How many Tunisian men think

Discussion in 'Rat on a Rat' started by khaled91, Feb 18, 2017.

1. AmberHeart

AmberHeart Lady Amberheart of Gafsa

I will volunteer :D

Brasilgirl and Jisela like this.
  2. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

I don't know how long it will take for them. But, the women I knew that immigrated from Middle Eastern countries and grew up in America were very careful and were still strict, but they enjoyed their lives in private and did lots of adventurous things.

Brasilgirl and AmberHeart like this.
  3. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

And, I know one in particular who married a Christian man and she would NEVER want to go back to her original country. She doesn't walk around covered or anything... and didn't act like what I saw in Tunisia, at all.

Epiphany and AmberHeart like this.
  4. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

She was from Jordan, and I think she immigrated when young, though.

AmberHeart likes this.
  5. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

They don't tell you how the Tunisian women will bleed the heck out of Tunisian men before and after Mlek (it's like an engagement ceremony like a wedding)... they exchange rings and everything, but it's not legal yet. The woman tries to get everything financial upfront, even make sure he has land. And, then the relationship can still bottom out before the actual ceremony. It's pretty darn risky to fall in love in these countries because they're all about the deal and the money and the trade.

juicyfruit, Brasilgirl and AmberHeart like this.
  6. AmberHeart

Sure, if they choose wrong they can’t divorce, or they can but they will be seen as undesirable, rejected. Have you noticed every time Khaled comes to insult he repeats endlessly you divorced women...:rolleyes: as if that was a shame. Shame are men that behave like predators.

Brasilgirl and Jisela like this.
  7. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

It's really a disgusting group of men who act like bullies. They're deeply insecure as most abusers are deep down. I read that they have GPS tracking devices to keep their women from running in Saudi Arabia.

juicyfruit, Brasilgirl and AmberHeart like this.
  8. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

That's a sad state of existence when a big chunk of your population wants to run from you, but they're all cuffed in. It's not a leave by will situation, at all. These guys are locked inside of hundreds of human rights issues, inside layer after layer of problems. It's hard to even put our world and their world into the same contexts, but after living there for so long and then returning to my country, there are days where my mind is still adapting to having two worlds in my mind. I didn't learn the language, but I learned the life. And, it was more superficial, but I learned it. Then, I got back to life here. But, my brain has both places still... and there's a big gap in between. It's the strange results of the experience for me.

I figure I'd just try to use it the best way and air stuff out, because I still try to understand how it works and why they work that way, and stay that way, when people are so empty. I really think most of the damage is probably done early on, because the whole society is tense and competitive and dangerous. I wouldn't want a child growing up freely in it, because of how dangerous it is... so these grown men that have been socialized this way are normal on the surface, but you can bet for darn sure they are super freaked up. And, you will find out sooner than later...

9. AmberHeart

I can understand a little this, I wasn’t living there not even got to make that trip, tho the way we were in contact was almost 24/7 via camera so I adapted too much to his requests. After breakup has been difficult to go back exactly to how I used to be, not same clothing, same way to socialize... many things changed. Tell myself I’m not trying to be approved by a Muslim man anymore just to be myself but find it difficult to decide what’s the right thing. So in your case must be. Hundred times more difficult, you were not only in contact but immerse in it. I believe it’s a normal process until all is out of our system. Xx

10. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

That's exactly it. It just destabilizes your whole way of seeing life because you see through their lens because of the relationship. I don't have some of the dizzy fear and sickness that comes with talking about it now, but when I initially got back I got incredibly sick. It was like being submerged. It's so crazy how just associating with them can affect you in this way, but living there is super traumatic because not only are there language and cultural differences, you see things happen every day that are so upsetting and offensive, and people just idly walk by it and act like it doesn't upset them when it really does. I mean, can you imagine living in an area of the world where violence is common place - you watch it happen then go and get coffee and cigarettes afterwards? It's surreal.

11. AmberHeart

Dehumanized and the universal answer is “this is life” “some people suffer more”