Hotel Sentido Phenicia, Hammamet, Tunisia - Beware

Discussion in 'Hotel Infestations' started by winnie, Sep 19, 2013.

1. winnie

winnie Well-Known Member

People need to be more aware of what is going on at Phenicia, women are getting tricked by these men. Women are spending money travelling back every few months, spending money on gifts, alcohol. They are being played and used. These men shouldn't be trusted. They are targeting girls/ young women and are extremely convincing !! Each has many girlfriends! They have the whole animation team covering for them so girlfriends are unaware of what's happening. Girls are leaving the hotel at night with them and they are not to be trusted, at all!!! You are NOT safe hanging around with these people. They invite guest from the hotel back to their apartments. VERY UNSAFE. RAPISTS, THEIVES, CON MEN AND SOME HAVE BEEN VERY VIOLENT TOWARD THEIR GIRLFRIENDS. stay away from them outside the hotel

ijs, Meteorite, Stina and 14 others like this.
  2. simple

simple Well-Known Member

I remember an elderly lady staying at the Phenicia ,,her rat had chalked up a bill in the bar and phone ,to her room number ,of £2,500 ,,,,,she coudlnt pay it poor thing ,,,,,She had to call her daughter in the uk ,,to find the money !! These rats are just common criminals ,who deserve to go to prison !

Kajun Queen, Meteorite, Stina and 4 others like this.
  3. catgirl

catgirl Well-Known Member

Winnie, would you please name some names :)?

simple likes this.
  4. MacCoinneach

MacCoinneach Well-Known Member

There's a bunch of pics in the gallery

Stina and simple like this.
  5. Danskii05

Danskii05 Well-Known Member

The place I met my lovely Fiancé 7 years ago! Lmao! :D

6. Galadriel

Galadriel Globe Trotter Extraordinaire

There are many reasons that we are here on TLR as long as we ourselves are sure of the reason why ;)

ijs, Stina, Ariel and 1 other person like this.
  7. simple

simple Well-Known Member

The Lord of the Rings ,or TLR for short ,,,,,,I love all the hobbits and orcs and golems in the gallery !

Mango Chutney, Stina, Tula and 3 others like this.
  8. Galadriel

Can`t fault you there Simps:D

simple likes this.
  9. crystal

crystal The Punchy Scot

I have asked myself that question..as I do feel that this site is addictive... and as much as I go through being worn down sometimes and need a break... I do think that this site is what got me through the worst times and the help from other ladies here. For me being here is help support friends laugh but most importantly looking for answers and understanding of the past. I have came to the conclusion that actually there is no understanding of these Rats just accept there evilness:mad: and move on..

ijs, Stina, FoolInLove and 8 others like this.
  10. winnie

winnie Well-Known Member

yes I have pictures and names in the gallery. more photos up soon...! this has been the only site on the web that will keep my posts up. I put a post on trip advisor in much more detail. that would shock a lot of people. Theres a lot more to this story that I feel I can put on the web,so if anybody needs to know more then we can always private message. thanks for reading everyone

ijs, Stina, Duracell and 2 others like this.
  11. Laurence

Laurence Well-Known Member

Used to stay lots of times in the Phenicia, years ago. Was not paying attention to rats back then, just too busy watching out for my children not to get drowned...
    I remember one time though, staying there, and observing an animator going around wearing a Tshirt with a very shocking inscription in the front of it in my mother tongue...very very impolite and disrespectful text...I asked him to take it off asap and put on another Tshirt, as he was being very undecent wearing this inscription while children that knew the language of it were around...

marilyna, simple, Amber and 1 other person like this.
  12. winnie

winnie Well-Known Member

crystal, I understand what your saying about moving on...but for now im going to stick at this and make it as public as possible. something really bad happened out there because of these men and it makes me sick that women don't know about it! I want everyone to know so it wont happen again. Its just very hard as its keeps getting covered up by the hotel, staff and management. surely peoples safety is more important than their reputation :)

13. crystal

crystal The Punchy Scot

I also feel that by still being here. I am giving back the help that I have been given in the past. I do believe that this site is a life line for many women, and that is not a dramatic point of view.. it never ceases to amaze me that women who are in effect strangers can come together united. no matter what country culture they are from and be supported. Sometimes tough love:cool: and very varied answers to posts. but that is part of our charm:cool: We even listen to the rats:whistle:

Mango Chutney, ijs, Stina and 5 others like this.
  14. winnie

winnie Well-Known Member

they still wear them tshirts...I only found out what it meant recently. its what they are all about and nothing is getting done about it. they are getting people to write on trip ad. telling everyone not to read the bad comments...nobody is taking this seriously because they are getting sucked in by how nice they come across. If nobody hears me this time, I hope next time will be the last as its gone on too long and too many girls/women are victims to these manipulative men

ijs, marilyna and Amber like this.
  15. crystal

crystal The Punchy Scot

Winnie..that was personal to me... you go girl you have my support 100% stick with your principles... do what you think is right...

