining!
    But the difference is big between Algeria and Tunisia about this kind of things than, because for excample the English they learn here, even at the higher levels aren't that high in real life.

Katherine, DragonZest and marilyna like this.
  9. Chinagirl

Chinagirl Active Member

10. Chinagirl

Chinagirl Active Member

rus.jpg

Arkady, Amber, tigerlil and 2 others like this.
  11. Chinagirl

Chinagirl Active Member

rotflmao.jpg

tigerlil and sparkle like this.
  12. Katherine

Katherine Active Member

Well that's a good thing then, that makes fewer chances for them to lure an English speaker into visa-ing them!

13. marylou

marylou Tigerlils favourite

catholicmatch.com well thats one i have not heard befor

Munki, Galadriel and DragonZest like this.
  14. NetNiet

Hello PurpleNJ,
    welcome here!

Can you tell something more maybe?
    How long do you know him?
    Did you meet him in person aswell?
    Where does he live in Tunisia?
    You're saying you were suppose to marry him, how do you mean that, is the planning still on or do you have doubts?

15. LISA MACE

LISA MACE Active Member

I came across this site when I was googling something about an extended layover and where to board my dogs in Tunisia, as I was on my way to an International Show. I was just looking around and started reading.....anyway, it snowballed and my perfect world crashed around my ears.
    Since then I have learned that Tunisian men rank right up there with the Nigerian scammers and the people who will rob elderly, etc......not all of them are bad, but I have found out that caution and wariness need to be constantly with you all the time. If you are here asking questions, it happens for a reason. As I read, my perfect world didn't seem so perfect anymore and a seed of doubt started to grow. Within a week, a monster that was well hidden for 4 years busted out of it's cage because I had questions.
    Ask questions and keep at it until you have answers. It might hurt at first, but it is a lot better than spending years hurting from a possible mistake. If he is legit, then it's great you found a good one and he should not be angry at your caution, it shows you care about yourself and your own well being. If you don't care about you, you can't possibly care about him.
    All men throw temper tantrums, that's because they have testosterone and they are born that way. But if you try to tell him it bothers you and he won't listen, what kind of relationship can that be? It has to have communication between BOTH of you to work. It won't always go your way, and it won't always go his either.
    Just be cautious and take your time. If your gut tells you there is something going on, listen!!!

16. Galadriel

Galadriel Globe Trotter Extraordinaire

You make a lot of sense, do hope women who look in here read this, great addition to everyones elses warnings.
    Can I just say and maybe my area of expertise, real men go work off their testosterone surges ;) in other ways than temper tantrums or just plain temper by going outdoors, fishing, hunting, hiking, working on cars, racing cars, trucks, bikes, chopping down trees ha ha...anything where they are in control of being "them".... and this is only a short list. To have a tantrum, allowed once in a while but ignore completely...:rolleyes: my husband just doesn`t have them but one son has been known in the past..he learnt quickly....

Arkady, Mona1, Ariel and 4 others like this.
  17. rose123

rose123 Member

Becareful of a guy calling himself leo loren or ..G.B...he is on badoo....is a scammer....says single no children....but is married to english woman and has a child....

Arkady likes this.
  18. Laurence

Laurence Well-Known Member

To me THIS sounds very ratty, rats do "love" men and women alike...

19. mezoo

mezoo The Decider

death knell if they find out this at home. even if he is a gay liar. he'd have to hide. i know about a tunisian guy who converted, while in tunisia and he still hides 20 years later. so forgiving there about this particular thing. lol

marilyna and twitter like this.
  20. twitter

twitter Well-Known Member

Ive heard about them killing if they change religion... terrible . I also found this on u tube from a talk show in Egypt..Its graphic so dont watch if you are of a nervous disposition. The point im trying to make is mezoo is right in what he says.

marilyna likes this.
  21. sparkle

sparkle Classy Bird

I don't think only those of a nervous disposition will find this horrific. I thought I was a tough cookie but I wished I hadn't seen it. That has got to be the worst thing I've ever seen. That poor boy :(.
    What animals those people are and all in the name of religion. Sick!!

tigerlil likes this.
  22. BrownGirl

BrownGirl Moderator And Queen of Summaries Staff Member

I seem to remember something about that video being fake or certainly not shot in Tunisia - it has been on here before I think or maybe it was t.com :confused:

Galadriel likes this.
  23. sparkle

sparkle Classy Bird

I hope it was a fake BG it's so horrible.

Galadriel and trishas mum like this.
  24. marylou

marylou Tigerlils favourite

i dont want to even look at it :(

Galadriel and trishas mum like this.
  25. sparkle

sparkle Classy Bird

maybe it should be removed BG??

Galadriel, marylou and trishas mum like this.