Discussion in 'Rat on a Rat' started by Mohamed naouali, Aug 5, 2017.
Lovely recipes. Does anybody have a nice plain cheesecake recipe ?
They look fab.
sure do - and you don't have to bake it
2 packages (20 sheets) graham crackers
11 tablespoons (1 3/8 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
Cream Cheese 8 Oz
1 14-ounce can (1 1/4 cups) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Put graham crackers in a large resealable plastic bag, and crush them with a rolling pin until very fine crumbs form.
2. Pour crumbs into a medium bowl; stir in sugar. Add butter, and stir until well combined.
3. Press the crumb mixture into a 9-inch springform pan, spreading it 1 1/2 to 2 inches up the side; press flat. Chill crust in freezer at least 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the filling: Using an electric mixer set at medium-high speed, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in the condensed milk a little at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl, as necessary. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla.
5. Pour the filling into the crust; smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
6. Unclasp sides of pan, and remove cheesecake.
I do too;
One large pack of digestive biscuits
Bash the hell out of them in a plastic bag.
Add three ones of melted butter.
Pop in a round cake tin with removable bottom, if not then use a flan dish - press down so firm, butnot solid. Nicer if crumbly.
Pop in freezer for ten minutes or fridge for 30 minutes
Mix one carton of mascopone cheese to one carton whisked double cream or crepe fresh
Optional) Squeeze two limes into the cream.
Spread over the top of the biscuit base.
Add grated white chocolate on the top. Sooooo nice
Are Graham’s crackers the same as Jacobs?
US Ingredient UK Equivalent 1 UK Equivalent 2
Graham Crackers Digestive and Rich Tea Biscuits combined Ginger Biscuits
I don't know Jacobs
You DONT KNOW JACOB-CREAM CRACKERS!!! !!! Do you never eat cheese woman..... OMG is that possible?
I'm not in the UK
But there's no pic for me to dribble over
Talking of Ginger biscuits, ladies you have to try this;
One large (I like large in everything) packet of Ginger biscuits.
Soak each biscuit for 10 seconds in Sherry or port or rum.
Whisk double cream
Then cover each biscuit I cream and attach to another ginger biscuit until you have a long log. Then cover the whole log in whipped double cream
Refrigerate for an hour
Pure indulgence the alcohol soaked into the biscuit.
Oh my God, no baking??
I love you!
Now you are talking
I'll forgive you
I couldn't read the following posts through my tear filled eyes
May your excuses never run out
Thanks for the recipes. I will give both a try. We don’t have Graham crackers but will use some digestive biscuits instead.
Yay the recipes are back! Thank you Ladies!
There have been many good creations and recipes here but Uncle Bens microwave rice is just life changing.
Maybe I’ll learn to cook in the spare time I have now.
Do you think the "Gremlin On Crack" would insult the recipes too?HHEHHEHEHEH
Hear hear!! Uncle Ben and Aunt Bessie are family to me....they even live in my house
Nah. Cooking is women’s work.
Who are Uncle Ben and Aunt Bessie?
Are they British? I don’t eat rice so...
I only know of Aunt Jamima and Ben and Jerry’s.
They are the king of microwave rice and the queen of frozen food!
Occasionally, Ben & Jerry have also been known to visit my house
I don't like ice cream, but sometimes....I have to feed these dang children