16. crystal

crystal The Punchy Scot

Without saying to much:whistle: I have a bit Wellie regarding the Phenicia if there was any incidents regarding guests that has caused you concern you can PM me...

Duracell, Bella and simple like this.
  17. simple

simple Well-Known Member

In the words of Spiderman ,"With great power comes great responsability" !Knowledge is power and although i can move on ,forget my eperiences with rats and chalk it up to experience .My moral and sense of justice .wont let me >>being hurt or scammed by a westerner is easier ,more in our comfort zone to accept .But with a Tunisian rat, its knowledge and understanding that counts .

18. crystal

crystal The Punchy Scot

simple likes this.
  19. winnie

winnie Well-Known Member

crystal, I tried to pm you, but it said I was not allowed...? How can I get in touch with you privately?

20. crystal

crystal The Punchy Scot

Winnie..try again..think I have sorted it..

21. crystal

crystal The Punchy Scot

I have work but will catch up later:D

22. AlexAicha

AlexAicha Member

Been reading this forum for a while. It is lovely how many of you have united and empowered one another . helped each other get through pain. But a lot of you have been scarred by what have happened to you and are now just quick to jump into conclusion that one is Rat. It like you have a phobia of "Rats" and you are spreading that phobia to others.

I think it would be nice to a section where some can discuses or share story of successful , cause not all north African men are Rats. My uncle (Tunisian) has been happily married to my aunt ( Italian and a more than few years older than he is) for over 20 years. Than have a daughter who is around 14 I think and a stepson that is in his mid 20's ( from my aunts previous marriage from an Italian man) . Before anyone jumps to the conclusion that my uncle is living of her , he is not the work for the same company but her earns I think 30 percent more than she does.

Also in one of the threads, someone said they treat Tunisian woman are treated better. That's not true, They don't treat them any better than a foreign woman and I believe they treat them worse. The only difference between these woman are Tunisian woman will stay quit, blames it on her self since from a young age they teach them that the man is her crown and he must be looked after. If their is trouble in her home it would bring shame on her family which is a big deal to them. So she well live her life in unfairness without speaking out. Foreign woman , could not give a shit about that and walk away as soon as possible. Of course there is the odd bits here and there.

I have not lived in my country, I was born in Italy and than raised in London. I get a lot of abuse from the guys in Tunisia ( not like i am interested in them ). You get called Wannabe European , tell you forgot your roots and you act like a man( cause you don't let them walk all over you) and greedy ( because for some reason they think if you live outside Tunisia you rich). But like in any country you well get the gems and the rotten eggs. Its not like foreigners have not married village girls from Tunisia only so they can some how came her inherited land. so it kinda goes both ways.

What I love about this forum, how you all are some what a family( I feel like I am intruding on your family just by posting) . I love seeing you support one another and making each other feel better. It's lovely seeing people that care about others. I am sorry to hear how much pain some of you had endured but look on the bright side you know won't make that mistake again and without that mistake you would have not met these woman on this forum.

P.S excuse my love for brackets.

Liona, Mango Chutney, ijs and 10 others like this.
  23. Galadriel

Welcome Alex, you have certainly raised some valid points and I agree with much of what you describe...It is all relevant to each woman`s experience of Tunisian men isn`t it as to whether they see all Tunisian males as being rats? I haven`t had such a relationship and do not personally know any only the males that are friends and colleagues of a close female family friend but, I can fully appreciate the way others on here paint all Tunisian males with the same brush as that is their reality..

24. AlexAicha

AlexAicha Member

Thank you for your welcome. I agree with what you are saying and I am glad you have not had such an experience.
    My point is like this forum is easy to stumble upon, when looking for information about Tunisia.

There are many impressionable people, that well stumble upon this and became very hostile toward Tunisian men.Meaning they can really miss out on what could be a "perfect" relationship with a Tunisian man ( I know.. I know many fish in the sea but it unfair) It would be nice to have positive stories, so it still warns people about these rats but also has a healthy balance about relationships that have worked out.

I did not want to post before because I wanted to understand why such hostility towards Tunisian men, I did want to be jumping into conclusion and judging people. It because of all the pain these woman have gone through.

There really is some lovely Tunsian Lads. Just like any other lads from other countries. there is no place where you get all good people , you well always have rotten people.:sick:

ijs, Lalalove187, MissMetal and 2 others like this.
  25. Laurence

Laurence Well-Known Member

Welcome here AlexAicha, of course there are some good Tunisian men, my husband is such a gem for instance...
    BUT most of the stories here and the warnings that we send out about these rats are so obvious to someone that is used to their rat behaviour, that it would be criminal to shut up and caution these relationships!!! So we speak out, loud and clear.

Mango Chutney, ijs, Stina and 6 others like this.