How to start a thread/How to post in the gallery.

Discussion in 'Rat on a Rat' started by Mango Chutney, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:11 AM.

1. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

We get many new members confused about how to start their own thread and how to post in the gallery. I will take you through the process here with screenshots.

It's always best to have your own separate thread for your rat, as it keeps the information mostly in one place (easier for other victims to get all the details) and stops other threads getting muddled.

First of all, to start a thread, or even to just like or comment on a thread/photo, you MUST be a member. If you are here as a guest, you can literally only read public stuff, so don't be shy, feel free to join our rat trapping team :)
    Be very careful about using your own name and/or photo as your avatar! As I learned myself....this stuff can come back to haunt you, so I would personally suggest you choose a neutral name and pic.

If you are frightened to post due to threats etc, there is always the option to private message, whereby another member (myself included), will post and ask on your behalf, without giving away any identifying details of yourself that you are not happy with. Choose your trusted member wisely! Read around the forum before deciding who to ask for help.

POSTING A THREAD.
    Step 1: Screenshot_2017-11-13-23-44-44_kindlephoto-13797807.png

Step 2:
    Choose where you wish to post. The threads below are public, so members AND non members have access to them. If you want maximum exposure for your rat, choose the 'Rat on a rat' option.
    Screenshot_2017-11-13-23-42-57_kindlephoto-13980712.png

If you have safety concerns, or wish to just make enquiries about your man/woman without actually 'Outing' him/her, choose one of the options below. They are 'Members only' threads, but please bear in mind, most rats are aware of this forum, so the person you are enquiring about may be a member ;)
    You are not obliged to name your man/woman here, you can just give an outline of your story and ask if we think he/she is a rat. A name and/or a photo mean we can do some digging on him/her, but this is your personal choice :)
    Screenshot_2017-11-13-23-43-06_kindlephoto-14166038.png

Step 3:
    After choosing the forum you feel best suits you, click on that forum and then click on the blue box shown below:
    Screenshot_2017-11-13-23-43-21_kindlephoto-14333662.png I

Step 4:
    After clicking the blue box 'Post new thread', you will be greeted by the screen below.
    When you choose your thread title, if you want maximum exposure for your rat, include his/her name(s) and hotel/location in the thread title.
    If you are not yet ready for such exposure, choose a neutral title for your thread.
    Then write your story in the box.
    If you choose to add media, it's easier if you choose the full picture, as not every member can open the thumbnail option.
    As you can see from this thread, you can add media at any point in your post.....you can also delete it if you mess up ;)
    Please do not name other victims nor show photos of them, regardless of their current situation with the rat, they are still victims and deserve privacy.

Screenshot_2017-11-13-23-43-43_kindlephoto-14449805.png

Step 5:
    This stuff is all optional. Personally, I've never clicked on or used any of it, but if you want to start a poll, this is where to do it.
    After you've put in everything you want, just click on 'Create thread' and voila....it will appear on the forum :thumbsup:
    Screenshot_2017-11-13-23-44-20_kindlephoto-14865673.png

You cannot delete a thread once posted, you will need to contact admin to do that, however....you can edit it. Underneath all comments, there is the option to report or edit a comment, so if you get frightened or change your mind, that option is there for you. Happy posting :)

Gallery upload info to follow once I've eaten some food!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 3:47 AM
    Gigi_76, Heidi and juicyfruit like this.
  2. Mango Chutney

CREATING AN ALBUM IN THE GALLERY.
    Step 1:
    Click 'Gallery' at the top of your screen, then click on 'Add media'.
    Screenshot_2017-11-13-23-44-53_kindlephoto-23274504.png

Step 2:
    You will see the screen on the screenshot below. Just click on the very small, black arrow. A drop box will appear, click on 'Create an album'

