Welcome to TLR

I need bait, who can help me?

Bee.

Major Ratslayer
It might be worth joining one of the twags groups on Facebook.
There is lady on one group in exactly the same situation as you asking about documents to marry her Tunisian partner that she hasn't met. She lives in NZ, he's in Europe, they've never met. She also has 2 children.
wait are you sure? Its not common for a NZ to meet a Tunisian. I know of myself as the second person. (My auntys friends, old co worker went and married hers just before covid) I dont know her and havnt talked to her before... But maybe this other nz was me? I put myself on those two groups. I sent a post maybe over a month ago to introduce myself and ask some questions.. I dunno if this was me now because I never wanted to marry the guy but im really curious to know if it was me you saw or another new zealander, id like to speak to them if I get the chance.

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
wait are you sure? Its not common for a NZ to meet a Tunisian. I know of myself as the second person. (My auntys friends, old co worker went and married hers just before covid) I dont know her and havnt talked to her before... But maybe this other nz was me? I put myself on those two groups. I sent a post maybe over a month ago to introduce myself and ask some questions.. I dunno if this was me now because I never wanted to marry the guy but im really curious to know if it was me you saw or another new zealander, id like to speak to them if I get the chance.
Well as you say, you've never asked about documents so it can't be you can it?

And if your aunties friend already married just before Covid it's definitely not her also, so do you have any clue who else it could be?

Neonnurse

Major Ratslayer
Obviously this is an anonymous forum so I would never know if it's you.
Only you know what you have posted online. This lady is definitely asking about marriage documents 2 days ago. Obviously you're talking on here about honey traps and not mentioned marriage so I didn't assume it was you but I thought it might be good for you to get in touch with the other lady in the same situation because you can maybe help and support each other.

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
@Bee. seems cool and far more educated on ratism since she joined the forum which is great.

FACT He has mislead her about his circumstance regarding visa's, as @SouthernGirl outlined.He has spun a pretty good line early on however TLR has educated her as to all of the gaps in his story.

I'm sorry but he's desperate for a visa, wants her to uproot her and her kids to move to Germany WTF, she's never met him AND clearly demonstrating that his needs are far greater than hers.

Bee , be careful as you really are playing with fire,he's a cornered Rat, he's an illegal who's outstayed his visa, I absolutely reckon he's got more than one women he's talking to like you and trying to secure a wife!
@Tigerpants you’re Spot On!! Here is your answer @Bee.
He’s doesn’t want to scare you off and what a “sleezee” individual.
Put your children first , that guy is “fishing” for a big fish.
Don’t WALK.... RUN my dear x

Bensalem

Major Ratslayer
Hi all..
I understand a lot of you don't want anything to do with Tunisian men anymore. But I want to ask if anyone of the ladies here from Europe or even better Germany can help me lay a trap for mine.
I'm done asking questions and hearing words from him. I want to catch him out for better or worse and make my decision about him soon. I don't trust him and hes making it easier for me to not. I want facts and hard proof that hes not into me and is in fact using me and have others on the side to use also and as backup if we fail.
I understand that my comment right now is proof I should let it go but I want hard evidence and I feel like the only help I can get is here.
I've tried making a fake profile but its not old enough. I dont even have the expertise to deceive. I can't test him myself because I'm too honest with my thoughts, I give myself away if I try lol..
Would one of you ladies be willing to help me to bait him please??
I think that many of the members have helped you out regarding this matter, maybe I may add some spices or a couple of Ideas that may represent a nice (but not perfect) bait for your guy.

Because I'm just Tunisian, but I have never been in a relationship with a Tunisian Rat before, Anyway here are the couple of idea that have crossed my mind.

- TELLING HIM THAT YOU'D SPEND YOUR LIFE IN TUNISIA AFTER GETTING MARRIED :
This has worked out for a couple of girl-friends of mine that were dealing with Tunisian Beznes guys, it's basically telling the guy that you'd want to get married in Tunisia, getting a residence in Tunisia, living with him in Tunisia.. and see how he'd react
* This worked out 2 as far as I know, once the guys learned about it, poof they've disappeared, so test it out.

- TELLING HIM THAT YOU'D WANT TO COME TO TUNISIA BUT YOU HAVE NO MONEY, YOU CAN ONLY AFFORD THE PLANE TICKET:
Of course, this is just an example, but mainly convincing him that you're not rich and that you can't afford a hotel or a rented house or whatsoever, and basically telling him that he should not expect money from you or gifts even taking him abroad can be very difficult and complicated since you don't have a job or something, you got the idea, let your imagination work with this.

