Welcome to TLR

How do Love Rats find us?

Scottish Lassie

Major Ratslayer
Hi All.
Thankfully I have had no contact with my rat since September 2018 by which time he was already engaged to his now wife. The other day I was wondering how he ever found me on Facebook. We had no mutual friends so have no clue how he came to find me. I accepted his friend request during the time I had an open account and I basically accepted all friend requests...unless they looked a bit dodgy. Of course that wasn’t the case with my rat. He looked like a complete gentleman and only posted wholesome stuff. I wonder now though how he even came across my profile. Do they sit day after day looking for victims online and how do they even search for us and find us? I know I don’t scroll through random profiles and then friend request total strangers. How on earth do they find us and what makes them think we are a prospective victim? It still boggles my mind. xx

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Hi All.
Thankfully I have had no contact with my rat since September 2018 by which time he was already engaged to his now wife. The other day I was wondering how he ever found me on Facebook. We had no mutual friends so have no clue how he came to find me. I accepted his friend request during the time I had an open account and I basically accepted all friend requests...unless they looked a bit dodgy. Of course that wasn’t the case with my rat. He looked like a complete gentleman and only posted wholesome stuff. I wonder now though how he even came across my profile. Do they sit day after day looking for victims online and how do they even search for us and find us? I know I don’t scroll through random profiles and then friend request total strangers. How on earth do they find us and what makes them think we are a prospective victim? It still boggles my mind. xx
Hi @Scottish Lassie , when you’re on social media is forever, if you deactivated your account you will still be there, if you delete then everything will be erased,... you said he’s married ? Why does he contact you? Keep deleting him over and over again, maybe he’s not happy but that’s his problem, you don’t need him contacting you, that’s in the past now, any requests from Tunisian men delete bcz it could be friends of his, keep healthy and wise and strong xx

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Hi All.
If your profile is open they probably look at your pics relationship stays.. and go from there my first Tunisia acquaintance was some guy on fb someone there saw I was friends with him and he was my cousins rat. Like you it was open to anyone / regret/ I think they sit and troll the internet honestly! I’m happy to be free and know what I do now and am sure you are too! Congrats

Storm

Major Ratslayer
Hi All.

It doesn't take much. Hit a like button on a page about sport cars or a hotel in their country.
Sometimes a mutual group you are in. Joining other gamers online. Fb is easy because you can pop on the people you may know feed. Could be random friend requests etc.. The list goes on. A world of ways for them to find you. They are predators.

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Hi All.
My rat found me through a mutual friend. She was a woman I know in real life and she had been to tunisia at a hotel he worked in. But I am sure they send random requests to women and start chatting straight away