Once you've created an album, you can add more photos to it at any point in the future, just look for the name of your album in the drop box selection and add media again.
    If you keep creating new albums to expose your rat, it pushes all our albums further back and so less likely to be seen by those just browsing, so try to keep all pics in one album.
    Screenshot_2017-11-13-23-45-17_kindlephoto-23496030.png
    Step 3:
    After clicking on 'create album', you will be greeted by the screen below. It's pretty self explanatory, but I'll go through it anyway.
    Use your rats name and location as your album title, this is very important, as it means anybody that Google's the rats name will be directed to this album and to TLR. Many people have not heard of this website, but if they Google their rats name...they will get a nice surprise ;)
    For the album description, there is a limited letter allocation, but this is not a problem, as you can write a more detailed description on individual photos as you upload them.
    Choose who you want to be able to see your album. For maximum exposure (including Google images), leave it set to 'Everyone'....this keeps it public for non members.
    Set it to members only if that is all you are ready for at the moment....you can change it in the future if you wish.
    Personally, I keep my albums public, I want every victim or future victim to have access to proof, but this is your personal choice.
    Decide who you wish should be able to post pics in your album.
    After doing all this, click 'Create album'

Screenshot_2017-11-13-23-45-24_kindlephoto-23811888.png

Step 4:
    After clicking 'Create album', go back into the main gallery again, your album will be on the top left. Click on the album title to open it, then click on 'Add media' again Screenshot_2017-11-13-23-44-53_kindlephoto-23964233.png

Step 5:
    Click on 'Upload image'. Screenshot_2017-11-13-23-46-56_kindlephoto-24303899.png

Step 6: Upload your image, give it a title and an optional description.
    Keep clicking 'Upload image' to add more pics.
    Upload all your images with titles and descriptions, once they're all in, click 'Save media' and your album is then complete.
    You may find it easier to add one photo at a time, though personally, I upload a few at the same time.

Screenshot_2017-11-13-23-49-14_kindlephoto-24513983.png

Seeing it written here like this makes it seem really difficult, but I promise you....it isn't!
    Once you've done it once, it becomes childs play.
    My technology knowledge and computer know how are practically zero, I'm completely rubbish....but even I have mastered this....so don't be afraid! :D

I wrote above with the thread guide, and I will write again here, if you would prefer, you could ask a well known and trusted member to post on your behalf.
    I am always happy to expose a rat!
    Some of us must look like right hoes when people view the gallery....but we've only had one rat, we've posted more for other people :D

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 3:50 AM
    Heidi and Laura2014 like this.
  3. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Thank you, Mango :)

pray2.gif 30159.jpg Unbenanntbnhfsda.PNG clap.gif

4. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

Really helpful. You should take
    herbal Nytol:thumbsup:

Mango Chutney likes this.
  5. Mango Chutney

Hahaha, well thank you....thank you most kindly, mere peasant :D:D
    You know my real name, girl....think about my initials...the royal connection is perfect! ;)
    I've tried everything, Laura :Cry:
    The trouble is, that stuff makes me stay asleep, so deals with the broken sleep aspect....but it doesn't make me actually go to sleep, which is the biggest problem......I was still on here when you liked my gallery post above! :eek:
    I've given up, I accept that I will die young and sleep for years afterwards :D

juicyfruit and Heidi like this.
  6. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

Truly it’s only in the last three months I have regained something of a normal sleep pattern and best of all I have started dreaming again
    ( remembering them). I still only sleep four hours but I can sometimes get back to sleep again after an hour. I have to be physically really tired to get to sleep and I use a herbal remedy too.