- SPOILING HIS GREED * Long Game *
This is simply an Idea of a long-term game that you may play, it's basically letting him know that you got your hand on a large sum of money, that you're happy about it, but you're not really willing to share ..
I don't know, probably telling him that you left your job and gained a nice pension money, give him a huge amount, That's when you start your observation, if he starts to change, to the better of course, if he starts paying more attention, talking more and stuff, that means that it's working out, then you should expect him to ask for something ... he might do it directly, as much as he may do it indirectly * sickness, operation, joblessness, rent, new laptop etc...* you know the tricks.

Then, you may let him know that you have different plans for the money, of course letting him know that it's still very very early to bring him over to your country though .. but make sure to let him know that you're not intending to give any money and that you're gonna get a new car, pay your debts etc... you name it.

Hopefully this helped.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
I think that many of the members have helped you out regarding this matter, maybe I may add some spices or a couple of Ideas that may represent a nice (but not perfect) bait for your guy.

Because I'm just Tunisian, but I have never been in a relationship with a Tunisian Rat before, Anyway here are the couple of idea that have crossed my mind.

This has worked out for a couple of girl-friends of mine that were dealing with Tunisian Beznes guys, it's basically telling the guy that you'd want to get married in Tunisia, getting a residence in Tunisia, living with him in Tunisia.. and see how he'd react
* This worked out 2 as far as I know, once the guys learned about it, poof they've disappeared, so test it out.

- TELLING HIM THAT YOU'D WANT TO COME TO TUNISIA BUT YOU HAVE NO MONEY, YOU CAN ONLY AFFORD THE PLANE TICKET:
Of course, this is just an example, but mainly convincing him that you're not rich and that you can't afford a hotel or a rented house or whatsoever, and basically telling him that he should not expect money from you or gifts even taking him abroad can be very difficult and complicated since you don't have a job or something, you got the idea, let your imagination work with this.

This is simply an Idea of a long-term game that you may play, it's basically letting him know that you got your hand on a large sum of money, that you're happy about it, but you're not really willing to share ..
I don't know, probably telling him that you left your job and gained a nice pension money, give him a huge amount, That's when you start your observation, if he starts to change, to the better of course, if he starts paying more attention, talking more and stuff, that means that it's working out, then you should expect him to ask for something ... he might do it directly, as much as he may do it indirectly * sickness, operation, joblessness, rent, new laptop etc...* you know the tricks.

Then, you may let him know that you have different plans for the money, of course letting him know that it's still very very early to bring him over to your country though .. but make sure to let him know that you're not intending to give any money and that you're gonna get a new car, pay your debts etc... you name it.

Hopefully this helped.
Hmmmm the Tunisia idea mine recommended me come to him to live as his visa didn’t go thru didn’t care where we lived as long as we were together

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Yeah, it depends on how you bring it up, because yours was just waiting for you to spend some time with him, then the visa will go through ))) it's just tactics
No we had spent time together and did the fiancé visa but Tunisia did not approve him it was after that he started searching other ways of being together I know it would be at my expense so it was an easy way of me selling my house to bring my money abroad for him to lay back and enjoy because he has never brought anything into the relationship!

Bensalem

Major Ratslayer
No we had spent time together and did the fiancé visa but Tunisia did not approve him it was after that he started searching other ways of being together I know it would be at my expense so it was an easy way of me selling my house to bring my money abroad for him to lay back and enjoy because he has never brought anything into the relationship!
Exactly, see? they'd always find a way, but there fiance visa usually gets rejected, it's all over the world especially when the one applying for it doesn't really have a "Solid" Financial and Professional situation, but Tunisia has nothing to do with Visas, it's your country's embassy.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Exactly, see? they'd always find a way, but there fiance visa usually gets rejected, it's all over the world especially when the one applying for it doesn't really have a "Solid" Financial and Professional situation, but Tunisia has nothing to do with Visas, it's your country's embassy.
My country ? I did the visa application thru USCIS they approved him Tunisia however sent something back to USCIS so it was Tunisia that denied him for some unknown reason

Bensalem

Major Ratslayer
My country ? I did the visa application thru USCIS they approved him Tunisia however sent something back to USCIS so it was Tunisia that denied him for some unknown reason
Well, that's when it ticks .. because Tunisia doesn't provide visas for Tunisians, it doesn't even require visas for most countries nationals, but when it comes to this, that means that the USCIS wanted to do a background check on the person and there was something wrong with his background, usually unstable source of income, unknown source of income, undeclared source of income etc... sometimes it's judicial and related to the criminal record, sometimes it's based on previous complaints, if someone has flagged him to the Tunisian Ministry of Foreign affairs .. that means there's something wrong with the Person.

