I remember when I first joined.......

Would you?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Femme Fatale

Welcome home. Glad to have you back :)
Thanks. I miss it though. I love my country but Europe was good to me. But the good news I did stop a few colleagues from going to Tunisia. When they were looking at Morocco, Tunisia came up on the lists of places. We were in the office and I heard the word Tunisia and immediately was like nope, nope. One of my colleagues is openly gay and married. I would fight for him and I know how they feel about gay people. My rat hated them. Tunisia was was a shorter flight and cheaper, it caught their eye. Haha, ended up in Spain instead, also a 2 hour flight and cheap.

Meteorite

Thanks. I miss it though. I love my country but Europe was good to me. But the good news I did stop a few colleagues from going to Tunisia. When they were looking at Morocco, Tunisia came up on the lists of places. We were in the office and I heard the word Tunisia and immediately was like nope, nope. One of my colleagues is openly gay and married. I would fight for him and I know how they feel about gay people. My rat hated them. Tunisia was was a shorter flight and cheaper, it caught their eye. Haha, ended up in Spain instead, also a 2 hour flight and cheap.
They may have been hated but it's widespread...where else ya think the "good" muslim boys practice ;) miboune - gayboy

Femme Fatale

They may have been hated but it's widespread...where else ya think the "good" muslim boys practice ;) miboune - gayboy
I’m sure they do. But I really didn’t want my colleague and his husband subjected to the stares or the sneers. They are very open. They hold hands and they are so lovable. Good people. Knowing those two, they wouldn’t want to stay in the tourist area, they would want to go into the villages and indulge in the culture. We went to more tolerant non Muslim places instead like the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, all over Germany and France, etc.

Didn’t give Tunisia 1 dinar.

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
Spain is definitely on my list too :D Glad to hear they opted for a much better vacation :D
Spain is lovely :)
I used to stay with a friend in a village called Campillos, such a gorgeous, traditional village....unlike Tunisia! We used to travel around on buses and trains, so I saw many small places, but also, I’ve been to Malaga, Marbella, Fuengirola, Rhonda and Antequera.....I highly recommend Spain :thumbsup:

Bostons

Spain is lovely :)
I used to stay with a friend in a village called Campillos, such a gorgeous, traditional village....unlike Tunisia! We used to travel around on buses and trains, so I saw many small places, but also, I’ve been to Malaga, Marbella, Fuengirola, Rhonda and Antequera.....I highly recommend Spain :thumbsup:
Malaga is amazing! I loved it! My favorite place though is Barcelona... I fell in love!

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
Haha all my colleague said that. It was so expensive where many of them stayed at LakenHeath, the Air Force Base to stay at military lodging for $75 USD a night and just drove into London. It was too expensive to stay there.
I used to live near there!!!! Small world!
They had a Donut Land off the base, as did Mildenhall....us Brit’s had never tasted doughnuts like that....they were yum, and.....we got to check out all the hotties on the airbase whilst stuffing our faces with cake....does life get any better? :p

Now, I am not so far from Alconbury ;)
We have many airbases in our area.

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite city in the world is London. I wish I could go more often. When I do go it's usually for work. :(
My city of birth and childhood :)
I never appreciated London until I moved away, it was all just there, so I took it for granted.
I dare not go there now, definitely won’t take my kids there, even though a lot of my family and my old friends are still there....crime is through the roof!
Malaga is amazing! I loved it! My favorite place though is Barcelona... I fell in love!
Barcelona is on my weekend city break list...not sure where we’re going this year yet, last year was Rome :)

Bostons

I never appreciated London until I moved away, it was all just there, so I took it for granted.
I dare not go there now, definitely won’t take my kids there, even though a lot of my family and my old friends are still there....crime is through the roof!

Barcelona is on my weekend city break list...not sure where we’re going this year yet, last year was Rome :)
All of my experiences in London have been positive. My first time there I was a 17 year old right of High School. Senior trip! :p I've been there dozens of times and never felt unsafe, ofcourse I assume I am in the touristy areas that are cleaned up. My dream is travel the UK in other places. I've been to Weston-Super Mare and a few other places but I'd love to see more. One day.... *sigh*

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
All of my experiences in London have been positive. My first time there I was a 17 year old right of High School. Senior trip! :p I've been there dozens of times and never felt unsafe, ofcourse I assume I am in the touristy areas that are cleaned up. My dream is travel the UK in other places. I've been to Weston-Super Mare and a few other places but I'd love to see more. One day.... *sigh*
Yes, the tourist places are great, but in the real inner city areas....steer clear :thumbsup:
Before rat and PTSD, I still went to White Hart Lane to watch my football team, but crime has accelerated since then (Google knife crime and acid attacks in London), and accompanied with the health battle I fight, I wouldn’t cope.
Have you ever seen York? It’s freakin gorgeous! If you haven’t been, and you like oldie woldie England, York is a must. I also lived just outside Cambridge....and recommend there too :)

Meteorite

I went to Kos last year.....so beautiful and peaceful. I highly recommend it. Xx

Top Bottom