It’s a thread waiting to be created here. We concentrate so much on rats that we forget the stuff about regaining some normality. I think without exception we have all probably experienced a degree of trauma, loss, distress anxiety and fear together with increased use of alcohol, sleep disturbances and detrimental diet and all that needs attention too.

juicyfruit and Mango Chutney like this.
  7. Gorgeous

Gorgeous Well-Known Member

I am curious. Why do these rats think their greedy, lazy, TN women are superior to us? It makes my blood boil.
    Now, I know all the cultural background, etc. How they must control their wives, be seen as 'Mr Macho' when they return home with the fake possessions, despise us for being independent women with a brain - but they all scuttle back to the shit hole they came from to marry a cousin, who they think is virginal!
    They are afraid of us - mine certainly was - so obviously want a woman who never has an opinion and 'just lies back and thinks of England' (or in their case, Tunisia).
    Coffee-shop mentality is ingrained, coupled with laziness and sleep marathons.
    I have read so much on this site that has helped immensely and made me realise getting rid of the rat was cathartic.
    Difficulty sleeping - same here.
    Try 'Twilight sleep aid' - recommended.

8. Mango Chutney

Omg, how long have you been free? Perhaps there's light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sixteen months free....I don't think you're too much further ahead...so perhaps sleep will arrive soon! I hope so....this poor sleep deprived brain is ridiculous!
    Yes, I do too. I have a lavender bath most nights and read until my eyes just can't stay open anymore, but when I get into bed.....my thought process turns into a dang merry go round!
    I agree! That's one for you, your written hand and explanations are better than mine.....and considerably shorter :D
    I don't think it's this at all, it's just that they will not break away from cultural norms, so they will do what society and family expect of them.....they will marry and settle down to pro create with one of their own.
    I'm not opposed to this, I find it quite interesting...though painfully old fashioned. What gets to me, is the way they use us to finance their overall goal....it's so damn cruel!I
    Tunisian women are often better educated than the men, but they are raised to understand that their main purpose in life is to marry, obey and pro create. We are not raised this way....they can't handle us, we are not subservient enough for them.
    Tunisian woman is slowly progressing, they are fighting for a better life....it won't always be this way for them....and I 100% back these women in their fight for fairness!
    Yes, it truly is, but this is rat life, not normal Tunisian man life. My rats dad worked hard, slept at normal hours, went to mosque, showered daily, never set foot in a coffee shop, spends free time with family and doesn't use social media! :D
    Rats take that mentality abroad with them and expect us to adapt too their ways....it riles me! No matter who lives in whose country, if you want to be a success...it's crucial to mix, to adapt, to support local customs etc...it's called gratitude and respect...but a rat is not capable of feeling those things!
    Isn't it amazing how educating yourself on the practical aspects of things aids recovery! I recommend this for everyone. By taking the emotional aspect away, I was able to read up thoroughly on their culture, religion, inbreeding, mental health, bezness etc.....this understanding kinda removed the emotional aspect, I got educated and angry....the tears stopped!
    I guess it's the win-win way to recover. Learn to understand what the hell just happened to you on a practical level, give up on the hows, whys and if onlys....just accept you'll never know that emotional stuff...and focus solely on the practical stuff.
    Honestly, once I'd educated myself on what the feck had just happened to me, my anger was huge! How dare they treat good people this way for greed and to fit into a stone age society!
    Isn't it awful! I feel like I function in 'Robot mode' most days. I've never heard of Twilight Aid....but I'll bet Google has! Time to extend my education :D

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 5:20 PM
  9. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Unbenanntbnhtre.PNG now-kiss-it-cat.jpg

Sorry dear, that was too tempting to ignore :D 24.gif

10. Mango Chutney

11. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Unbenannt.PNGmkde.PNG flenn.gif

12. Mango Chutney

Heidi likes this.
  13. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

:D:D:D

14. Mango Chutney

Omg! What the hell?!! Please tell me people don't seriously play that to help a CAT go to sleep?? :eek::D:D
    I always listen to music in bed, classical soundtracks...I am a huge fan of Hans Zimmer (now composing music for 'Blue Planet') and I am Celine Dion's biggest ever fan!!

Heidi likes this.
  15. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Well, it worked for me - I just woke up :D

16. Mango Chutney

Hahaha, you complete twonk :D:D:D