Plus, as far as I know, when I've gotten a Touristic Visa through the USCIS, I had an interview with them and I asked them, they said that they request to talk to every applicant to know them better, the funny thing that I liked is the fact that the girl said that they require also to know whether the applicant speaks English or not lol .. even for touristic short term business visas.

I'm not 100% sure, but if he got an interview, the USCIS rejected him, if he didn't reach the point of sitting for an interview, that means the Tunisian government actually is putting him under the radar.

Trust me, Tunisia has a collaboration with the US, UK and Europe in terms of Data transfer, sharing and counseling.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Well, that's when it ticks .. because Tunisia doesn't provide visas for Tunisians, it doesn't even require visas for most countries nationals, but when it comes to this, that means that the USCIS wanted to do a background check on the person and there was something wrong with his background, usually unstable source of income, unknown source of income, undeclared source of income etc... sometimes it's judicial and related to the criminal record, sometimes it's based on previous complaints, if someone has flagged him to the Tunisian Ministry of Foreign affairs .. that means there's something wrong with the Person.

Plus, as far as I know, when I've gotten a Touristic Visa through the USCIS, I had an interview with them and I asked them, they said that they request to talk to every applicant to know them better, the funny thing that I liked is the fact that the girl said that they require also to know whether the applicant speaks English or not lol .. even for touristic short term business visas.

I'm not 100% sure, but if he got an interview, the USCIS rejected him, if he didn't reach the point of sitting for an interview, that means the Tunisian government actually is putting him under the radar.

Trust me, Tunisia has a collaboration with the US, UK and Europe in terms of Data transfer, sharing and counseling.
Yeah who knows he had interview in Tunisia maybe it was the age difference or maybe his family’s name because I had to send my tax records and all showing I could support him he was quite young so I honestly think I was his first victim as far as criminal record who knows I mean can you actually get the truth out of them?? I say his family name because one time I said take your father to embassy with you he told me no he was banned from embassy again true or false????!

Bensalem

Major Ratslayer
Yeah who knows he had interview in Tunisia maybe it was the age difference or maybe his family’s name because I had to send my tax records and all showing I could support him he was quite young so I honestly think I was his first victim as far as criminal record who knows I mean can you actually get the truth out of them?? I say his family name because one time I said take your father to embassy with you he told me no he was banned from embassy again true or false????!
So we do agree that there's something fishy there ... because Rats usually tend to have an ambiguous situation with the government .. even with the interview, the USCIS are always paying attention to the very smallest details, so they'd ask tricky questions, because trust me they get all his files from the Tunisian Government and know all his moves from the day he was born.. so they know what they're doing.

As far as I'm aware, family names are not a huge problem when it comes to traveling or living abroad, you just work with the family name that you have on the passport ... my family has several last names, jewish, Italian, Tunisian etc... I just cover everything with my passport and that's it.

who's banned? him or his father? anyway if one gets banned from an embassy that's something Alarming, because as you know, Embassies are actually considered a foreign soil, like the US Embassy in Tunis, as soon as you get in you're no longer in Tunisia, legally you're in the US.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
So we do agree that there's something fishy there ... because Rats usually tend to have an ambiguous situation with the government .. even with the interview, the USCIS are always paying attention to the very smallest details, so they'd ask tricky questions, because trust me they get all his files from the Tunisian Government and know all his moves from the day he was born.. so they know what they're doing.

As far as I'm aware, family names are not a huge problem when it comes to traveling or living abroad, you just work with the family name that you have on the passport ... my family has several last names, jewish, Italian, Tunisian etc... I just cover everything with my passport and that's it.

who's banned? him or his father? anyway if one gets banned from an embassy that's something Alarming, because as you know, Embassies are actually considered a foreign soil, like the US Embassy in Tunis, as soon as you get in you're no longer in Tunisia, legally you're in the US.
It was his father so he said, so your telling me that USCIS approved him the interview at Tunisia was set up and this is where the snag came they said they were considering and would let us know and they never did they sent whatever to USCIS and much later I got a letter saying visa not approved. Never gave me a reason and I’m not saying names have anything to do with it just his last name being associated with whatever happened with father if this is even true

Bensalem

Major Ratslayer
It was his father so he said, so your telling me that USCIS approved him the interview at Tunisia was set up and this is where the snag came they said they were considering and would let us know and they never did they sent whatever to USCIS and much later I got a letter saying visa not approved. Never gave me a reason and I’m not saying names have anything to do with it just his last name being associated with whatever happened with father if this is even true
Well that's what I would say, and of course it's very difficult for them to provide YOU with the reason of the rejection, because it's private data, but I almost sure that he's well aware of it and he's just playing along and playing the victim that happens to be unlucky.

We have to understand that as long as a Visa gets rejected, there's always a reason.. because I can show you a lot of Tunisian people that are living in Tunisia that are getting their visas in a matter of a couple of hours, a couple of days maximum and to any country they want !! without getting rejected at all not even once.

Bee.

Major Ratslayer

Hopefully this helped.
Hi there @Bensalem .
I have been seeing your posts and comments, Are you a man or woman? lol I dunno but I'm glad you are here. You have some insightful information, especially i see where it comes to the legal stuff.
Off topic to your comment here, I read your comment to Sabrina about the legal/embassy stuff. I just have a question I don't have an answer to that you might have.
The New Zealand Embassy for Tunisia, why is it in Cairo, Egypt?
I also found another address, contact number and email for it in Indonesia?? weird I know right.
Its good to know the info you shared about once you step foot inside your embassy, you are legally on your countrys soil.
Thats good protection to have if needed for any reason someone doesnt feel safe while travelling abroad (ive not travelled so i have zero experience lol)
But that doesnt help a NZer if its all the way in Cairo lol.. what other options are there for Nzer? would one have to transit to Cairo first and on the way out?
Sorry if I sound Ignorant on this stuff. Because well I am! hahh..

I'm not sure if any of these ideas would work to be honest.

The first idea, because I have two small children and I've discussed with him and he knows I want to raise my babies here on this land un till they are old enough to make their own choices. After my babies are grown I want to travel and make music. I am already settled and stable, my babies too. I've also talked with him many times, I wont marry for anything but love, not even to sign some paper to be together. I have also gone over with him if he wishes to come here to live, and its settled between us that getting married or a marriage certificate, for the sake of making the process faster etc, wont make a difference. My country travel laws and requirements require more then that. It would be a pointless process wasted when we have to meet and get to know and prove our interactions and live together for 12 months etc before applying for any sort of partnership visa.

Spoiling his greed...
I honestly don't think he is bothered by the materialistic of the world. He dresses humble, speaks humble, he is just getting by, but is not spending ghost money that came out nowhere i dont think.
Myself, I have nothing. (im sorry no, I have everything, everything I need) but really, i live my pay week to week, I have no assets, im solo parent with two children, all expenses are on me, Im saving minimum 40 dollars a week, that I keep needing to break into by the end of the week! hahh Trust me, he wont believe i came into any money, i couldnt use lotto either hahhh because he knows how I feel about gambling lol.
I couldnt use the pension idea either lol I'm only 30.
without going into heaps of personal detail about it. I was raised humbly, my parents didnt get me anything i wanted, we lived off left overs, I lived in a poor part of my city. you know the drift, in other words, I have nothing to offer in the sense. sometimes I feel like he has done more with his life then I have lol...except for my wonderful babies of course.
Where it comes to financial, material, gifts greed, he has nothing to gain from me. I live for my babies day to day at the moment and just do the best I can do. I will think bout travel and the things i want in life later lol

Bee.

Major Ratslayer

Hopefully this helped.
By the way Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate it, your input is valuable

Bensalem

Major Ratslayer
Hi there @Bensalem .
I have been seeing your posts and comments, Are you a man or woman? lol I dunno but I'm glad you are here. You have some insightful information, especially i see where it comes to the legal stuff.
Off topic to your comment here, I read your comment to Sabrina about the legal/embassy stuff. I just have a question I don't have an answer to that you might have.
The New Zealand Embassy for Tunisia, why is it in Cairo, Egypt?
I also found another address, contact number and email for it in Indonesia?? weird I know right.
Its good to know the info you shared about once you step foot inside your embassy, you are legally on your countrys soil.
Thats good protection to have if needed for any reason someone doesnt feel safe while travelling abroad (ive not travelled so i have zero experience lol)
But that doesnt help a NZer if its all the way in Cairo lol.. what other options are there for Nzer? would one have to transit to Cairo first and on the way out?
Sorry if I sound Ignorant on this stuff. Because well I am! hahh..

I'm not sure if any of these ideas would work to be honest.

The first idea, because I have two small children and I've discussed with him and he knows I want to raise my babies here on this land un till they are old enough to make their own choices. After my babies are grown I want to travel and make music. I am already settled and stable, my babies too. I've also talked with him many times, I wont marry for anything but love, not even to sign some paper to be together. I have also gone over with him if he wishes to come here to live, and its settled between us that getting married or a marriage certificate, for the sake of making the process faster etc, wont make a difference. My country travel laws and requirements require more then that. It would be a pointless process wasted when we have to meet and get to know and prove our interactions and live together for 12 months etc before applying for any sort of partnership visa.

Spoiling his greed...
I honestly don't think he is bothered by the materialistic of the world. He dresses humble, speaks humble, he is just getting by, but is not spending ghost money that came out nowhere i dont think.
Myself, I have nothing. (im sorry no, I have everything, everything I need) but really, i live my pay week to week, I have no assets, im solo parent with two children, all expenses are on me, Im saving minimum 40 dollars a week, that I keep needing to break into by the end of the week! hahh Trust me, he wont believe i came into any money, i couldnt use lotto either hahhh because he knows how I feel about gambling lol.
I couldnt use the pension idea either lol I'm only 30.
without going into heaps of personal detail about it. I was raised humbly, my parents didnt get me anything i wanted, we lived off left overs, I lived in a poor part of my city. you know the drift, in other words, I have nothing to offer in the sense. sometimes I feel like he has done more with his life then I have lol...except for my wonderful babies of course.
Where it comes to financial, material, gifts greed, he has nothing to gain from me. I live for my babies day to day at the moment and just do the best I can do. I will think bout travel and the things i want in life later lol
Hello Bee,

Thank you very much I really appreciate it, and I am Indeed a Tunisian Man, living pretty much everywhere .. I work with a big social media company, I have my own business which is worldwide so I spend most of my time moving from a place to another, but I'm based between Tunisia, Malta, Paris and Greece, just because I love being in the Mediterranean area and If I get away from the sea I may die lol )))

Anyway, I know totally what you're saying but I just tried to give some ideas that are quite general, so that you adjust them in a custom way to fit your situation, and it requires a lot of work because everyone has their own personality traits, and express themselves quite differently.

In response to your question about the Embassy, Unfortunately, some countries or governments decide to establish embassies in certain areas.. The NZ Embassy for Tunisia is in Egypt, but legally speaking, it represents NZ in North Africa, instead of putting an embassy in every single country .. at the end of the day, there aren't too many Tunisians in NZ or too many "Kiwis" and New Zealanders in Tunisia ( I knew only some that were living in Tunisia, teaching English) .. Same for example applies to Tunisia too, In Greece there's a Tunisian embassy that represents Tunisia in Greece, Albania, Macedonia and Monte-negro etc...

But, yeah, I think Egyptian Rats, are way more dangerous than Tunisian ones ..

Thank you again Bee

confuseddotcom

Major Ratslayer
But, yeah, I think Egyptian Rats, are way more dangerous than Tunisian ones ..
My own “wonderful” experience has been an Egyptian one, so I actually don’t know so much about Tunisian rats other than what’s been written on tlr. From what I can see the tactics they use are very similar but I think you might be right about Egyptians being more dangerous...

Not because they’re particularly crueller (that’s subjective), but because of the law that makes it extremely hard to break ties with an Egyptian husband. There are various types of marriage in Egypt, most of them designed in the Egyptian man’s favour. They are only beneficial if you’re an Egyptian woman with a high dowry, in which case divorce can be very expensive for the husband. But as a woman you can be arrested and brought back to even your orfi (unofficial) husband if you go missing. There are also a lot of property scams in Egypt where the man gets a woman to buy or invest in a villa or flat then she ends up locked out with nothing. Can think of many more examples...

Last edited:

Bensalem

Major Ratslayer
My own “wonderful” experience has been an Egyptian one, so I actually don’t know so much about Tunisian rats other than what’s been written on tlr. From what I can see the tactics they use are very similar but I think you might be right about Egyptians being more dangerous...

Not because they’re particularly crueller (that’s subjective), but because of the law that makes it extremely hard to break ties with an Egyptian husband. There are various types of marriage in Egypt, most of them designed in the Egyptian man’s favour. They are only beneficial if you’re an Egyptian woman with a high dowry, in which case divorce can be very expensive for the husband. There are also a lot of property scams in Egypt where the man gets a woman to buy or invest in a villa or flat then she ends up locked out with nothing. Can think of many more examples...
You're right ! Tunisia, is like a part of Europe, that isn't European, the Laws, the legislation etc.. even the constitution is adapted from European countries, well mainly France .. In terms of Religion, Egypt is more extremist, therefore, women's rights is pretty much absent ... In Egypt a man can marry up to 4 women, and can divorce with one word "You're divorced" and boom, legally speaking it is a divorce ..
In Tunisia on the other hand, Women's rights movement is pretty much old, and their right are guarded and well managed by LAW .. a man can get married only to one woman ! they have emphasized on the gender equality too .. Divorce is pretty much like any other country as well.

so in many ways, in Tunisia you can always find your right, but in Egypt, unfortunately, not so much